BMW 335d

nissanman312

A freind of a freind has one of these

My mate was telling me how dam quick it was.

I was sceptical I'm not a oil burner fan

But then he told me about the tourqe 600 of them :) and 300bhp

This thing is properly quick it makes you reconsider the oil burner

40mpg aswell

This may be nothing new to people I just had no idea how quick they were

theres little in it between the 335d and the 335i - the petrol makes about 20bhp more, but the diesel counters with a lot more torque. Both respond very well to a remap.

Ultimately I much prefer the sound and ability to rev of petrol, but 90% of the time I drive it like a diesel, ie cruising along the motorway!

and get it in coupe form and its not so bad looking either :thumbs:

An average diesel these days will happily keep up with a zed in a straight line. Something like a 335d could easily put one to shame

You're not wrong, a Scirocco oil burner did a good job of following me (up to the national speed limit) away from some toll booths yesterday, but at least my nissan wasn't killing all the polar bears like his stinking VAG :lol:

• Like 1

What kind of a girly wuss uses the disposable gloves at petrol stations anyway?! :lol:

The girly wuss` that don`t want to get dirty, smelly, greasy diesel crap from the filler nozzle handle all over their door handles and steering wheels. (or daren`t do so because it`s the wife's)

Or, maybe just me if no one else bothers about that ... :blush:

Really?!?! Well, that's me told then. I always wondered why people use those things, and I always snigger when I see folks using them at petrol stations. I can't say I've ever picked up a fuel pump handle and ever got covered in anything.

I humbly apologise for mocking you, sir.

• Like 1

0-60 in under 5 seconds for a remapped version certainly isn't to be sniffed at! although not quite Lamborghini troubling pace, unless the Lamborghini in question is a 1970s one!

Having had a "spirited drive" with a Lambo Gallardo a while back Id say a remapped 335d would probably be quicker in mid range, they are fierce.

If your just chasing BHP, you cannot beat force induction.

There's a chap running a 335d with hybrid turbos on E90post, remapped to 416bhp and 600ft-ibs of torque...and I have a feeling these are taken as 'at the wheels' bhp, so the BHP/Torque 'at the crank' must be even more crazy :scare:....He also reports 45mpg+ on a M way run.

standard%20stage%203_zpsydxc3ug1.jpg

http://www.e90post.c...d.php?t=1119594

Edited by gangzoom

And your hands get all filthy and smelly filling it up which is then transferred to everything you touch on the interior because the petrol stations never bother to fill up the disposable gloves .... :rant:

I have a diesel burning daily and always wonder how diesel ends up all over the pump handles, its no different to dispensing petrol???

And your hands get all filthy and smelly filling it up which is then transferred to everything you touch on the interior because the petrol stations never bother to fill up the disposable gloves .... :rant:

I have a diesel burning daily and always wonder how diesel ends up all over the pump handles, its no different to dispensing petrol???

I've heard it's because diesel drivers are wrong'uns ;)