Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Good price - shame I have one already
  2. Happy Birthday bud
  3. As this is done to death I am going to lock this. I feel a few people may be trying to goad others into arguements. Look long and short of it is: Yes you can run different tyres No you shouldnt in the perfect world In the real world the decision is up to you. Many have run mismatched tyres and we have seen many accidents because of it. Many have run mismatched tyres and are happy with them. Many have switched from mismatched tyres and say the car handles like it never has before. IT IS YOUR DECISION - but dont come crying if you end up in a ditch. /end
  4. You should listen to her more, she is obviously very clever, she saved your Zed after all
  5. This is quickly getting more support than our own FB page
  6. I'm guessing because he gets them dead cheap from work
  7. If you want food you need to make it official Also the drive numbers will be limited shortly, so better to make it official and secure your place if you want to do the drive
  8. I think finally we are about on the same page. Now lets run before Dan gets here
  9. I think the pics of our bikes are in this thread I have a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (say that when you're drunk!). But I've changed the wheels, bar, rear mech, and probably a few other things already
  10. Shimano is still Deore < SLX (replace LX) < XT < XTR Sram is X5 < X7 < X9 < X0 < XX Strangely XTR falls between X0 and XX, X9 is about the same as XT, X7 about the same as SLX I think. Those two you posted are for the WAP eBay and show up really small. Also dont know much about current Marins
  11. Its not about all out grip levels, its about how tyres behave in different circumstances. On a dry road, all tyres will behave very similarly, but wet grip and break away is completely different between tyres (in my experience). My personal preference would be to have tyres all having the same break away and maybe less overall grip than to put grippier tyres on the front (or rear) which have different and less predictable break away. This would give me more confidence in what I feel and percieve to be the tyres breaking traction and better overall control of the car.
  12. I have actually seen it all now, someone recommending buying cheaper, less grippy tyres so that all 4 match and the car is more "balanced", but wont stop or go round corners as quickly . Theres a vast difference between ditchfinders and Falkens though. I would whole heartedly recommend someone run 4 Falkens over 2 PZR and 2 Falkens, I've been there and the car was an arse to handle, even if it was just for a week or two until I had Falkens all round. I also said nothing about all out speed of the car, I said it had overall less grip. The feel of the car was greatly improved with the same tyres all round and thus confidence and cornering speed increased. I think from now on we will just have to lock all these tyre threads as we wont ever agree
  13. Basically it needs to have the equivellant of E-mark for pads, to prove scientifically that they will behave near as damit the same as OEM pads. IMO these are far superior to OEM pads and wouldnt worry about it.
  14. Wow blast from the past! Thats a pretty good retro bike you have there I think you should be looking at a 1k budget to get something good to replace it if you want full sus and second hand tbh. It will feel much better and less bobby. Dont be put off by going for something with SLX or even Deore compared to your XT as things have moved on a lot in recent years
  15. Great idea. Very good point, I most people on here must be tax payers so we can claim Gift Aid back
  16. Keep it on topic guys, this is a family forum
  17. Last time I got business cards done I left the business about a week after they were delivered
  18. Chris`I

    Hydrogen

    And how exactly do we go around making all these solar panels? Do you know the amount of CO2 that would produce? You cant win, we will destroy the planet, so we may as well have fun now
  19. Let us know when you press the accelerator and end up in a hedge And dont try blaming "oil/diesel/other contaminant" on the road as many others do I ran my 350z with falken on the rear and Pzero Rosso on the front and coming from Pzero Rosso all round it was f'in twitchy in all but the driest conditions. Falkens all round seemingly reduced the grip all round but balanced the car up so it was at least not as rear end happy as it was.
  20. Random Orbit (aka Dual Action) means that it doesnt spin in circles like a normal rotary polsher (or sander), instead it makes a more random pattern as it spins. This means that it doenst have a hot spot in the middle like a pure rotary. The ER1700P appears to be a standard (albeit lightweight) rotary sander. What you want in the RO/DA polisher, although not sure of its weight compared to others I know for a fact that the Kestrel is a DA sander. It is rebranded by Dodo as their "Buff Daddy". From what I've seen, the Megs is no different (read: it is different of course, but of the same ilk)
  21. Why dont you name the certain moderator? If you name me you will be incorrect I for one though does know who moved it originally. Aint no fool can shout louder than Admin
  22. You'll probably find knackered Stones and Ditchfinders are about on par with each other so actually its quite balanced. How you drive in the wet though I do not know
  23. At the end of the day, all DA polishers are just random orbit sanders. The Kestrel I have even has instructions as such in the box! Just look up the specs of something like the Kestral DAS6 and match them with a Sealey. You might find they are more noisy or have more vibrations, but should be ok I think. First one Googling "Sealey random orbit sander" - tada! - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-DAS150T- ... B000ROD3OO
  24. Pfff what kind of boat is that, it should self right This is how to launch a boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5AoHc8A7s
  25. Can you run them - yes Should you run them - no Knowing you are running different tyres front and rear is *ok* but not the best idea. Just means you have to be careful in the wet as the car wont have neutral handling and you might stick it in a hedge/ditch/lamp post/rounderbout (delete as appropriate). Only you know if its worth the risk
×
×
  • Create New...