Just Painted Mine,,,,,

Barks

Judging by the reaction they've had, I'm not sure it would be the end of the world to remove them. Sorry, I really wasn't trying to agravate you, you posted pictures of your work inviting opinions. I gave mine. As many have suggested, ditch the tacky stickers, choose one of the two colours and no doubt you'll have a nice looking car.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wasn't really working for me, then the stickers just made it far worse. Either colour by itself would be cracking.

Awful to see the Kia in the background covered up yet the Aston left to get covered in cr@p

The Kia is a customer's car, the aston is mine which I'm about to fully restore. Which is why it doesn't matter that it isn't covered as it's getting stripped to the shell.

Any more unrelated comments and I'll pull the pics.

Any more tantrums like that and I'll pull the pics. Behave please.,
  • Like 2

I'm just very aware that personal taste varies from person to person, and I don't like it when there seems to be a club standard for modding and anybody who falls outside that are shunned like a plague victim.

ok so you don't like it fair enough, but pick your language carefully

and I love the bmw 6 series ;-)

• Like 2

I can kind of see where you're going with this, but I think it would be a bit better if the colours somehow blended from one to the other. The anime sticker looks like it's just been stuck on and does look a bit out of place, again I think it needs to be blended in somehow. The Joker theme would go pretty well, as would a Hulk theme given the choice of colours mate. Either way I can see a lot of workmanship has gone into this so keep it up on those counts :thumbs:

If you're set on those colours, i'd get some better decals to improve it. I was looking forward to seeing the anime decal but this one's not very inspiring. I dont know who the character is but from the pics it looks like a low res CGI character. it would be much better with a traditional drawn image. It needs to be much larger too.

tumblr_mqnhzzUDFv1qjl0epo1_500.jpg

vocaloidTypeC.jpg

dsc2137.jpg

• Like 6

I can't see any of the pics :shrug:

Fixed it, pics were hosted somewhere with "game" in the name so work blocked it...

2nU4iHz.jpg

It's unique, I'll give you that. But it's...

You know when someone gets a tattoo and you think "boy that is not great", but you know they love it and don't have the heart to tell them. Then someone comes along and say "MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE" and they say "but he liked it" whilst pointing at you. You then say "well I mean, I didn't say I liked it, but I don't dislike it, so as long as you like it...". They cry, you feel bad, they feel bad, you cry. A friendship ends at that point because you couldn't be honest with them and say "hey bud, I know you like it but it's not something most people are going to think looks good, you know that right?". Gentle honesty is a good thing.

The colours look really bold, I get that the contrast is intentional but it is really harsh. I think the reason most people don't like it is that your colours don't compliment well.

The black line shows what compliments, the red shows where yours sit.

yWDUDQh.png

• Like 2

Nothing personal to the op but more relevant to the discussion of characters, there was an absolutely classic thread on driftworks where a guy had had some assassins creed character airbrushed on his car (an alleged show winner), it honestly looked like a 6ft penguin down the side of the car. I was in uncontrollable laughter when some dude asked if he thought crash bandicoot was a good idea for a character :)

Yes maybe the character could do with being a bit more anime in my eyes, but you obviously chose it so it's what you want? That's the aim of the game I guess. If you like it then keep it, some people don't like my car, but f*** em!

You can see I have anime on mine, but chose simply black outlines to go with the black and red theme on the rest of the car.

IMG_1373_zpsm0ppyhhr.jpg

• Like 1

Nothing personal to the op but more relevant to the discussion of characters, there was an absolutely classic thread on driftworks where a guy had had some assassins creed character airbrushed on his car (an alleged show winner), it honestly looked like a 6ft penguin down the side of the car. I was in uncontrollable laughter when some dude asked if he thought crash bandicoot was a good idea for a character :)

Linky please! :D

• Like 1

Linky please! :D

Your wish is my command:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/misc-sale/196456-evo-8-show-car.html

• Like 2