Top Gear (s24)

Strudul

Really enjoyed this evenings show as it's still car focused.

As much as I wanted GT to be a big budget better version it's unfortunately morphed into a family orientated entertainment programme which I found hard to watch to the end of each episode.

Could be Wales?....

That did cross my mind. Didn't recognise the place myself though.

Really enjoying the new Top Gear, ...this is how it should have been all along. No idea why they thought Chris Evans would be a good idea but so glad he's gone now. ;)

I think if you toned down Chris a bit who could have worked, but he was too over excited all the time and seemed to talk to the others like they were inferiors on the show rather than peers.

Worth having him in S1 to see him vomit though...

Ive been pedlling a theory that it was a poison chalice, whoever took it over was going to get crucified. Evans was the sacrificial lamb so MLB, Rory and to a greater extent Harris didnt get shot down before they even started, Harris is the key to TG's future IMO and they know it.

Im not usually a fan of topgear, but saw it last night and quite enjoyed it. Was made all the better by the fact they had a 911 turbo on there. :thumbs:

I did feel that the presenters could flow a little better, it seemed a bit too scripted when they were talking to each other. I felt that it needs a bit more of a relaxed mates in a pub chatting kind of flow to it. But, once each presenter was on their own talking to the camera they were fine. The GT86 was a great idea and I remember seeing the sliding the car through the cut out whilst I was at BMW buying my 1 series back in 2011, they had a video of someone sliding an 1M through a cutout on an airfield playing on their screens. Looked very impressive.

I might actually set it to record now and see what the next episode is like.

I think they will gel once they get the three of them on a few trips taking three XYZ types of cars and getting some banter going over the radios. Then it becomes harder to notice the scripting from the banter - old TG was also also highly scripted, we just didnt see it so easily. I still feel unfortunately MLB holds it back a bit he is an actor and doesn't seem capable of the banter.

I reckon Ep2 was as close to old TG as we've come so far, and you know what? It was good! I'm starting to think it's actually CH&M that I was fed up of, not TG itself. Still really enjoying Harris in the limelight, having followed his career for years I'm so glad it's paying off.

Anyone else notice we have very little Stig in the show now? And how it's better for it?

I reckon Ep2 was as close to old TG as we've come so far, and you know what? It was good! I'm starting to think it's actually CH&M that I was fed up of, not TG itself. Still really enjoying Harris in the limelight, having followed his career for years I'm so glad it's paying off.

Anyone else notice we have very little Stig in the show now? And how it's better for it?

Harris is like MPSS to you isnt he

• Like 1

Really enjoying the new series, having the GT86 in was a great move imo, makes the dull but necessary celebrity inclusions much easier to watch.

Wish they'd turn the sodding traction control off for the celebs that can actually pedal!

• Like 1

Should be off for sure but maybe they forgot when the did the first few times for the board and now they have to leave it on for fairness.

Also, so glad Chris Evans has gone, his shouting was so off putting. Finally the program is watchable, really pleased Chris Harris is front and centre now!

Only criticism would be that I'm not sure the three of them have gelled yet, still feels a little awkward at times. Once they relax a bit more I think it will be spot on.

Edited by longsh07

Episode 3 Tamsin Greg goes around with TC on but to be fair i think she would probably have killed herself without it ! BUT the the queen of the ring does an amazing lap on her home turf in the new Golf GTI clubsport.