Introducing Carla Cayman

The Bounty Bar Kid

8 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Brave... Id have been on the blower to Porsche Warranty Services as soon as I left the lot. That being said im not sure if theyd cover it. Maybe, Maybe not.

Its kind of expected this type of cost. Id get some type of cover. PDK is £3000 used up to £9000+ for a new unit apparently. Can have a rain fund but its a gamble on what goes next. Some might see cover as a waste of money. 

The problem I had with the Porsche warranty is that they don't like non Porsche parts being fitted and I HAD to have Android auto retro fitted which is non Porsche so I knew it'd be useless. It's made the experience so much better.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 20:31, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

So so far here is my cost analysis...

Total spend £47,900

I'm not up on the different ways to buy a car so forgive me. £2000 Cayman S, can't be bad ay

23 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

I'm not up on the different ways to buy a car so forgive me. £2000 Cayman S, can't be bad ay

I was 40 last year so my dad decided he'd offer me £40k to buy a car. Admittedly, this was 8 months after my birthday (part of me thinks he forgot how old I was). It's an advance on my inheritance. Conditions were that I could only use it to spend on a car. Anything I didn't spend, would be lost.

As I don't talk to his wife (my biological mother) or his other kids (my biological siblings), I didn't know what to do, so I took the offer. He said he was going to offer them the same. In "normal" circumstances I'd have spoken to his kids to agree what road to take (accept or decline), but because I'm not speaking to them (and haven't in years because they're knob jockeys - his wife and other kids are the MAIN reason I'm single and divorced), I said yes. Why not? I didn't know how they'd react or why not?

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

46 minutes ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I was 40 last year so my dad decided he'd offer me £40k to buy a car. Admittedly, this was 8 months after my birthday (part of

Family eh. Theyd do you worse than a stranger! 

The 350Z was probably the first car I acclamatized to higher costs of maintaining a car. People are still shocked when I tell them how much brakes and tires are on the Z. 

Once you go indie its basically indie the rest of the way. Some indies do offer warranty but it depends on if they think its profitable or not. Its probably underwritten by someone else.....

Ive got warranty on my Z. The likelihood is ill probably not need it. 

Regards to android auto, they probably wont cover your audio a bit like when i had short tails on my first Nismo. Nissan said anything related to the exhaust system is not covered. They happily cover everything else. As long as the fault is investigated and not related to your mod. Might be different with Porsche however. 

Thats why more manufacturers are offering aftermarket retrofits nowadays. So customers can buy things like Android Auto through them and still be covered

8 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Family eh. Theyd do you worse than a stranger! 

The 350Z was probably the first car I acclamatized to higher costs of maintaining a car. People are still shocked when I tell them how much brakes and tires are on the Z. 

Once you go indie its basically indie the rest of the way. Some indies do offer warranty but it depends on if they think its profitable or not. Its probably underwritten by someone else.....

Ive got warranty on my Z. The likelihood is ill probably not need it. 

Regards to android auto, they probably wont cover your audio a bit like when i had short tails on my first Nismo. Nissan said anything related to the exhaust system is not covered. They happily cover everything else. As long as the fault is investigated and not related to your mod. Might be different with Porsche however. 

Thats why more manufacturers are offering aftermarket retrofits nowadays. So customers can buy things like Android Auto through them and still be covered

The PCM updated unit hasn't been released for my model yet. I might look into it, but once I've got some more cash to burn. You can only warranty 15- year old cars, so I could only do a max of 5 years as mine is a 2013 model.

Yeah family suck, but I'm so much happier that they're out of my life. Ideally I would have told them to f off and kept the wife.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

11 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I was 40 last year so my dad decided he'd offer me £40k to buy a car. Admittedly, this was 8 months after my birthday (part of me thinks he forgot how old I was). It's an advance on my inheritance. Conditions were that I could only use it to spend on a car. Anything I didn't spend, would be lost.

