New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Why don't Nissan get on the bandwagon and start knocking out carbon fibre (flavour of the month material) copies of the 240z but with modern underpinnings or go leccie like every other b******r is doing and charging extortionate amounts for bespoke interior's?:surrender:

You know swap the black plastic door cards for Bentley Mulsanne stylie diamond pattern leather or for vegans, velour (sorry I mean alcantara!):lol:

Just saying...

Was speaking to a Renault/Nissan Tech and he said he doesnt buy the posturing from Nissan. But we may see a hybrid/electric version of the Z in future during the facelift era. Although I mentioned the need to adapt the car adding OPF filters and all sorts which is counter productive to making money having to spend money on modified exhaust systems and Lights, just to sell 100 units in EU first year...

In the meantime can always go German or pick up something else. While Nissan change the current line up to Hybrids. 

Because Nissan want the GTR to be sold worldwide its most likely going to be a non plug in Hybrid V6 with integrated assist motors and regeneration braking. 

I expect more screens and less switches. The GTR will have a lot more tech than the Z

Edited by GranTurismoEra

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Was speaking to a Renault/Nissan Tech and he said he doesnt buy the posturing from Nissan. But we may see a hybrid/electric version of the Z in future during the facelift era. Although I mentioned the need to adapt the car adding OPF filters and all sorts which is counter productive to making money having to spend money on modified exhaust systems and Lights, just to sell 100 units in EU first year...

In the meantime can always go German or pick up something else. While Nissan change the current line up to Hybrids. 

Because Nissan want the GTR to be sold worldwide its most likely going to be a non plug in Hybrid V6 with integrated assist motors and regeneration braking. 

I expect more screens and less switches. The GTR will have a lot more tech than the Z

I still like the GTR but always disappointed with the interior? It's very 1990s bland plastic even the revised version is still lacking for this price car?  If they make it all touch screen it may even brighten it up as long as they don't go all Honda -E 1970s style Teak record player. 

Then again the interior of the Lexus Lc500 does look like it came from a discerning 1970s musicians flat insisting on high end stereophonic audio equipment. Looks ace :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 15:15, stanski said:

I still like the GTR but always disappointed with the interior? It's very 1990s bland plastic even the revised version is still lacking for this price car?  If they make it all touch screen it may even brighten it up as long as they don't go all Honda -E 1970s style Teak record player. 

Then again the interior of the Lexus Lc500 does look like it came from a discerning 1970s musicians flat insisting on high end stereophonic audio equipment. Looks ace :thumbs:

what you think of the interior of the zp...I think theyll keep it the same for the final version

10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

what you think of the interior of the zp...I think theyll keep it the same for the final version

Yes exactly, it's very much a 370z vibe in keeping with Zeds and why change it? 

They are never going to take on Audi or Bentley for interiors but they are functional no nonsense sports car. Even my 350 with its scratchy plastics was ok and fairly robust, the 370 was like a jump forward just because of the stitching and velour (sorry alcantara). 

My only gripe are the dials on the top don't look quite as good as before but I wont be able to afford one so not an issue for me. 

Dare I say this but I'm starting to like the new Z and even the colour. The pearl yellow works as the design is more understated and brings out the dark rims. The rear is nice touch and stands out. Still need to see more close ups from the front. Wonder who will import to UK as those making the move won't even get to see one in real life  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

i think they will be around £45,000 so not many. After a year they depreciate in japan knocking at least £10k off so we,ll see. The nismo does the job so no desperation or eagerness to get one.

The current car is still unfamiliar to public anyway and nismo looks better

Couldn't agree more. The Nismo still pips it. What will be interesting is to see what the new Z in Nismo form looks like. But that's probably looking around mid-2023

The yellow is on the new one would be a bit divisive. I think having it in black or a darker colour would kind of negate the retro effect they were trying to pull off at the cars rear. White might look good though 

• Like 1

Hopefully by February March we will get specs and price. Enjoying the Nismo for another year. Other cars I can consider later down the line. Ill probably put on another 6,000 miles by November when the new Z is out.

If There is a car in Japan for around £35000 and under it may be worth a look. Ill be saving up just incase one appears at a reasonable price 12 months after release. 

Since the Z may become a hybrid one day under a new platform. I think its the last opportunity to get a pure petrol Z

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Hopefully by February March we will get specs and price. Enjoying the Nismo for another year. Other cars I can consider later down the line. Ill probably put on another 6,000 miles by November when the new Z is out.

If There is a car in Japan for around £35000 and under it may be worth a look. Ill be saving up just incase one appears at a reasonable price 12 months after release. 

Since the Z may become a hybrid one day under a new platform. I think its the last opportunity to get a pure petrol Z

Good luck and keep us posted. 

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

No release date yet. 

I have to say I was wrong about the Urine Yellow colour watching that video? You know those multivitamin fizzing tablets you put in water and drink, well the fluorescent waste product afterwards! :lol:  That colour!   Just kidding I still like it - the car not the urine just to be clear? I am only taking the ...........

• Haha 2

If it were me (it isn't) I would be spending the money on a used R35 rather than sink cash into one of these. I personally don't like it. Looks too rounded at the back (too much like a Jag/Aston) and they are trying to use some of the old 240z lines on the rear quarter with the round badge as well which for me just doesn't work. Having owned a mark two Nismo myself I would say the current Nismo is better looking. Only my opinion though of course. For me its lost its identity from all the other cars out there which Is a shame. Currently IMHO there is no other car that compares in looks to the 350/370 but this car doesn't look stand out to me.

Edited by Payco
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Payco said:

If it were me (it isn't) I would be spending the money on a used R35 rather than sink cash into one of these. I personally don't like it. Looks too rounded at the back (too much like a Jag/Aston) and they are trying to use some of the old 240z lines on the rear quarter with the round badge as well which for me just doesn't work. Having owned a mark two Nismo myself I would say the current Nismo is better looking. Only my opinion though of course. For me its lost its identity from all the other cars out there which Is a shame. Currently IMHO there is no other car that compares in looks to the 350/370 but this car doesn't look stand out to me.

I know you are missing a cassette player and those proper oddball upright fridge door handles! Those subtle colour coded jobs are not very 350 like are they? :lol: 

It would have been hilarious if a lorry went into the back of it whilst they were filming in the underpass! I can imagine some flowery language from a bearded large lorry driver telling him not to stop in the middle of the road!  The only car of that type trashed for the sake of a 'trendy' photo shoot. :doh:

Anyway lets come back to it in 12 months time when they will probably have some update? I would expect a pre-treated antiseptic interior cloth , that kills 99% of all Covid strains upon contact. Now that's a good option isn't it for the 2020's!

3 hours ago, Payco said:

I agree with Payco about this zed, and that colour is disgusting 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Payco said:

The 350z and R35 GTR protypes didn't look much cop either, good to remember this isn't the production model. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

The 350z and R35 GTR protypes didn't look much cop either, good to remember this isn't the production model. 

I 100% agree, they never are. Lets hope its better in the flesh when I comes out.

• Like 1