Still can't get used to driving at night

Banz

id make sure your windscreen is spotlessly clean both inside and out to reduce glare, also you can get that anti glare coating on glasses, maybe that would help.

alternatively, sunglasses, but you'd look a bit of a douche driving at night with sunglasses on.

id make sure your windscreen is spotlessly clean both inside and out to reduce glare, also you can get that anti glare coating on glasses, maybe that would help.

alternatively, sunglasses, but you'd look a bit of a douche driving at night with sunglasses on.

Good point. I'll give it a good clean and hope that helps.

Could also get the polarised specs I guess. It might help a bit. I've got astigmatism so when the light hit my eyes, I struggle to see. But never really had any issues with it as I've always driven a higher car.

Firstly if you find the glare at night and as you wear glasses the anti-glare will help, speaking from experience.

But having prescription sunglasses at night they might cut the dazzle some, but at the expense of general vision, again in my experience.

Best bet is always avoid focusing on the oncoming lights - otherwise you might end up like so many road kill (of the animal kind) :scare:

• Like 1

Wait until you drive something properly low, like an Elise or Caterham :lol:

This

You don't know what low is until you sat in a VX220, at least in the zed when people look in their rear view mirror when sat in traffic they can see you.

This bugged me for ages, and when a Range Rover or similar forgot to dim their lights it feels like your retinas are getting scorched.

Yellow lense polaroids help massively, takes away all the glare. I found the fishing ones are the best quality for price.

Sent from my potato using duct tape

• Like 1

your not alone, there was some research done a few years back that came to the alarming conclusion that most new cars left the factory with misaligned headlights, then there's the fog light on all the time brigade or as seems prevalent down south let's install a switch to disable my brake lights except for the high, oh and the high beam terrorist's.

Good point. I'll give it a good clean and hope that helps.

Could also get the polarised specs I guess. It might help a bit. I've got astigmatism so when the light hit my eyes, I struggle to see. But never really had any issues with it as I've always driven a higher car.

Speak to your optometrist and explain, I had this due to astigmatism and they corrected it with my prescription and anti glare as others have said. Funnily enough it was much worse in the zed than I've had with other cars and seemed even more so at dusk than complete darkness.