Alfa Romeo 4C: Future Purchase/Your Thoughts...

hmale4yu

Toyed around with the idea of a 370z Nismo Mk2 but cant really live with the manual transmission after over 5 yrs driving auto boxes (standard, DSG, tiptronic)

Looking possibly in a year or so for a weekend car so trying to envisage what would be on the list come late 2017/18. In case your about to ask why not buy now, Im happy with my daily drivers and plus the yrs in ones 30s seem to fly by.

Do you think purchasing an Alfa 4C is as crazy as it sounds or do you reckon its better to go for a Boxter 3.4 /Boxter GTS. At the mo 4Cs are late £40s and I expect to come down only slightly in comparison to the Boxters £50-60k currently but by then would have dropped to the same level as the 4Cs (correct me if you think im wrong on this one)

If you like tiny cars with crappy suspension, duff steering, wheezy turbo four pot engines, clunky gear changes, and of course those front lights, then by all means get a 4C.

If not, I'd suggest getting a decent car instead. The 981.1 Boxster with the flat six is one of the greatest cars you'll ever drive, and we may never see its kind again. Hell, if it's a tiny weekend car you want for that budget then get an Elise with the IPS gearbox, or if you can find one an Exige.

• Like 1

4.5sec 0-60

45mpg combined

900kgs

Divisive looks but stunning even if you don't like it......you won't see much that looks like it.

Alfa

Not sure what more you need.

Not quite supercar performance with not quite supermini economy with absolutely supercar looks.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you like tiny cars with crappy suspension, duff steering, wheezy turbo four pot engines, clunky gear changes, and of course those front lights, then by all means get a 4C.

If not, I'd suggest getting a decent car instead. The 981.1 Boxster with the flat six is one of the greatest cars you'll ever drive, and we may never see its kind again. Hell, if it's a tiny weekend car you want for that budget then get an Elise with the IPS gearbox, or if you can find one an Exige.

Absolutely spot on!

It's a really tough comparable with all of these other cars though.

Ferrari.....Will be older and way higher running costs

Mazzer.....Will be older and way higher running costs

Porker......Will never get a second glance but will be amazing to drive

Gtr.....Will pull lots of 14 year old boys but no women

Lotus......Well......Well you can't really argue about a lotus.

Tesla......whole ghey engine argument fails on this onr

If you can get over the fact that it's practically a vagina powered engine I think it'd be an amazing car to run day to day as an average human being rather than a wealthy one.

• Like 1

I very much doubt a low production car like this will have low running costs. They'll have you over a barrel for parts and servicing.

Comparably I guess

We've got a Brera in today....... £135 plus vat for a spring!

Lotus all the way. For similar money to the deeply flawed 4C you could have a late model Evora S or an Exige V6 S, both better cars with just as much ability to turn heads.

This is probably true.

Fiat group parts and servicing costs for their Alfa and Abarth labels is ridiculous btw.

When I was researching to bebunk dans statement yesterday I found a quote of nearly a grand to service a 4c!

• Like 2

I am disappoint that you have no faith in me :( :( :(

The annoying thing is I have absolute faith in you.....its just a joyless exercise trying to have a debate because you somehow always have your facts in order!!!!

I saying that that it was a fairly moronic statement to start with to assume a near supercar would be cheap to service so I've only myself to blame :lol:

• Like 1

Not heard anyone who has driven one with a good thing to say about 4C, though it might be an appreciating classic I suppose.

As Ekona has said, 981 Cayman is one of the finest roadcars ever though and would be exactly where Id be looking. By all means try the Lotii out, but for me there is only one choice at that money. B)

Or an M2 in a years time. :o

Yes the 4C is not the car it should have been, in terms of driving at the limit.

No different to the Alfa 8C.

But lets be honest not everyone is able to drive at the limit and exploit a car as some of you budding F1 drivers are. :stir:

For me a car is:

50% how it makes you feel (image, sound, looks etc)

25% how well it drives

15% maintenance costs

10% practicality

For me the Alfa ticks these boxes well. I personally think it is a great looking car (although LED headlights on launch models didn't look great).

The Spider 4C is even better looking, although a little more expensive.

If I was in the market with the right budget, 4C is were I would go. Sure the new Boxster is one great looking car and more than likely a better drive. However the Alfa will make you feel amazing, all of the time. :teeth:

I appreciate there are better driving cars, but really I could not care less.

Both the Alfa 4C and 8C are on my list of must haves.

Edited by monkeybrain1234