Aerial Atom - driver sentenced

NWZ

The guy drove like an idiot then posted the video on a public site. He has only himself to blame. Anyone who uses a phone whilst driving deserves everything they get, that's far more dangerous that the excessive speed imho. That's not to say I never drive like an idiot but I'd never post similar to a public site, you're just asking for trouble. The sentence does seem excessively harsh though, I'll give him that.

Nobody gets told in advance that they are going to be made an example of...

Yes they do:

If you two (StevoD & Jetpilot) turn this thread into another personal "I'm right - your wrong" one then not only are you spoiling the debate for others you both might be looking at some gardening leave...... :dry:

Ha! Nice one. :)

• Like 1

The guy drove like an idiot then posted the video on a public site. Anyone who uses a phone whilst driving deserves everything they get ..........

The sentence does seem excessively harsh though, I'll give him that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Using the phone" appeared to be no more than about 2 seconds checking something, I reckon he was probably turning the camera on. "Driving like an idiot" - how do you know? He appeared to be going quickly, but I wouldnt want to convict the guy on the view of some trees above his head.

• Like 2

"Using the phone" appeared to be no more than about 2 seconds checking something,

Regardless, it's still an illegal act in the given situation and he was stupid enough to provide the world with the evidence of him that breaking law. At the very least he deserved to get charged for that act - albeit with a more appropriate and proportional punishment.

"Using the phone" appeared to be no more than about 2 seconds checking something, I reckon he was probably turning the camera on. "Driving like an idiot" - how do you know? He appeared to be going quickly, but I wouldnt want to convict the guy on the view of some trees above his head.

Yeah, and It takes less than 2 seconds for something to go horribly wrong. I never said I'd convict the guy, I said he was driving like an idiot. It's my opinion of his driving from watching the video. You have a right to take the opposite opinion and you're welcome to it.

The guy drove like an idiot then posted the video on a public site. Anyone who uses a phone whilst driving deserves everything they get ..........

The sentence does seem excessively harsh though, I'll give him that.

I have an Atom and the trees do tend to pass you quickly, unfortunately I do not have the video evidence to prove that.