Zed over 13 years old and still turning heads

TimC

I needed to pick some bits up in town today and on the way there I pulled in behind a black R8 on the way round the one way system. He found a parking space on the left hand side of the road and there was a convenient space dead opposite on the right hand side for me. He got out of his car at the same time as me and we both gave each other a nod and went on our way.

I got the bits I needed and started walking back to the car and as I walk down the road I see people walking past looking at my car and in fact stopping to see what it was or turning back to have another look, only casting a casual glance over at the R8. I must have seen 8 or 9 people walk past the R8 ignoring it and looking over to my car or crossing over to look, I was really feeling chuffed at this point. When I get to my car, someone stopped me to ask what it was, what size engine it had etc and wanted to hear it. I did not want to disappoint giving a little rev to please him and started to get a little crowd around the car. as I pull away I looked over to see the owner of the R8 talking to some friends in a shop door way, not looking too happy.

Nice that a 13 year old sports coupe can still appeal and draw more of a crowd over a modern one at a fraction of the price. I always get positive reactions towards the car from people, thumbs up as I drive past, cars stopping to let me out at junctions etc. I suppose it shows the mass appeal the 350z stlll has, maybe some people still say "look its that car from fast and furious". Its a good day to be 350Z owner :)

• Like 12

I've loved getting this reaction from people. Only had the car since Sunday and I've seen so many people turn to look as I drive by (and no it's not because of my terrible driving!). I've also had a neighbour stop to chat about the car and how much he likes them, which was a surprise because I've lived here two years and I've always known him as the grumpy old guy down the road.

• Like 1

Ha ha I wouldn't be able to even see a zed past an R8, but it is true that the zed is a head turner and most amusing that the majority of folk have no idea what it is... and then look even more confused when they realise it is just a Nissan :lol:

Edited by mdunbar

It was a great feeling at the time and maybe if I had walked back to the car a few minutes earlier the tables would have been turned. I mean its an R8!, I would love one, but I would still keep the Zed.

My neighbour still calls it a Porsche after 14 months, a common mistake it seems.

I'd imagine those people had very reduced vision and didn't spot the R8.

Perhaps a lot of the public are still in a rage over the VW scandal and now hate VAG vehicles with a passion?

Or maybe he stumbled upon a congregation of Nissan sports (forum) members.

My wife took mine to work and got called into the MD's office mid morning as he wanted to ask her about it.

The same day she got berated by a colleague for driving a car "like that" in her condition (29wks pregnant). :lol:

My neighbour still calls it a Porsche after 14 months, a common mistake it seems.

So hang on, round your way people confuse 350Z's for Porsches and prefer Nissans to R8's?

*notices user location*

Oh, fair enough, carry on :lol:

A Zed is a fine looking (and sounding) car, but a 100K supercar it is not.

Last week I parked up at a friends house and six kids run over shouting 'nice GTR' I said I wish I had a GTR and one shouted 'It looks like a GTR'. Then one of their fathers said I had made their day when I walked past! Lol