My build. (Updated 22.02.17)

HoundDog

Well it's finally happening it's been a long journey and heart ache along the way.

My dad has recently been diagnosed with pancreas cancer so I wanted something to look forward to and to show him the finished item.

For now the outside is finished and how I want it, but I guess as we all know having a Z it could change.

AD504242-46E1-4FB8-8C3D-F6EA2028EF56_zpsw0vwbokm.jpg

So then I thought what else can I do. Well after speaking to Bennett Gt4 I was sold and he got to order me some goodies.

They arrived after a while in a box.

0CACBBC8-361D-49D6-9473-C81D3FF3E291_zpswv4r2eym.png

Like a excited kid I was sent pictures of some of the items that was to go in my build.

First of was a kinetic plenum saw One on Sams old car and thought I must have one.

6E27AEBB-CD34-4705-924B-DB7A90B2979F_zpsbw5d9uxc.jpg

Next was a snail.

1D5B076B-2816-49F1-8965-CBC4AA9F0C99_zpss3jwscq8.jpg

4854809B-61A2-4B26-9E6A-47A67A532A5C_zpsfzj79eub.jpg

Vortex super charger v2 Ti trim.

Right sorry folks that's it for now back to work but "I'll be back".

Edited by Dunks
  • Like 3

Thanks guys.

Right Lets see hoe I get on with the rest of the build.

In the package was some nice 750 Dw injectors.

B5B65868-12C4-45A3-AED5-3982152F378B_zpsnmtkepvs.jpg

Modified the fuel Pump to put a Aeromotive high flow 340lph fuel pump

In.

89D77FA5-2C14-4D7A-8E6C-7A559996629B_zpspmg78lvo.jpg

Here's the car all ready to be worked on.

CAB1B12F-1013-4D3E-97CE-E2B2A3D4B4CC_zpsd7nhjtzz.jpg

Let the fun begin.

Dremoled out the snorkel to fit the piping and filter

8393BBA0-5B40-4984-B81C-47F2E0DEEA3B_zpsu59cy9nc.jpg

Bolts coming from all over the place I wouldn't have a clue where to put them all back

DFE529C5-E002-4940-98EB-6C5C6A1B6B42_zpsqtvkovwa.jpg

Parts coming off and soon the inside of the car started to look like this.

317DBA4D-D527-4AFA-B3F9-4E91A35F8C24_zpstywmveps.jpg

The engine bay started changing and soon looked like this.

A831CD9F-C681-458F-8788-94BEDC684138_zpsmxwqeb5w.jpg

41ADD179-F50C-439D-9133-60B2656534E6_zps5tjm6fjs.jpg

3A93FD1A-11B3-4194-A369-D261B0335200_zpswjb6r1io.jpg

More pictures dismantling

CEA090F6-DD1C-4D3B-9979-EDDE074E3FE1_zps4mcklj9h.jpg

0697C0FC-400A-414C-B09C-987AA29A4629_zpswc54jqfp.jpg

CEA090F6-DD1C-4D3B-9979-EDDE074E3FE1_zpstaetsfsb.jpg

The fuel rails and injectors all fitted along with new NGK 1 step colder iridium plugs. along with New CJM fuel return system (FRS) with return correction kit and Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

After that was all done we fitted the kinetix.

27C6DBC4-331E-4829-9F2D-B32EE4B04604_zpsq3agsuhw.jpg

Looks lovely I think : )

A tread stone front mount with 3 inch pipes added

D129E91C-D790-46BF-827E-D5A0B39EE8FB_zpsnzm67dxm.jpg

Not finished but getting there

DC330C5F-0A01-441A-80F2-312F50E6A85B_zpsz2d4oime.jpg

Fuel regulator and various pipe work

2E2064F1-B546-4D82-886D-8E90E5DAAE0B_zpsyxdwnvuz.jpg

Thanks to Moped mark for the polished throttle body.

Thanks to Payco for his former ARC oil catch can.

8CD44B56-5A12-46FC-9E37-22DE64EFDD70_zpsq0ixr20l.jpg

E79970A8-20FE-48A5-B79D-1C4015DB6D11_zpsdjd1o5xm.jpg

Stay tuned people and thanks for looking sorry but trying to do this in a iPhone is a nightmare.

I can't thank Bennett enough with his wealth of knowledge and passion with my build. It's not finished yet but it's getting there.

Here's a copy of my shopping list.

Vortech V2 polished (oil supply from engine) Ti trim

- New upgrade custom polished K&N cold air intake(CAI) rated to 540hp- not std asthmatic Vortech k&N small(200hp rating) cone filter attached to supercharger head unit within hot engine bay.

- Treadstone +1000CFM rated intercooler

- DW 750 injectors.

- vortec DE supercharger mounting bracket.

