looking to become a new owner

so im looking to buy a 350z, done a fair amount of research so far.

i know to look out for the clutch/flywheel issues

and clicking at the driveshafts

is there anything else people have had personally? thats caused them big issues.

thanks

:welcome:

For what it's worth, I'm approaching 145,000 miles and had no major issues mate.

thats a bonus, and helps widen the search, seen some for sale at 110-130k and that put me off a little.

bought mine with full history in june with 129000 .

currently on 132000 with no mechanical issues and engine sounds sweet.

as others told me .....buy on cars service history not the milage :)

:welcome:

For what it's worth, I'm approaching 145,000 miles and had no major issues mate.

thats a bonus, and helps widen the search, seen some for sale at 110-130k and that put me off a little.

That's not to say I haven't had to spend any money caring for it though! There are a few threads on high mileage, but I'd say watch out for worn bushes (front banana arm and differential in particular), which can of course be replaced but it's not an easy job on your own. Check for any advisories on the MOT sheets, etc... Ask what fuel it has been run on (should be premium fuel for correct combustion). But overall, other than general advice, I don't think there are many issues specific to the 350Z to be concerned about.

someone will direct you to a buying guide, in the meantime, :welcome:

i did have a look at the buyers guide, im just more curious on issues that might not be classed as major but still common

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Not sure how much of this is in the "buyers guide" but a few things below which spring to mind...

• Rust on rear arches.
  • Standard exhaust rusting through ~ mainly on the rear flange area near the backbox.
  • Boot lid needing two presses of the button to open (easily fixed usually ~ search for "the penny trick").
  • Fuel flap release button or ESP (traction control button) being pressed into dash (easy fix ~ unscrew panel, push button back).

P5050225.jpg

:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum, just check out the buyers guide. As GMBallistic mentions the rear arches are prone to collecting road grit and when wet it takes an age to dry out which helps rust forming. The best way to find out if your potential new car has been looked after just run your fingers on the inside of the lip. If there is a buildup of muck chances are if there isn't rust already, it won't be long before it starts to break through. :)