MPG Madness: 41.1mpg average over 200miles

Pritchard

im sure many others have had small victories.

but after Abbey recently sorted out an issue, my MPG was back to the normal realms of happynes.

well i had to travel to Cardiff today (from Kent) for work. so, as it was in works time i stuck cruise control to 60mph and plodded away.

traffic was good. i had 3 service stops (which brought down the mpg and indicated average speed), and also lost 0.5 points at the Wales bridge tolls thingy. (along with £6.50! jesus. surprised i didnt need a passport too).

then once in wales traffic got bad as it was rush hour, and i lost my peak of 41.4mpg, but not before i got a picture of it at the tolls.

yes its easy to reset the counter on the go, and take a quick picture. but this was actually my run. :) also check out the odometer and the fuel gauge for further evidence. :)

happy bunny.

final 'score' when i arrived at the hotel was 39.7, over 201 miles.

Miles to next tank - indicated 390miles !! now that would be some awesome tank range.

LEy7QBU.jpg39wJmeT.jpgLjaQkD0.jpgHdOlQQU.jpg

lol, no wasnt being towed. :)

i had a 'test run' to new forest last week, whereby i actually reset the trip every few miles to see what difference the mph made. (all on cruise, and left for a few miles to try and cancel out hill gradients)

but, the difference between 60mph and 70mph is huge, about 8mpg (roughly 40 to roughly 32 is what i saw). and again, stick it on 50mph and i saw 46mpg pop up after a couple of miles!

those average speed cameras are your friends ;)

Edited by Pritchard

Did I came to the right forum? 350z not Leaf?!?!

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

The Leaf forum expelled me for being too extreme!

i set it at 60 to make sure that i overtook, and was not overtaken, by any lorries i saw.

im tempted to set it to 50mph on the way home, just for shts n giggles.

... althought im sure ill get abuse my motorists pointing and saying to their wives ''look over there Julie, that man cant affoard fuel for his car''

:)

anyway its all for a laugh. i usualy take the diesel on the work trips to make the most f the 45p/litre. thought id see what happens.

• Like 1

My GT86 won't hit that for sure! But then again over 27k mileage and every morning right foot heavy due to country lane to work not too shabby!

For my ZED its about 33mpg before fluid change :S

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

Blimey, I picked my Zed up in Aberdeen last week and drove virtually to London (535 miles) and only managed 28mpg for the trip. I did hit a lot of traffic and stop started for a few hours in the south of Scotland but I did pass many hours cruising at 70 and then about 70 miles sticking to 50 in average speed cameras in the numerous road works I encountered. You did far better than I did.

Just been to Durham and back, 280 miles. 160m cross country A-roads and 120m legal motorway speeds - 28mpg according to the machine. More than enough, given the fun that was had on the A road sections. Worth 13 fewer MPG any day :lol: