focus RS (Mk2)

d0minator33

Hey all

With the new mk3 Focus rs out soon i expect the price of the mk2 to drop a bit later this year,

So thoughts on making the changes from a 350z?

I know it's just a focus but i've always loved them since i saw them and would like to own one.

I have never driven or sat in one but these would be my expectations compared to the Z.

Focus has better in-gear speed but worse off the mark.

Similar ride quality and handling (although they way they go about the handling will feel very different)

Worse driving position in the focus

Better clutch on the focus, i've never really been a fan on the Z's clutch.

obv practicality goes to the focus.

Nicer gear change and more relaxed drive in Z.

Has any one made the change i would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance

no comparison. Don't compare a 350z with a Focus Mk 2. Its like comparing Kylie with Dot Cotton.

Why's it no comparison? Nice helpful post.

Never owned or driven a Mk2, but always heard good things.

Going to be faster than the 350,

Power is easier to upgrade

I know the Mk1 is an animal on track, so hopefully the mk2 followed it's footsteps.

Down side for me...Not RWD.

Interior is modern,

Hey all

With the new mk3 Focus rs out soon i expect the price of the mk2 to drop a bit later this year,

So thoughts on making the changes from a 350z?

I know it's just a focus but i've always loved them since i saw them and would like to own one.

I have never driven or sat in one but these would be my expectations compared to the Z.

Focus has better in-gear speed but worse off the mark.

Similar ride quality and handling (although they way they go about the handling will feel very different)

Worse driving position in the focus

Better clutch on the focus, i've never really been a fan on the Z's clutch.

obv practicality goes to the focus.

Nicer gear change and more relaxed drive in Z.

Has any one made the change i would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance

Too many assumptions there I think, I would certainly go and drive one if you can before getting too many pre determined ideas in your head. The handling will be completely different just for starters :) Iain 1010 on here has got one and he loves it.
  • Like 1

Test drove one a couple years ago and was very impressed, remember saying that if I needed a family car Id be looking seriously at it. Faster than a 350, handled beautifully and surprisingly nice inside as well. Bit heavy and maybe a little sanitised for what it was but you could sort that out easily - I could quite happily live with a Blue one after a remap and prices arent going anywhere ............

no comparison. Don't compare a 350z with a Focus Mk 2. Its like comparing Kylie with Dot Cotton.

Indeed, this is why an 09 FRS is still knocking on £23K and an 09 350Z is less than half that. :stir:

I can help u my good sir as I've owned the focus RS mk2 & drive one every weekend seems my mate got banned

7C7A0F35-6C44-4C4B-ACF9-35B57D7CD2DB_zpsxu1gepov.png

6E68A5E8-9D30-4A54-936F-45FB874DE6CA_zps8hsa68fa.png

& this was mine :)

50EC64FA-E251-4BAF-89A4-D552E20CFF44_zpswcukhy0h.jpg

28BD82CB-E355-451F-8B5A-29B43B904203_zpswmgrqbts.jpg

They really are brilliant cars to drive, sound great & handle very well! U can't really compare it to the zed due to be completely different cars, but the zed is a lot more comfort & nice to drive but the RS has s great power delivery & handles great, the car is comfy plus u have 3 steering settings, standard, comfort & sport. Sport is great stiff steering which gives u a great drive & feel of the car. They are very reliable & pretty good prices on parts if needed. I would recommend one

Edited by Kieran_ctr
  • Like 3

Love the RS and yeah, I would chop my Z in for one in a minute lol...sorry.

As said, they're a great drive. Bullet proof if serviced regularly. I personally prefer the RS gearbox to the Z.

All the ST and RS variants really are cracking cars IMO.

The only thing I don't like about the Focus RS is that it's a fwd, ...really should have been 4wd imo. Especially with it being a turbo car which you can extract some great power levels from. B)

In saying that though my mate used to have a standard Focus 2 Ltr and it handled like it was on rails going round the corners so fwd's not all that bad. ;)

• Like 2

That interior though... :scare: I had a friend with an ST-3 and I considered (oh so briefly) buying one before this (I looked at anything fast and affordable ...mind you I still bought the V6..doh lol) and I saw the inside and its terrible. The HR's have cheap plastics but the better dark grey colour and little metal coloured flourishes lift it and the design is good, cascading dash and all that jazz... the focus, I just couldn't live with the inside, all that money and you get that. Never been taken out in one and I'm sure it'd be a hoot but if you've got to live with it, it'd be horrid inside. My opinion mind you lol :lol:

http://i68.photobuck...axipix/RS-8.jpg

As sporty inside as your local Taxi firm lol also just looking at those pedals they look a bit small... like peugeot RCZ small (if you've been in one you'll know what I'm on about)

Edited by AMT