New member - no 350z yet

Hi all,

I currently drive a BMW 3201i and I'm hoping to move over to a 350z when my insurance runs out at the end of July.

I'll have been driving for 4 years then so hopefully won't be completely rinsed on insurance (I'm 22)

Looking at quotes, cheapest is admiral at £1,200. Bit higher than my quote for the BMW at £400 but it seems worth it.

Anyway, if anyone's got any tips or is based near King's Lynn and doesn't mind showing off their car to me, let me know!

Cheers.

Welcome aboard. :welcome: 

Insurance wise make sure you try out lots of companies as well as look on comparison websites like GoCompare. Might just find one a little cheaper than you're expecting. 

Re; tips. Take a look at these threads/videos below.

Welcome! been driving 9 years and pay £1300 now for my 370z nismo with commuting and tints, exhaust...the idea was to wait till i had enough experience or no claims to afford the insurance. It would have cost me £2500 to insure when i first started driving even at 4 years around £2000....

Its cheaper in my mates area central reading.

Welcome to the club.

I got a Skyline R33 gtst when I was 22. 3rd party only insurance was £1900 so £1200 doesn't seem that unreasonable at 22 on a 350.

In terms of insurance tips:

- start with a standard car, mods will limit your options (My exhaust added £100 to my premium just because the cheapest insurance companies wouldn't insure it)

- Add a woman to the policy. Your mum might lower your premium by quite a bit. My wife is on my policy and it saves me 10%. So far she has never even driven it.

- Tell the insurance company you are part of a car club

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Zed when I was 22, paid £870 annually iirc. Went down to £750 at renewal and then paid £800 when I changed to an R32 GTR (pos), and now pay the same for my current Supra at 25. Big factor for me at 22 was that I had already owned an MR2 turbo for 2 years meaning I had suitable experience of a fast RWD car.

Just my £00.02

Welcome! It's a great forum, loads of useful info and knowledgeable people. I've just sold my 350HR to my 19 year old brother to make way for the 370BE. He's managed to get insurance for £1700, not bad really.

On 19/05/2018 at 21:23, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi and welcome.

When you're ready if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Had a phonecall with someone from Flux and the best they could quote is £2k plus...  Bit higher than I was hoping for!

On 29/05/2018 at 15:30, GranTurismoEra said:

wouldnt have dreamt of getting a 350 at 22.

It's a gorgeous car, I might still be young but I want something a bit faster than my 320i

I've got a motorbike too - Suzuki GS500 but speed/acceleration feels quite different on a bike compared to a car"

41 minutes ago, CJM said:

Phone Bell insurance, they're part of the admiral group. I paid £950 with 3 years ncb and all mods declared. I'm 22 also :)

Thanks, looks like admiral is the best option for me currently, got it down to £960 so I'll try that company too. Admiral seem pretty great with mods - adding "interior mods" and a spoiler only adds £1 to the policy!? 

Yeah it's strange. I didn't want to query it in case they changed their mind lol. Bell might give you a black box which will reduce it further but it's not like other companies as you'll only have it for three months then you send it back

12 hours ago, CJM said:

Yeah it's strange. I didn't want to query it in case they changed their mind lol. Bell might give you a black box which will reduce it further but it's not like other companies as you'll only have it for three months then you send it back

There's no way I could have a black box!!! 

I wasn't sure what "Interior changes" meant though - so I can put in an aftermarket wheel with no airbag & race seats in and that's all covered?