Introducing Carla Cayman

The Bounty Bar Kid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So last week Thursday on my way from home I got an error pop up on the dash. PADM - drive carefully. Took it back to the garage this morning and the left dynamic engine mount is faulty so will need replacing.

Whilst googling PADM when I got home last week, I read that I could expect anything from £1000-1500 for one engine mount or £2500 to replace 2 of them. I'm worrying away thinking bloody hell, this might be expensive.

After taking her to Cridfords, and having a diagnostic check, I'm happy with the £1100 they have quoted including labour and VAT. Booked her in for the 11th to get sorted and then I can get back to some spirited driving. Never had such good MPG in her 🤣

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
  • Sad 1

Wow the dreaded Engine Mount...I wonder if Porsche would have covered that? Sounds like wear and tear. 

£1100 seems cheap compared to what some YouTube guy paid. Unless these are different mounts.

Isnt it best to replace in pairs?! 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Yeah I thought that too. Design911 are selling the part for £1000. People replace in pairs to avoid having to go back to get the other one sorted, but I was dreading the cost as it was. I would rather wait until the other one goes and sort it out then.

Im not too sure about that. Maybe someone more mechanically Technical can chime in. 

Like with most parts. Best to replace in pairs. The other one might go when prices or parts are scarce and you pay more. Seems steep but id change both.

One mount would be stronger and fresher than the other. Not sure what the side effects are.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

27 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Or better still, strip them out and replace with standard mounts. As much as I fanboi over Porsche, dynamic engine mounts are not something I’ve ever seen any point in what so ever. 

Who buys a Porsche to go OEM- 😬

• Haha 1

On 30/03/2023 at 18:20, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

So last week Thursday on my way from home I got an error pop up on the dash. PADM - drive carefully. Took it back to the garage this morning and the left dynamic engine mount is faulty so will need replacing.

Whilst googling PADM when I got home last week, I read that I could expect anything from £1000-1500 for one engine mount or £2500 to replace 2 of them. I'm worrying away thinking bloody hell, this might be expensive.

After taking her to Cridfords, and having a diagnostic check, I'm happy with the £1100 they have quoted including labour and VAT. Booked her in for the 11th to get sorted and then I can get back to some spirited driving. Never had such good MPG in her 🤣

Will this not be covered by the warranty? 

Sorry to hear that, does seem a rather large and unexpected bill. Always a gamble I guess with not taking out an extended warranty with a premium brand sports car. Might be able to source a good condition used pair.

1 minute ago, davey_83 said:

Sorry to hear that, does seem a rather large and unexpected bill. Always a gamble I guess with not taking out an extended warranty with a premium brand sports car. Might be able to source a good condition used pair.

I'm not fussed with paying £1100 for it. It's not that big a deal. Paying for 2 would have been at the moment.

3 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

It was only a 6 month warranty.

Brave... Id have been on the blower to Porsche Warranty Services as soon as I left the lot. That being said im not sure if theyd cover it. Maybe, Maybe not.

Its kind of expected this type of cost. Id get some type of cover. PDK is £3000 used up to £9000+ for a new unit apparently. Can have a rain fund but its a gamble on what goes next. Some might see cover as a waste of money. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra