Owner to be

Evening everybody,

As you may notice by my profile I've actually been a member here for quite a while (nearly two years) and I've still not got myself a Zed, however the time has come and I've got 3 viewings on Friday and another 3 on Saturday of the last cars I've whittled my search down to. If they're not exactly what I want then I'll walk away, but if the right car is in that small group after a 12 month search, I'll take her home.

generally spent my time trawling through tips for buying and maintaining the cars, read A LOT of build threads including very old ones and years worth of pages (pulling 9 hour work shifts on the forum reading 65+ pages worth of thread at once) and still never said a word to anybody, just been sat in the corner watching you all have fun waiting for my insurance to come down enough for me to justify the expense of it on a Zed.

Be great to get to know you all, and I'll keep you updated as to what I end up buying or not buying and I'll be sure to post some photos as soon as I've got one.

Dan.

Good Luck. I feel like buying a car is like buying a hours. You know when you have the right one as it feels right. Thats how I have been buying things for years and it has served me well so far...

Thank you everybody, looking forward to testing the final few my choices have been whittled down to (thus far) and seeing what I'll come away with will be interesting as I've quite the range of choice. As I said, will keep you all posted.

Good Luck. I feel like buying a car is like buying a hours. You know when you have the right one as it feels right. Thats how I have been buying things for years and it has served me well so far...

totally agree with this, only my first car at 17 was one I didn't buy for the car itself, merely the insurance.

that was a 1.1 Clio (T-Reg, 1999) which cost me £1997 to insure with the dreaded telematics box.

Then came a 1.6 Citroen C2 GT (bloody great fun, it was like a go kart) 2005 model, which was turbocharged and eventually sold on after a year of fun at 180bhp.

Next and last on the list is a Jaguar S-Type 3.0 V6 with all of the bells and whistles. Got this very cheap and was just an easy going mile muncher with an auto box for long drives to and from work with the cruise control on. Like driving a gentlemen's club.

I'm now 21 and the 350z is top of my list after a very long time lusting after one, so a couple of months extra wait won't be a problem for me if I can't find the right car just yet.

Thanks all for your kind words. Currently on the M60 with the missus driving home, having paid 4800 for a 2007 350z GT with sat nav, heated seats etc etc and the full 313 HR engine. Needs a wheel refurb and a little paint work on the rear bumper due to a scrape that happened this morning before I arrived at the dealer, managed to knock 1200 off the asking price and I'm very very happy with the car.

Very good price, somebody backed into it that morning at the dealer (had a look at it yesterday and it was great, today a small crease in the rear bumper) and he knocked off the money for the repair and repaint of the bumper from 6k (He estimated 500?!), then I drove the price down a little further because it needed new tyres and a p2 service too. Going in for advice on Monday, and I'll be doing the bumper work myself (as good as it can be) whilst I save a little to start some mods.