Noob from Preston, with issues!

Fen

Hi guys, just thought i'd drop by and introduce myself. Im Rob and i bought my 05 350Z Roadster about 3 months ago, not the first RWD Jap car, had a few 300zx's and 200 sx's as well as others.

really pleased with the car, its in great condition for its age, and it handles alright for a wobbly one.

just one issue which i need to pin down and if somebody can point me towards the right area for clarification, that would be ace.

im 80% sure its the valve seals but need to get some feed back on some things. if anybody could help, i should be eternally grateful.... well maybe not eternally, but grateful none the less. :thumbs:

post-29048-0-64467900-1476821513_thumb.jpg

Welcome

:welcome:

I may be missing something but you haven't actually stated what the problem is/symptoms are?

If you were going to put that in a separate post, start here: http://www.350z-uk.c...350z-technical/

If your searching on the site, don't use the sites inbuilt search engine as its pap. Just use google, i.e. valve seals site:350z-uk.com.

https://www.google.c...ite:350z-uk.com

Edited by Randy_Baton

Hi folks, thanks for the welcome.

randy, you're not missing anything, I just didn't want to go into it all in my little intro message.

But I may raise it as a topic in technical.

I see there have been some other posts about valve seals, but there are a few more things I may enquire about alongside.

Anyways thanks for the tip. You seem like a friendly and helpful bunch you Z'ers!

If its oil leaking into the spark plug chambers its a common 350z issue pal. Despite what many people say you can actually buy just the seals separately and a competent garage can do them

It is easier to just buy new covers though, but definitely not the cheapest option

Thanks olly, Im pretty sure it's not the plug hole seals as it's dry down there and I doubt that 3l per 1300 miles would work through that way. I'll raise the issue with full explanation in technical tomorrow.

Rob, good name by the way! From another Rob!!! Yeah, would be handy to get to know a few north west Z'ers

• 2 weeks later...