Civic type R

Zeezeebaba

you must be doing that on purpose as in your other threads you cant type fine

Does it really matter tho

Depends how you want people to perceive you

as at the moment you come across as this guy

hate_chav_car.jpg

Haha well that may be the case but there's nothing comfier to lounge about in than a tracksuit except maybe a onesie

Heated up quicker than a crack heads spoon :)

Back on topic, saw one at the local dealer. Very aggressive styling, almost "because race car", not unpleasant but not to my tastes :) reminds me of a dtm car minus the fins :)

Crackhead's :lol:

• Like 1

Loved my old Ep3, FN2 was 'ok' and grew on me over time, BUT, saw a new white type R yesterday out for a test drive and . . . . . . . . . . .

No, No, No!! Sorry to you guys who like the new model but it looks awful.

Loved my old Ep3, FN2 was 'ok' and grew on me over time, BUT, saw a new white type R yesterday out for a test drive and . . . . . . . . . . .

No, No, No!! Sorry to you guys who like the new model but it looks awful.

Firstly some real funny stuff in this thread, :lol: ....secondly I think I really need to see one of these in the flesh as it seems to be one of those "marmite" cars.

Did it at least sound good when it went passed you Dave?

I've heard some talk on CTRO already that people are disappointed with the way it sounds you see so just wondered what your take was. ;)

I didn't get chance to hear it (was a passenger in another car, with music on), it came onto a roundabout from our right and went right round and back off again. Quite disappointed as I really want to like this car.

It does look very yobbish and like it's fallen through a branch of Demon Tweeks, but I suppose it's all part of the character. Would rather purchase one of these over a boring 1 Series hatchback ,boring A Series, boring R... Yawn, you get the drift.

I think it's definitely growing on me the more I see them. Might try to have a look at one in person this weekend just to see what it looks like in the flesh rather than just in pictures. :thumbs:

I didn't get chance to hear it (was a passenger in another car, with music on), it came onto a roundabout from our right and went right round and back off again. Quite disappointed as I really want to like this car.

Fair enough. ;)

Its a car forum not an exam, who really cares and if it bothers you that much don't read it

Seeing as how your posts are pretty unintelligible, that's actually going to be easier than you think.

Sorry, I was at a wedding all day yesterday and missed this bag 'o fun, but no way am I passing up an open goal like that.

Went and had a look at one of these today.

Didn't drive it but have to say I really liked it in person.

Only things I really didn't like were the alloys as I've said before, they look like 90's TSW Venoms, and the rear discs which were solid discs. Why you'd have solid rear discs on a modern £30K car rather than vented rear discs is beyond me regardless of the fact that very little braking is done on the rear I just think it looks sh*te.

Pics below of the one I looked at. ;)

003_zpssyrjibly.jpg

002_zpsdzw6d8su.jpg

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Are those functional vents on the wings?

Supposedly so.

The vents on top of the wings are to draw hot air away from the engine and the ones behind the wheels are also to draw hot air away but this time from the large brakes as well as make the air flow more freely over the wheels. The wings are also made from aluminium which is cool.

I had a look underneath the car as well and it has some sort of air channels under the car which looks pretty flat bottomed for most of what I could see. Apparently from what I've just been reading the air channels are there to create a venturi effect helping to suck the car to the ground at high speed. B);)

That'll come in really handy when you have to slow down for every corner so that the front wheels can do the steering and the driving. ;)

Yep because everybody knows with a RWD car you never have to slow down for corners do you?! :dry::rolleyes:

I had my brakes removed to save weight and improve lap times :lol:

• Like 1

Interesting bit in Evo this month on the CTR and the aero. Some positive stuff on the wing and underfloor, but on the subject of vents:

"Other aero features on the Type R are a little dubious. The large front-wheelarch vents that could be used to cool brakes and reduce high pressures under the wheelarches are mostly blanked. So too are the bonnet vents, which could help draw hot air from the engine bay."

Style over substance. Shame.

Edited by Ekona