Summer Holidays - Where are you all going?

colesl4w

The glimpses of good weather the last few days has got me excited about summer! Does anyone have any trips away lined up? My gf is treating me to a long weekend in Dubrovnik, Croatia in June. I've been to Prague before and loved it, and apparently this place is quite similar.

going to Japan for 3 weeks in mid may... wife has been 10 years ago and constantly says we should go, I've finally caved...

its not that high on my list of places to go really... and I have no idea what to expect, but happy wife, happy life...

and then after that I wanna do a nine day roadtrip round france, Belgium and Germany with wife and the in laws.

Going to Wales again for a week in the end of August, did the south last year in the 350, hoping to do the north in the 370 :D

I really wanted to do a driving holiday like some of the epic mountain roads in Europe I've seen people do, but the GF is a uni student so has no income and right now I don't feel like footing the bill to all that :p

• Like 1

Going to Wales again for a week in the end of August, did the south last year in the 350, hoping to do the north in the 370 :D

I really wanted to do a driving holiday like some of the epic mountain roads in Europe I've seen people do, but the GF is a uni student so has no income and right now I don't feel like footing the bill to all that :p

I fancy doing the same. Dont want to take the kids as it means not taking the zed.

Nurburgring in June for my birthday, 9 days there in an apartment with my gf, many laps will be done in the 350 this time :thumbs:

I went last year on a little road trip in my s2000. 2 nights in bruge, 3 nights in amsterdam, 3 nights at nurburgring and 2nights just south of Calais on the beach, Top down cruising through the german mountains in 25 deg c sunshine then thrashing round the ring with rarris, lambos, and every other sports car you could think of... what could be better lol

going to Japan for 3 weeks in mid may... wife has been 10 years ago and constantly says we should go, I've finally caved...

its not that high on my list of places to go really... and I have no idea what to expect, but happy wife, happy life...

You'll absolutely love Japan. We went there about 7 years ago for my brother's wedding. He taught English over there and then met his wife. Unlike most of Europe, or even the states, it's the sort of place that no matter where you look, you always know you're on the other side of the world. The food was fantastic, and everything was so photogenic. We really REALLY benefited from having a Japanese speaker with us though. I'm not sure how well we would have coped without. Though it perhaps depends where abouts in Japan you go. We were on the outskirts of Osaka.

My dad lived in Japan for a year before going back to HK. HK everyone speaks english. Japan not so much...or at all. But it's their country so sucks to be us lol. Never got to visit him there but always wanted to.

Pfffff not sure why i bothered opening this thread, knew it would make me sad.

Being self employed I struggle to take time off ( i know I should ). Might go to Holland again for a long weekend to catch up with some friends and the normal trips to meets that is good as it will get for me this year :(

• Like 1