Aerial Atom - driver sentenced

NWZ

sounds like he was an 'example' case bit like the lad that been caught drifting on the road by a video his friend uploaded

http://www.mirror.co...s-style-6031390

Hardly an example and he wasnt caught, it was posted on facebook!!

I am not doubting for one moment the fella hasnt got skills and in control, but really, you choose to go out onto a public highway and do that, then post it on facebook, what argument can you possibly have? He was hardly the victim he portrays himself to be.

I am afraid this and the other thread surrounding the lads in the Seat are just way to close, a split second in time and it could be a Seat thread all over again, perhaps not as dramatic obviously.

I am no angel but there is a time and a place and generally, roads are neither the time nor the place, especially when a camera is involved :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

sounds like he was an 'example' case bit like the lad that been caught drifting on the road by a video his friend uploaded

Fair play he had spotters, did it at a quiet time etc so took some measures - but on the other hand if he lost control of the vehicle and rolled it down the hill crippling himself all the spotters in the world and time of day would make no difference.

People like this seem to convince themselves of the illusion they are always in control of the situation but that can never be 100% - but it only takes that 1% chance of something going wrong to cause a life changing, or ending, catastrophic accident.

An aside, ridiculous in court how the defence said he was truly sorry, said he realised what he did was wrong etc - then goes on social media (given it was social media that did him in the first place) to say everything but that after the court hearing - I think they should review the punishment and make it harsher due to perjury in court about his feelings on the matter and show what a brainless idiot this guy is.

• Like 1

To me the issue is, irrespective of how competent an excessively speeding driver may or may not be, the thing you can't legislate for is other drivers, animals, unexpected issue, etc. Eg. a few years ago when I came round a bend on a country road in my Caterham and there was a brick in the road (a brick is a significant hazard if you are in a Seven) and there was a car driving the other way, so not much leeway for dramatic steering adjustment.

So that means the 'action' shots we see posted in any number of motoring magzines such as EVO where cars are being drifted, sorry tested, round hairpins on public roads will no longer feature :snack:

With in-car cameras and social media these days they are just a recipe for similar reports. :dry: If so, hope that includes those drivers who drive at 40 everywhere (apart from anything resembling a bend when walking pace is the order) and whether the limit is 60 or 30 and usually identifed by a long queue of following drivers apart from built-up areas when the inconsiderate driver speeds through still at 40. They hold up other drivers who would much prefer to drive up, and down, to the prevailing speed limits, when conditions permit. At least the Scots recognize that issue of slower drivers on their single track roads: http://www.scotlandi...ds-in-scotland/ Something I wish the England and Wales would adopt.

• Like 2

That drifter bloke just needed a better solicitor, if he hadn't coughed up then there's no way they could've found him guilty.

I think he was going to be found guilty from day 1, the rumour is he was told he would be made an example of. Got to be honest (and I would say this) but with spotters, on an empty road at 4am or whatever I dont really see that as risky, youre only going to slide your car off the road at 40 mph into a field at the end oft he day.

As for this one .......... I cant see what he did wrong other than drive too fast, DD when you cant actually see what was in front of him is a pisstake and prosecuting someone on what his passenger is saying is like something out of a comic book. Absolute bullshit.

• Like 4

I am not doubting for one moment the fella hasnt got skills and in control, but really, you choose to go out onto a public highway and do that, then post it on facebook, what argument can you possibly have? He was hardly the victim he portrays himself to be.

I am afraid this and the other thread surrounding the lads in the Seat are just way to close, a split second in time and it could be a Seat thread all over again, perhaps not as dramatic obviously.

I am no angel but there is a time and a place and generally, roads are neither the time nor the place, especially when a camera is involved :)

That drifter bloke just needed a better solicitor, if he hadn't coughed up then there's no way they could've found him guilty.

I think he was going to be found guilty from day 1, the rumour is he was told he would be made an example of. Got to be honest (and I would say this) but with spotters, on an empty road at 4am or whatever I dont really see that as risky, youre only going to slide your car off the road at 40 mph into a field at the end oft he day.

As for this one .......... I cant see what he did wrong other than drive too fast, DD when you cant actually see what was in front of him is a pisstake and prosecuting someone on what his passenger is saying is like something out of a comic book. Absolute bullshit.

Jetpilot stop looking for an argument with me, its getting old now,

Jetpilot stop looking for an argument with me, its getting old now,

No ones looking for an argument, i made a sensible reply to what you posted.

If you two (StevoD & Jetpilot) turn this thread into another personal "I'm right - your wrong" one then not only are you spoiling the debate for others you both might be looking at some gardening leave...... :dry:

Nobody gets told in advance that they are going to be made an example of...

Yes they do:

If you two (StevoD & Jetpilot) turn this thread into another personal "I'm right - your wrong" one then not only are you spoiling the debate for others you both might be looking at some gardening leave...... :dry:

• Like 11

Nobody gets told in advance that they are going to be made an example of...

Yes they do:

Genius

Police will no longer attend burglaries.

But if you're a bit naughty in your car.....

yea saw something about this the head of the new National Police Chiefs' Council Reckons people should not expect police to visit the scene of a crime when such crime is theft or non violent,

Police will no longer attend burglaries.

But if you're a bit naughty in your car.....

yea saw something about this the head of the new National Police Chiefs' Council Reckons people should not expect police to visit the scene of a crime when such crime is theft or non violent,

I thought it had always been like this though. I remember having my car broken into one New Years Eve and having some stuff nicked. I phoned police and they said that unless there was any blood anywhere then they wouldnt bother coming out.

I had repeated attempted break ins and my car was broken in to when I was a student and they wouldn't attend, but that was in a rather nasty area. I now live in a nice location and a policeman recently walked door to door asking if anyone saw anything odd in relation to a stolen bicycle... I guess location or pressure from insurance claims may have something to do with it?

Edited by HaydnH

I had repeated attempted break ins and my car was broken in to when I was a student and they wouldn't attend, but that was in a rather nasty area. I now live in a nice location and a policeman recently walked door to door asking if anyone saw anything odd in relation to a stolen bicycle... I guess location or pressure from insurance claims may have something to do with it?

Probably location especially now with all the cut backs financially. Policing a high crime area increases the workload to a point where lesser crimes get relegated somewhat.