The best car you've owned

Jimmyflo

BMW 528i Sport... manual... E39.... I put E39 M5 wheels on it, and facelift headlights with upgraded angel eyes. Fantastic engine, great gearbox, and handling and poise that made it seem half it's weight (350z take note ;) )

Honestly, if you threw it round a roundabout it seemed to shrink around you... perfectly balanced so sideways action was ridiculously controllable... a truly great car!

Personally my best car Ive owned and wish I hadn't sold was the JDM Honda Integra DC2. Spent 5 years building it to a good standard and beyond. Totally killed me selling it even more so they've shot up in price again and it had relatively low mileage but after 5 year Ive truly missed the bugger and its driveability also the high revving old school b18 just put a smile on your face everytime sat behind the wheel.

Chances are Ill be purchasing another once Im done with the 350.

Never drove the DC2 always fancied one, saw one in the flesh the other day and there's just something about it, so cool. Always worried it would feel a little slow but I know that's not what it's all about.

Aye bud truly miss the thing. As for slow bud far from it. It was quicker than the ctr's and dc5's. Mind you I had spent some decent money on the engine. Its all down to the power/weight ratio and could handle most modern cars. I know rolling roads are far from accurate but it was a 1997 model and the b18 had 198bhp at the fly. Most memorable was a trip to hartside café mate felt at home tackling the twisties.

BMW 528i Sport... manual... E39....

Better than a 350Z? SRSLY? :scare:

Would probably call it a draw... yes the Z has the benefit of an extra 80 ponies, but the way a proper BMW straight 6 does its business goes some way to make up for the power deficiency.

And round corners the BMW was better (although mine did have M5 wheels which are a lot wider, so a bit more grip than standard)

And round corners the BMW was better (although mine did have M5 wheels which are a lot wider, so a bit more grip than standard)

You need to get something checked on your Zed my friend, no way an E39 bimmer should handle better, even an M5 ..........

You need to get something checked on your Zed my friend, no way an E39 bimmer should handle better, even an M5 ..........

Ha, possibly... and I'm still at early stages with the Z, still haven't even done 1000 miles yet, whereas i knew every aspect of the beemer.

Regardless both have similar weight, ride height and weight distribution... and BMW E39 widely regarded as the best saloon chassis ever, so wouldn't bet on there being much in it.

Ha, possibly... and I'm still at early stages with the Z, still haven't even done 1000 miles yet, whereas i knew every aspect of the beemer.

Regardless both have similar weight, ride height and weight distribution... and BMW E39 widely regarded as the best saloon chassis ever, so wouldn't bet on there being much in it.

OK, if you say so. E39's are good for what they are but they arent 2 seat purpose built coupes at the end of the day.

And best saloon chassis ever? It doesnt even have an LSD, and IMO not as good as an E90 M3 or even the E82 that I rock about in these days. Each to their own but if an E39 handles as well as a 350Z Ill take the rear seats and change thanks ;)

BTW, according to Dallara the best roadcar chassis ever is found on the Rolls Royce Phantom, its 7 times as stiff as a Ferrari Enzo apparently.

OK, if you say so. E39's are good for what they are but they arent 2 seat purpose built coupes at the end of the day.

And best saloon chassis ever? It doesnt even have an LSD, and IMO not as good as an E90 M3 or even the E82 that I rock about in these days. Each to their own but if an E39 handles as well as a 350Z Ill take the rear seats and change thanks ;)

BTW, according to Dallara the best roadcar chassis ever is found on the Rolls Royce Phantom, its 7 times as stiff as a Ferrari Enzo apparently.

Yes, apologies Mr Pedantic ;) I missed a "one of"... And...BMW E39 widely regarded as one of the best saloon chassis ever, :lol:

And... "but they arent 2 seat purpose built coupes"... there's an argument to say the Z isn't either :stir:

Any hoo, it's all gravy... I'm not for one second suggesting the Z is a bad car, far from it... I should probably report back once I've got more Z-time under my belt...

Having never had a sports car at all in all my driving days I am hoping my zed convertible is going to be the best car I have ever owned 😎 but on a bike note it would have to be my CBR1100 XX SUPER-BLACKBIRD it was awesome. ðŸ˜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mate, Im not trying to be pedantic, Im concerned there is something wrong with your car if its handling like a 5 Series BMW.

And... "but they arent 2 seat purpose built coupes"... there's an argument to say the Z isn't either :stir:

Which is? :shrug:

Which is? :shrug:

Probably that the chassis isn't a purpose built one for the Z, it's a standard format used for many Nissans.

Either my Azure Nismo Zed or my Range Rover Sport.

Opposite ends of the scale as far as cars go, but both were my pride and joy. Owned them both at the same time actually, so that was a good period in my life!

I miss my zed from a social and modding perspective, but I miss the RRS more overall.

If I'm honest, it was probably my Renault 11 GTL. The simple reason being, it was my first car. It gave me the freedom to get out and about, do my own thing, go places with my mates. Maybe not the best car I've owned, but probably the most significant/ important.

• Like 1

I would have to say the FTO, owned it for 11 enjoyable years

Lakesmeet7-1-2.jpg

Great looking Fto.

Plus one and that picture is fantastic, ...excellent scenery & location for a car photo. B);)

Had one of these but not a match to the Z..