Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Damn Spinkles *shakes fist*
  2. Its most likely a loss leader. The loose a little bit of profit on selling the fuel, but the amount they then sell in the store leaves them in net profit Tesco have done 5p/litre off for years on and off.
  3. Good progress chaps - look forward to seeing this fired up
  4. Slippy slope my man, slippy slope
  5. Flywheel is a dual mass affair. After enough miles the dampers between the two masses become ineffective and they start to knock together. Plenty of people have had this around 50k miles but swap them out for lightweight flywheels or new dual mass when swapping the clutch. That could be the problem.
  6. The race is on - mines coming to work so better bring the socket set
  7. Her answer will likely require 110% of my brain capacity
  8. I like the look for that Andrew - good work I hope it took you about 1hr if its going to take us 3hrs I'll not tell Amanda, I'll say its just a nice short ride! Sorry to hear about your frame, but its a nice excuse to get some nice shiney stuff which is good in a way. Take it as fate to upgrade
  9. Avids are dead easy to bleed, just get the proper kit and follow the instructions. Makes a world of difference if you can do them yourself
  10. The main benefit of getting a cat back system is removing the bottleneck of the OEM Y-pipe. With a more freeflowing one you should see some good gains, maximised with a remap. Dont know anyone else whos had a straight through, be interesting to see what its like. Dont think the rear box is much of a restriction though.
  11. Very nice James You'll have to come to the Lakes next time me and Amanda go see Andrew properly
  12. Giulietta - 2.0 JTDM-2
  13. A lot of modern V8s can do this as its very easy to cycle just 4 cylinders and make it a 4 pot. I think a few of the big yank tanks do this. All F1 cars now do this too, apparently some of them can run on cycling even less cylinders I'm sure they said yesterday in qualifying.
  14. Not heard of any problems. TBH it will be the same as the HR engine 350z's and I've not heard problems with them either. Doesnt mean you've been not been unfortunate and got a bad sensor. So long as the dip stick says you have plenty of oil then its all good, just get them to replace it under warranty. Just keep an eye on the dipstick and around the engine for oil leaks.
  15. White roadster is a lovely combo No clunk for the 7AT I think the Zed gearbox can be a bit "manly" if you are used to more modern gearboxes which are very vague. It gives very definate feedback of engagement. Just think of it as a proper gearbox
  16. But we can only handle like an hour
  17. Not a fan of Mercs for some reason. Cant put a reason to it, just dont like them. Looking at an Alfa atm, got one for the evening/night on Wednesday
  18. 3 or 20 for me. +1 on the tyre pressure
  19. Whoop whoop We're off for some Grizedale training tomorrow - although not really any hills around here
  20. Very good Dont forget to wax it
  21. Cant really go wrong with AG SRP. I'd first swap out EGP for Dodo Supernatural and then when you're out of AG SRP, give Dodo Lime Prime a go. As said above there is stuff more special, but Dodo is about the limit I put on a price for good wax and polish, after that its seriously diminishing returns for the cost.
  22. 370z definately uses no fuel as the real time gauge goes off the scale! Given the 350z isnt a whole lot different, I would say its the same
  23. A new rim and spokes for £200? I only paid 100 quid more for a pair of Stans Arch on Hope Pro IIs Still thats a good saving you've made for her bike
  24. You know what I mean Not after something amazing to drive, but something ok. My old Leon FR (old 1.8T) was a barge when it came to handling! Was quickish, but not in the leque of the Zed. Leons are a great car, but for the cost now, I think there might be better to be hand, hence why I asked. The Alfa looks a lot better, interior is better, so if the handling is beter, we have a winner
  25. All Fiat engines these days so no more issues on that side. See I've heard that this is the best Alfa for a long time going by the reviews. Will make my mind up when I drive it. Interior certainly seems up to scratch. The problem is the Leon FR is just as expensive as the Alfa! And going by my previus Leon FR and the missus Ibiza, they are great cars, but it takes all of 6 months before they rattle like mad. Which is fine when they are cheap, but not when they cost the same as an Alfa!! No good deals on atm with SEAT which is a shame as we would have probably got one already if they did. We thought we'd check out Alfa just to see what they are like because they arent any more expensive for what we are looking at. Not really after anything that drives well, thats what the 370 is for, this is more a nice daily driver that we can take the bikes out with as I will be car sharing with the missus soon so only running one car really. Want something thats fun to drive, but also confortable and good space for biking crap.
×
×
  • Create New...