Give me 5

nissanman312

My budget is slightly more but I have a problem where I need a 2012+ car for work reasons. With that said I went to see the below last weekend:

981 Cayman S

E92 M3

Mustang V8

Evora S

The Cayman was the best all rounder by far and probably what I will get come summer but of course its the most expensive...

The 2012+ Boxster might fall into your budget now? Brilliant car.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Love the Cayman S 981, in my opinion the best looking Porsche ever .

Ditto. I was so close to buying one until I started to read the horror stories.

Horror stories? Isn't that with the old 987 one.

• Like 2

I believe so ...... The new shape is the one I really hanker for ! Such a lovely car .

I believe so ...... The new shape is the one I really hanker for ! Such a lovely car .

So many optional extras though. Buying second hand is going to be a nightmare!

So after a few months of BMW ownership, do you miss anything about the Z?

• Like 1

So many optional extras though. Buying second hand is going to be a nightmare!

So after a few months of BMW ownership, do you miss anything about the Z?

Do you know what, i do miss some things ........ The zed had real charactor and i know its sad to say ... I miss the admiring looks from people . My zed was just a cool looking car ! And people really did love it ! ( if i dont say so myself , hahaha )

I always new the m3 would need a few tweeks to make it how i wanted it . Spacers and the exhaust mod cost arounf £220 and boy does this make a difference to the m3 ..... Instant injection of soul and road presence . I love it :)

If i didnt want a 4 seater i would have 100% got a cayman 981 s ...... But again they start at 35k up for a good one.

Edited by Bodyboarder81
  • Like 1

OK so I know this doesn't fit my own brief but I drove a audi s3 today

What a lovely little motor

It left me thinking why do we need any more on the road

But there lies the problem that's all I thought! if the missus had one that would be nice to jump in any weather to go to sainsburys or long mundane journey's with a bit of fun thrown in! A lovely cabin and a genuine nice place to sit

Anyway enough ideas like that neeeèeeext

20160409_162732_zpsgugsoprr.jpg

If you were happy with your Z, there are examples of the Mk1 Nismo available for £25k now. It's a noticeably different look and drive to the standard car and you could put the rest of your max budget towards supercharging.

I'm not sure I agree with others that you're close to GTR money. I reckon you need another £10k for a decent example.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Is there a separate thread on it?

If you were happy with your Z, there are examples of the Mk1 Nismo available for £25k now. It's a noticeably different look and drive to the standard car and you could put the rest of your max budget towards supercharging.

I'm not sure I agree with others that you're close to GTR money. I reckon you need another £10k for a decent example.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Is there a separate thread on it?

Yes I agree good way off a gtr

I'm just sitting back for now something that's right car will present itself soon

And if it doesn't I'll be ruffing it round Europe in June

At least I won't have to worry where

I park lol

Another z without the mods I had just wouldn't do it for me now I don't think :(

• Like 2

Fair enough. I guess it might be good to have a change to something completely different. I don't think you'd need suspension mods with the Nismo - the handling is a big improvement, but I guess you'd still be looking at the cost of boosting, a new exhaust, remap etc.

I would never spend any mad money on an Audi. They're so dull and soulless. S1 Quattro and S2 not withstanding.

Driven a fair few Audi's. They all have the same 'character'.

C63. Awesome sound. Wild drive. My friend has one.

A good very low mileage e46 M3 would be on my list.

Honda NSX for exclusivity. This thing is beautiful. High mileage but, it's a Honda. And one at the peak of their engineering capabilities at the time.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda/nsx/used-honda-nsx-hoddesdon-fpa-201603192130452?logcode=p

I might be tempted to consider a Corvette. A lot for your money. 7 litre V8!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603312499258?onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&page=1&search-target=usedcars&radius=1500&postcode=ol138ax&sort=atcustom&model=corvette&make=chevrolet&logcode=p