- smooth idler and cog pulleys

- upgrade heavy duty Gates racing serpentine belt. Not std gates belt

- Gates racing HD tooth belt. Not std gates belt.

- Std vortech 3.0 polished intercooler pipes with std blue silicon hose couplers and jubilee clamps.

- CJM fuel return system (FRS) with return correction kit and Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

-Pre-modified OEM fuel bucket for FRS (exchange for your OEM bucket)

- Aeromotive high flow 340lph fuel pump.

- New NGK 1 step colder iridium plugs.

- AAM oil pan spacer with ports. To increase oil capacity and have port for supercharger oil drain.

- Custom braided supercharger oil drain line with fittings for oil pan ports. Upgrade from std Vortech cheap rubber oil hose and push fit connectors.

- 5/16" intake plenum spacer

- New Uprev GT MAF sensor.

- Vortech upgrade 3.12 pulley. Std 3.33 pulley will be available. You need 3.12 to go over 400whp with room to spare.

- New polished Vortech bypass valve (BPV) and silicone vacuum lines.

Edited by Dunks
  • Like 3

Awesome Dunks, I was there not long ago and brings back awesome memories, good to have another charged zed joining the clan, I bet you get it tuned before me im a nightmare :lol:

Also the rest of your zed looks great some well put together mods there

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Hey Neil! You finally decided to reveal your buildðŸ‘!

First off I would like to say if anyone deserves this it would be you because of the difficult times you are going through mate and I'm so looking forwards to handing the car back to you as its been a long journey.

Neil bought the remnants of my previous V2 T trim supercharger kit with the options to blend old and spec new parts to result in a custom and complete custom set up that was capable of 600whp on a built engine or bombproof on stock internal.

Being the magpie that he is he also wanted everything polished where possible. As a result ordering the amazing all new V2 Ti trim supercharger fully polished took longer than the ubiquitous off the shelf V2 or V3 sci trim units.

Neil was very patient despite parting with his hard earned ££s to a complete stranger and later having the news that his dad was facing a serious illness he remained calm. To cut a long story short everything arrived in the end and we jumped into the build and I feel so genuinely happy for Neil because it could have happened to a nicer guy.

We decided to go with the V2 Ti trim because of several massive advantages I have pointed in the past. It is an improvement of the mad T trim setup I had. At some point I was running 464whp at 15psi and with timing retarded to keep it from making more power/boost!! I beat on it on track and it never flinched.

- first it is a race spec unit with billet and high effliency impeller and heavy duty bulletproof race bearings rated to 65k rpm but known to cope with 80k rpm in racing/drag racing circles. So it will offer great longevity. To be fair the vortech units are well built but if you decide to race/track or push you kit hard then this would give you peace of mind.

-Secondly it makes power. Over 1000whp depending on application. It's the biggest "smallest" unit vortech makes. It's very efficient, and as expected engine oil fed. While the self lubricated units maybe "convenient" if you can call replacing the traction oil every so often and which is not easy they are not robust enough for heavy duty application like racing hence the are sold as street systems by vortech and have no race warranty. I think engine oil fed units have better cooling and and in the case of the T trim or Ti also have the heavy duty race internals.

Everything else on the built has been soecced to be future proof or efficient or robust and while I'm not a fan of bling I have to admit that it looks amazing and when all is done this zed will really stand out! I just have to make a driver out of you Neil!!!!

On another level this is my 10th supercharger build project! My 3 project this year alone!!! I have now completed 6 installs by myself and 4 with the lads(Darren b, Adrian) back in the day! It has been an amazing journey were I've met made great friendships and shared wonderful moments with some really nice people. It has been very satisfying and even better all the cars I've worked on are still going strong and being used as they shoul. (If only Darryl-jumping350z will get his tuned!)

Some have shared their builds here and some have preferred to keep in the shadows or frequent the show circuit and just like Neil was about to do but I'm happy he decided to share.

After this long journey l I've got one final supercharger build which will be the culmination of all I've learnt and it been long overdue; My custom 700whp custom V7 Ysi kit for my track spec zed I will finally jump into this through out the winter into next spring. It's been long overdue.

If anyone is contemplating a build I have a few bits and bobs left like fuel buckets etc that will go up for sale.

Neil, with your permission I'll put up some final pictures and and answer any technical info about your build.

Once I figure how to get that oil cooler to fit the car is ready to go and I'll leave you to start it for the first time yourself as its been tradition.

I can't wait to see you take you dad for a spin and see him smile.

I hope he beats this cancer!

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 5

I would like to thank you all for your kind words for my dad, especially Bennett who has been there at this very difficult time.

Looking forward to getting my car back and on the road, it's been a long time coming but will be worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for all your positive comments.

• Like 4