Yea so... This just happened.

KyleR

C585D1FB-6FD8-449C-8674-2D8D0364C073.jpg

CC8658AA-A85C-4E9C-AA4C-C6746A88FD48.jpg

11ECA814-52E0-4D85-809F-AC14F47048AA.jpg

:teeth: I popped across the sea at the weekend to have a good look at a certain Zed and there was no way I wasn't taking it home!

The drive back from central Scotland to Cairnryan was quite the adventure and the road from just after Ayr is an amazing drive, akin to the famous North Coast run here in Northern Ireland. I was initially a bit apprehensive about getting it on the ferry as I'd heard horror stories about sports cars getting beached on the ramps etc and causing damage, but it was smooth as silk both on and off even with the car being so low.

It needs a few bits a pieces, front end respray and front brake pads for example, but for the most part its a stunning example and all modifications carried out to the highest of standards using top end parts. Needless to say, I am very pleased with my purchase and had a good day out with Neil who showed us about the area and his family who were very hospitable despite all hanging like bats after a party the night before :lol:

Took it for a spin up the aforementioned North Coast road today while the sun was out and thoroughly enjoyed it, even managed to remember to get a couple of snaps :D

745E2BD9-FCC6-43FD-B87E-9D8885148190.jpg

D7AFFB25-3D67-4677-8B01-3908712576C3.jpg

• Like 9

Thank god it hadn't gone to a numpty!

Now go put the stickers back on, so it can go back to being my favourite Zed again :thumbs:

He's emailing me the drawings etc :lol:

• Like 2

Cracking buy for sure mate, bet Neil didn't want to hand over the keys!

Nope, it's the end of an era for Neil as it really is his baby. Oh well, his loss is my gain :lol:

Very cool. B)

So has the M6 gone or is it staying with the Zed as a weekend toy? :teeth:;)

M6 went the other way a few months ago to a dealer not far from Neil in fact. Enjoying the Zed much more than the M6 already and only had it 4 days, despite the drop in power and refinement.

Very cool. B)

So has the M6 gone or is it staying with the Zed as a weekend toy? :teeth:;)

M6 went the other way a few months ago to a dealer not far from Neil in fact. Enjoying the Zed much more than the M6 already and only had it 4 days, despite the drop in power and refinement.

Well that's good news then. :)

Can be difficult making the right decision on what car to buy next sometimes imo but I think most people know for certain once they get behind the wheel. Enjoy the Zed. ;)

• Like 1

Great buy mate! Car looks awesome and love them seats!

The seats are great, more comfortable than the leathers, grippier and have lumbar support, might sell them, though :lol: But only if I can find a set of the EP3 Civic Recaros which have red centres.

Great buy mate! Car looks awesome and love them seats!

The seats are great, more comfortable than the leathers, grippier and have lumbar support, might sell them, though :lol: But only if I can find a set of the EP3 Civic Recaros which have red centres.

Oh let me know when you decide to sell them, I might be intrested ;)

• Like 1

Yup. My old nos tank from when I had the green beast :-)

4ekcruise26feb-1.jpg

I wasn't aware this is where the green came from, it contrasts so well with the rest of the car that I thought Neil painted it himself lol

• Like 1

OMG you bought that Zed!!!!!!!

That is 2 (more like 3) Zeds welded together in a cut n shut job!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I know that car and I know Neil he looked after that Zed well, low mileage as well (bit of a garage queen ;) )

Nice purchase Kyle :thumbs:

P.S it took him ages to get those seats sorted to fit and you may change them that made me :lol:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

OMG you bought that Zed!!!!!!!

That is 2 (more like 3) Zeds welded together in a cut n shut job!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I know that car and I know Neil he looked after that Zed well, low mileage as well (bit of a garage queen ;) )

Nice purchase Kyle :thumbs:

P.S it took him ages to get those seats sorted to fit and you may change them that made me :lol:

Haha I know, but only if I can find the same seats in red. I'll have to have a nosey to see how they are mounted, to check if the rails can be fitted to another set.