As I don't talk to his wife (my biological mother) or his other kids (my biological siblings), I didn't know what to do, so I took the offer. He said he was going to offer them the same. In "normal" circumstances I'd have spoken to his kids to agree what road to take (accept or decline), but because I'm not speaking to them (and haven't in years because they're knob jockeys - his wife and other kids are the MAIN reason I'm single and divorced), I said yes. Why not? I didn't know how they'd react or why not?

Deep stuff pal, sorry to hear that. 

1 hour ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Doesn't bother me anymore, better to remove toxic people from your life.

Yeah thats the best way. I like people in small doses. Life is much more peaceful without the drama and Hollywood certain characters bring. 

Rather enjoy my own time. If im feeling social then an hour here and there on a Sunday doesn't hurt. Then some people remind you why its best to keep to yourself sometimes lol. Sure life is not the most fun when being anti social but the worlds different now. With more freedom you can literally duck and avoid people as much or as little as possible. 

I do like meeting new people then the vetting process kicks in lol...I suppose you have to make your own judgement and pick the better poison. Family, inheritance and close ties vs Partner and estranged but happier....

Forge your own path and maybe patch it up later if people are willing to compromise.....not without risk....

Id happily forge my own path for my sanity. In your case seems only Father is reasonable. You can still patch it up with the rest. Just keep them at bay or interactions to a minimum. 1hr Christmas dinner and keep it moving. If anyone seeks more interaction then clear the air and put everything on the table.."i dont like how you did x...., im willin to let bygones be...shake on it or..." .

with family you can only try if they revert back to old ways.......keep it moving no biggie

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Yeah thats the best way. I like people in small doses. Life is much more peaceful without the drama and Hollywood certain characters bring. 

Rather enjoy my own time. If im feeling social then an hour here and there on a Sunday doesn't hurt. Then some people remind you why its best to keep to yourself sometimes lol. Sure life is not the most fun when being anti social but the worlds different now. With more freedom you can literally duck and avoid people as much or as little as possible. 

I do like meeting new people then the vetting process kicks in lol...I suppose you have to make your own judgement and pick the better poison. Family, inheritance and close ties vs Partner and estranged but happier....

Forge your own path and maybe patch it up later if people are willing to compromise.....not without risk....

Id happily forge my own path for my sanity. In your case seems only Father is reasonable. You can still patch it up with the rest. Just keep them at bay or interactions to a minimum. 1hr Christmas dinner and keep it moving. If anyone seeks more interaction then clear the air and put everything on the table.."i dont like how you did x...., im willin to let bygones be...shake on it or..." .

with family you can only try if they revert back to old ways.......keep it moving no biggie

Oh they're out of my life permanently, there's no coming back after what they did.

Anyways, back to Carla... So happy we're expected to have dry warmer weather. I'll be able to clean her more often and she'll stay looking clean longer 🥳

For peace of mind yep. With the car you can be in lands end or john o groats at the touch of a start button. No longer required to hang around negativity! 😎

Just 3 to 4 weeks I reckon. Might check in with the weather crew hopefully theyll have some good news 😂

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

So I got the PADM replaced and at the same time asked for my wheel alignment to be checked as I felt the car was slightly pulling to the left. As I suspected, it needed adjusting.

Had a fun spirited drive back, felt sooo good 😍

Weekend looks dry! Hopefully thats the last of the maintenance for a while. So are you going forward without warranty? "Life on the Edge" or did you ask the indie about it?

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, HEADPHONES said:

Always a good start to the weekend knowing your car's been cleaned and waxed.

Hate going out 8n a dirty car......... it's like leaving the house with messy hair to me😬

Yep although I have no hair and I'm now just spending the day inside watching the Robbie Margot Harley Quinn movies.

I took my kids to see suicide squad in 2016.

They were discussing their favourite characters.

My then 8 year old daughter said Gunshot while my 5 year old son said Harley Quinn.

Mum asked why Harley Quinn.

My son said "she wears the clothes that show THE SHAPE":lol:

• Haha 3