Jump to content

Introducing Carla Cayman


The Bounty Bar Kid
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I think I'm pretty set on a Porsche, always wanted one and the 981 s is the best I can currently afford. I'm very picky on cars. The new Supra did peak my interest, possibly only car that I might consider for the money. There were others I'd like but not sure if they're a great buy or other factors like servicing costs/tax/ insurance got in the way.

 

Anyways I need to scratch that Porsche itch whilst I can.


If you’re in the mood, go for it, you will not be disappointed. Good luck waiting for the spec to come up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I'm going to give up on finding the perfect spec. The one I'm going to see is only missing 2 things I'd like. Rear view camera and sapphire blue paint. Every other option is there.

 

I only have parking sensors, but it’s a doddle to park.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/08/2022 at 14:00, docwra said:


The car was made specifically by Chevy to go round the 'Ring as quickly as possible, it laps faster than an LFA, Ford GT or LP640. And they didnt set their times in the wet, trust me when I say it goes round corners :lol: 
This one has 150hp over the car that did the 7.37 as well :lol: 


Despite the power the reason I bought it was the chassis, its absolutely sublime and genuinely as good as *anything* Ive driven. The only other street car fitted with spool dampers is the Aston one 77 and ceramic brakes are a £10K option on a GT3 .......... we dont talk about fuel though ;) 
Oh, and its very unlikely to depreciate, this is 1 of 51 produced with no aircon.  

If it was me with the 40K Id still be looking for a 981 (arguably best street car Ive driven, also unlikely to depreciate) but dont rule out the leftfield options without trying them first, for example you could get a nice TVR, F-Type, Exige for £40K ....... 

 

Impressive numbers mr docwra, sounds like a handful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/08/2022 at 22:10, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Unfortunately the condition on the money is to use it to buy a car. Nothing else. Mods would have to come from my own money. If I spend less than 40k, I don't get to keep the difference.


 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/08/2022 at 22:10, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Unfortunately the condition on the money is to use it to buy a car. Nothing else. Mods would have to come from my own money. If I spend less than 40k, I don't get to keep the difference.

 

Being hard on yourself.  Who wrote these conditions 😂

 

Did you consider a TTRS. Theres one floating around for £32k but usually they were 35k plus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

 

Being hard on yourself.  Who wrote these conditions 😂

 

Did you consider a TTRS. Theres one floating around for £32k but usually they were 35k plus. 

My dad 🤣

 

If he had said here's 40k do want you want, I'd have put 25k into my garden as it's what I'm currently saving to get redone then put 15k into a 350z + mods. But I can't do that.

 

Also not a fan of the TT. Especially the original one 🤮

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

I would wait for the colour that you really want when spending that sort of money 😉good luck

When I got my 350z I always wanted an azure one but they didn't do it in the HR engine so I got a black one. Didn't.stop me falling in love with it. Black is my 2nd choice. Let's see what happens when I compare the 22k miles black one with the 77k miles blue one. Sewing the blue in the flesh might convince me to wait it out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

When I got my 350z I always wanted an azure one but they didn't do it in the HR engine so I got a black one. Didn't.stop me falling in love with it. Black is my 2nd choice. Let's see what happens when I compare the 22k miles black one with the 77k miles blue one. Sewing the blue in the flesh might convince me to wait it out.

Hope it all goes well, i won't try and talk  you into buying a 370 Nismo, as it sounds like your mind is already made up, but i do own a 370 Nismo and they are great cars

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ShortPaul said:

Hope it all goes well, i won't try and talk  you into buying a 370 Nismo, as it sounds like your mind is already made up, but i do own a 370 Nismo and they are great cars

I'd have loved a 370z Nismo before, but the Cayman is in a different league IMO and the opinion of others. If I can "level up",within reason, I'll go for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I think I'm pretty set on a Porsche, always wanted one and the 981 s is the best I can currently afford. 

 

Never heard of many people buying a porsche and not being satisfied with them. Although never owned one, have thought about it and looked. Just make sure you do your homework on the model spec you want and get one with a good history.

 

They can be money pits if they have been neglected. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Garden sounds like major work. A bit like ours. 😂

 

Every car has their problems. You just want the issues to be something like TPMS sensors or window seal scratched the glass like my car. Nothing Engine, Gearbox related and in typical VW fashion electrics. 

 

Either way its all luck and touchwood. Ive heard of people blowing VQs in US. All depends. Then again when you do doughnuts for IG clicks from cold what do you expect. Or try to drift round a corner claiming 30mph. It is what it is! 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got to see the car in blue and black. The blue isn't as nice as I thought it would be. Must be a different blue to the one I'd seen on another Porsche a good few years ago. Shame.

 

Anyways, the black was stunning and enjoyed the test drive. Deposit paid.

 

On my way back home, I suddenly went through somewhere I recognised. A pub in Ockley where we've had a 350z meet before, good times 😍

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
Grammar
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

So I got to see the car in blue and black. The blue isn't as nice as I thought it would be. Must be a different blue to the one I'd seen on another Porsche a good few years ago. Shame.

 

Anyways, the black was stunning and enjoyed the test drive. Deposit paid.

 

On my way back home, I suddenly went through somewhere I recognised. A pub in Ockley where we've had a 350z meet before, good times 😍

Sounds like you had a good day looking forward to seeing the pics

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks awesome buddy! Congrats. Would love to own a Porsche at some point in life too.

 

Have always said I’d keep the zed forever but 911 has always been a dream car, and unfortunately can’t have both.

 

Keep looking 997.2s but prices have gone up quite a bit where I can’t justify it right now 😔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...