Bought a 350Z from a forum member.

This is the car that I bought. http://www.350z-uk.c...th-choice-mods/

It was nerve wrecking as I rarely drive a manual car. Probably no more than 20 times in the last 10 years. Worse thing was that the car was in Milton Keynes. The most roundabouts in the bloody country.

After I got the car, I went to the petrol station. I was puzzled as I've never used anything apart from unleaded and diesel. I triple checked to make sure I was putting in the right type of fuel. What happened next was embarrassing, I had to let a car get out and I needed to reverse. I couldn't get it to reverse as I didn't know how. All the manual cars I've drove in the past had a knob that you pull up to put in reverse. The guy was looking at me thinking I must be an arrogant bastard not letting him out. I kept putting it into 6th gear and moving forward..... After the incident, I quickly phone the seller and asked him how to put it into reverse.

On my way home, I kept over revving every roundabout and have **** poor clutch control. Every time I rev it too high, I release the pedal and the clutch at the same time which results in a very unsmooth ride. I feel so sorry for the gear box. Although I haven't stall the car but I was so stressed and every roundabout became my worst nightmare.

After I got home, had a rest and ate some food. Calmed my nerves a bit and I decided to take it out on the roads that I know. My God, I was in tears. It was amazing. Slowly started getting used to the clutch and gear but still a lot to learn. I was smiling all the way and decided it was the best decision I've made. I wasn't really too keen on buying it at first but now I know I've made the right decision. I've driven some nice automatic sports car in the past like Mercedes SLK and Lexus IS. But this is just on a completely different level. It's like learning how to drive again.

I've asked my poor friends to come with me on the next few days and teach me how to drive a manual car again.

Edited by Banz
  • Like 9

Sounds like you had fun! I had a similar petrol station incident when I bought mine as I couldn't find the petrol flap opener lmao!!

Yep I had an embarrassing one when I bought my S3 just recently too Brad:

No owners handbook with the car & I was trying to find the fuel flap release as I had tried pulling it but it was locked. Ended up phoning the garage I had bought it from who were just round the corner so a guy came running over to show me. He just pushed on the fuel flap and it popped opened. :dry::lol:

What a flippin' plonker I looked. :blush:

Welcome aboard Banz. :welcome:

• Like 1

Glad I am not the only one with an embarrassing petrol station incident on buying a new car. I had to go to the petrol station as soon as I bought the car, thought I was good pulling straight up to the correct octane rating pump. Pushed the petrol cap release button in too hard and the whole button pushed into the dash. While trying to refit it i stood on my glasses and had to drive 130 miles home with my glasses balancing on one ear.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

I drove my new Z home in the dark without lights on. Well, mostly.

I kept wondering why people were flashing me. Lights were on.

No. Dashboard lights were on.

Edited by TT350

Great car you have there Luis. Lol

I am heart broken still yes, but glad that it is going to be used, and not be a driveway ornament. It takes some getting used to, its not exactly a Fiesta to drive, but smiles per mile is amazing, and when it all flows it feels so good, and you have that noise to go with it.

• Like 1

Welcome along and congratulations.

Ahhh......the little quirky things on a new car can throw the best AND WORST of people.

I remember reading about a lady who's zed got carjacked.

The perps got her keys but panicked and fled after not being able to get it started.

Didn't realise. ....CLUTCH IN and turn key :lol:

Lucky lady eh!