My new Remote controlled Tank.....weighing nearly 8 stone or 50kg !

JEMAN

Hi all,

Just thought i would post these pics of my new RC Abrams tank that im itchin to run tomorrow ! weighs just over 50KG ! Pictured next to my 1/16 RC Tiger tank that weighs 7.5 KG Motors used are from a Mobility scooter x2 and steal gearboxes producing plenty of torque :) bulldoze through a fence or two ha ha

20160515_193837_zps0ifcmdqf.jpg

20160515_194037_zpslih59xk0.jpg

cheers guys

Mark

• Like 5

That is flippin' awesome!! :lol:B)

Love R/c vehicles and always wanted a decent tank but they're not cheap so generally opt for spending my money on vehicles I can ride in. :teeth:

Have you seen the ones that can actually fire shells Mark? Think the one I first saw probably a decade ago was hand made in Germany.

Something like below but I'm sure the one I first saw was a 1/5th scale.

• Like 1

GUYS ! I'm luvin it and GMballistic this one will be having the Pyro shells added in the not to distant future......loud BANGS, FLASH AND SMOKE :) Trouble is, it cant stay in the front room for long so will need to build a parking space/garage for it in the Garden soon lol. so strong and once its on the move you just cant hold it back...........nearly as fun as the Z :)

• Like 1

GUYS ! I'm luvin it and GMballistic this one will be having the Pyro shells added in the not to distant future......loud BANGS, FLASH AND SMOKE :) Trouble is, it cant stay in the front room for long so will need to build a parking space/garage for it in the Garden soon lol. so strong and once its on the move you just cant hold it back...........nearly as fun as the Z :)

Awesome. :D:kicking:

Would love to see how that's done btw so if you can take pics that would be good. :thumbs:

• Like 1

LOL It was made to order. This one was originally owned by the M.O.D along with one other. They attached a frame onto the turret to mount a camera on and used them for some form of training ! The guy who had it has restored it back to how you see it now. Ive got to add some stowage detail and sound system to replicate the gas turbine engines and that sounds amazing.....once complete videos will be added :)

• Like 1

Puts my two petrol rc cars to shame.I have a petrol copter too but this tank looks very impressive.As others have asked we need a video of it in action.Maybe get it to push a smart car off the road.

• Like 1

No worries.....I paid £800 for it and that was a good price considering they start at £2200 or with some of the extras £2800 ! HAPPY DAYS But there is one on ebay identical Type in 1/8 rc tank...........come on guys join me :)

• Like 1

Can I be cheeky and ask how much u paid? Pm if you would prefer ;)

You'll be looking at a four figure number all day long for something like that from what I know. If it was less than that it was a bargain. ;)

Edited by JEMAN