Shell V Power.

mr v6

This is defo a thing in Sheffield, there’s 5 shells within a few miles of me and the last few times I’ve been to fill up I’ve had to visit 2 or 3 to get V Power. Super annoying and the best response I’ve had yet is that, “it runs out around the weekend before the next delivery”.

Same issue in West Yorkshire. Talking to the Shell man at the local garage all the petrol currently coming from one place, causing queues for tanker lorries and normal fuel being priortied to keep the country running. 

If true or not I dont know, but pretty stupid if true to only have one source 🤣

My local 2 shells have not had vpower last few weeks. I did a quick google and found that shell are changing the formulation during december and launching a new vpower that is supposed to be better for modern turbo and hybrid engines. Maybe some docks/refineries have run out of the “old” stuff and waiting for shipments of the “new” formula?

Well I hope I can get some v power next weekend when I have to fill up again. Or maybe I just do a partial fill up tomorrow 😬

It's bad enough that it's got warmer recently that my winter tyres don't perform as well as they should do if it was sub 7°c. Having to drive more carefully than usual.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

26 minutes ago, mr v6 said:

Cheers everyone, seems we're not alone up here in the northwest.. I wasn't aware Tesco Momentum was 99 ron, so I just brimmed the tank with that stuff. It does seem to be a regional thing though.

In that case, Esso also sells 99 ron