Ouch! How pi**ed would you be?

I think he did well to get £12k for it. Never worth £26k, and no chance he paid £46k for it with 110k miles on the clock: More like it had done that when it was written off.

Still, I'd be seething if that happened to me.

I think he did well to get £12k for it. Never worth £26k, and no chance he paid £46k for it with 110k miles on the clock: More like it had done that when it was written off.

Still, I'd be seething if that happened to me.

Definitely plus one & I'd be extremely pi***d off no matter what the car was if it was mine. :dry:;)

I had a Boxster S as a courtesy car once, ...true story bro. :D:lol:

Post #89: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91628-gmballistics-zed-supercharged-2003-gun-metal-gt-coupe-vids-added/page__st__80

Early on in my motoring history I had an "E" reg Nissan Sunny 1.3L

Gear box was shot.

Went into an independent garage for a 2nd hand unit to be fitted.

Garage phoned to say work was done, come and collect as the mechanic was just taking it for a test drive.

When I arrived back end was caved in as a bus had run into the back of it on the test run.

Garage said it was a write off as the car was only worth £800 at the time.

But they could see it was detailed to death and my pride and joy so put a replacement back hatch and bumper on doing their best to get it back to original.

Not sure if £12k was a reasonable pay out but in this case the garage should definitely be trying to go the extra mile to see him back with a Boxter of similar condition and worth even if the insurance company doesn't.

Should they though? I mean, he's never ever going to use them again, all anyone is going to read from the article is that they let 18 year olds hoon around in customer cars and wreck them so no-one else is going to use them either, almost seems like no point trying to go the extra mile.

I mean, I agree with you and I'd do everything I could to make it right, but ultimately it might be throwing good money after bad.

I honestly wouldn't be overly bothered, certainly not enough to plaster my face all over a National newspaper, but I'm fairly pragmatic about most problems.

Selling a Porsche with over 110k on the clock would be really hard...nigh on impossible for £26k lol

Now he can buy one with 50k miles for 12k.

but a few things don't add up there. £46,000 when he bought it with 110,000 miles??? and why accept 12k when he says its worth 26??

Not sure, man accepts market value for high mileage Porsche would really be worthy of any column time :teeth: