Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. 18s are usually 225/45F and 245/45R
  2. +1
  3. Chris`I

    Stillen

    Get to hear similar every day
  4. I'm fairly happy with my HT, FSR and CX bike atm Looking at possibly getting Amanda a road bike too. I would say you could do with a full sus bike by now Andrew, but following you last time down those routes in the Lakes, I think you are quick enough on a HT
  5. Yes and I hate him Looks lovely bud. Amanda says she is looking forward to the early start when we come visit We did a little 17 mile loop around the downs of Hants today, cracking weather as you got too. Started my biker tan for the year!
  6. Inflating the tyres has 2 reasons. It stops the car having too much grip, which means it will let go at much lower speeds, but also in the high speed turns, it stops the sidewall from potentially folding under the rim which would in turn ram the rim into the floor And actually, when I pumped mine up to the max, the Falkens were still rolling over quite a lot and getting quite near the wear triangles on the sidewalls. So in my opinion pump them up to around 5PSI shy of the max rated pressure (a little lower to allow for them heating up)
  7. Fezza International Rescue strike again How the hell can you give a penalty that makes no difference to the offender in the inccedent
  8. I'd have either TBH. I went in to the local Specialized bike shop with every intention to get a XC Pro, but they had a discounted Stumpjumper so ended up with that. You'll be happy with either of those
  9. Yeah thats one down on the Stumpy, but there is some overlap in price terms. Base Stumpy is about the same price as the XC pro, but has a better frame. XC pro has slightly better spec components if they are both of the same year. What year are you looking at though?
  10. No its all a bunch of BS so long as you use it properly. I cleaned and oiled my old pop charger about 5 times and never had any problems what so ever.
  11. K&N kit - job done
  12. Very nice sir, what a great week to pick it up
  13. Didnt need Red Bull to give him wings Seriously hope he is ok, that would have hurt like buggery when he landed!
  14. Martinmac's American cousin, hangin out at the Heliport in NYC
  15. Official way to check the lambda sensors, ideally you'd use Consult (Abbey have this or Nissan dealer) or I think you can read them off OBDII. Dont know the operating range, but sure Mark@Abbey or perhaps Jez@Horsham will chip in. When the car is warm it should read a certain range of volts, if its borked then it will read high or low accordingly. Or see how cheap Alex/Lee have a spare pair going?
  16. Definately ring around. As there are quite a few shops about, I'd even look at getting a couple of local ones to get the bits and pieces in that I want and then if any dont make it on time, you can mix and match a few shops. Thats what a mate of mine had to do a couple of years ago with his presents for bridesmaids as no one shop had the bits he needed.
  17. Where do you live bud? In Basingstoke there are 2 stores that I know of that sell them, one is an actual Pandora store and another an inderpendant jewellers, so quite a few places out there. According to the website there are ~500 shops so you should be able to find something. Best thing I would say is decide what you want and get on to some shops. Most shops these days tend to do next day stock, so if you get onto them tomorrow they should be able to order them in for you. http://www.pandora.net/en-gb/stores
  18. Most likely cause is an impact on a square edge (pothole). This could, as already been said, cause the rim seal to break and cause a loud bang, deflate, but then reseal and leave some pressure in the tyre. However you should be able to see some damage to the sidewall. May not be obvious as it may be on the inner edge, but the tyre guy should have spotted it. I'd keep an eye on it as advised, make sure you feel around the inner side now and again to make sure it doesnt buldge. Sounds like you've been lucky
  19. Welcome to what every biker has known for years - now dont tell anyone I often get out on the bike (pedal and motor) or car early in the morning on a nice crisp morning, awesome going out uninterrupted by numpties that cant drive
  20. Happy Birthday Derek HIP HIP HOORAH
  21. Happy Birthday Dave
  22. Dont have time to find myself goodies on ebay, let alone anyone else I'll have a quick peruse around over the weekend and see if I can find something. I'd say the Attack is quite weighty, I think over 30lbs, which probably isnt too bad for a 150mm travel bike, but depending on what you ride, you need to ask whether you need 150mm of travel. I have 120mm on the Stumpy and its more than enough, the advantage is it weighs in at a little under 27lbs which is nice and light for pedalling all over the place
  23. So are you looking more at pounding down hills than up and down? Gonna get Zoe to drive you to the top each time?
  24. True dual dual exhaust - WIN
×
×
  • Create New...