Best way to pay for a 370z privately?

Richesio

Make sure the V5 is present during transection (bank transfer or cash) and you have the V5 slip filled in for you to take away.

I paid for my zed using Bank Transfer (with my laptop at his house using his WIFI), make sure i have the V5 slip too before I drive off.

Always used cash when dealing privately and yet to have a problem either receiving or giving the cash. The reason I haven't done a bank transfer privately as yet is because sometimes the transfer can take a while and I don't want to hang about someones house for a number of hours until it's sorted, if it gets sorted that day.

With cash I go with the seller to his bank and he can lodge and have the cash checked there and then, safe for everyone and immediate.

Bank transfers are pretty much instant, I always do this, carrying huge wads of cash around are not my idea of fun.

Bought my VX220, went to guys house, we sat in his living room after going over the car and paperwork and then hooked up to his wifi logged into my account, transferred the money, he logged into his bank and it was already there less than 30 seconds later. Did the same with the Skyline and the Celica. Each time the money went through instantly.

When someone bought the Skyline we walked down to the highstreet, went to his bank, put his card in at the cashier, we both checked the amount, put my card in, receipt for each of us 2 mins later we are both our paperwork swapped and money sorted.

Edited by coldel

Bank transfer. But check if there's an upper limit on the amount you can transfer, as my bank (HSBC) only lets you online transfer £10k per day, per account.

Yep, when spending serious amounts of money bank transfer is so much easier and safer. My bank had a £10k limit but luckily my 370 money was spread over a few accounts - just did 2 or 3 transfers to the sellers account. All done on his laptop in front of him to show no funny business :D

Logging into someone else's private wifi then entering your bank credentials carries a little risk, even on your own device. If however you have one of the little devices which creates a unique number every time you login, you should be fine. My Barclays account has the widget but none of my credit cards do.

I pretty much always use cash when I buy a car/motorbike, but when you start getting into serious money its not convenient so bank transfer is better. However, as others have said check your daily limit. When I bought my 997 turbo it transpired my daily limit was 25grand, so I just arranged with the dealer that id spread the payments over 3 days to make sure it was fully payed ahead of pick up.

When threads like this come up I always remember sitting on the train from Kings Cross one day, and opposite me there was a bloke on his mobile phone, holding onto a rucksack, chatting loudly to his mate like he was the only one in the whole carriage.

"Im on the train"

"Going to buy an Audi A4"

"Yeah got a good deal"

"8 grand in cash"

Pretty much everyone in the whole carriage looked at each other as they now all knew that the guy probably had 8 grand in cash in his rucksack.

As others have said above.

HPI car.

Check the car is registered to him at his address.

Check Vin numbers.

Check service history and Mot where applicable.

Ask to see Driving licence, utility bill.

Bank transfer.

Signed receipt.

Insure and tax the car.