Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Is that for the G37 or G37S? When I asked how much the S was last time it was a good 3-4k more than the 370z when fully specc'd and a 370z now costs north of £35k when specc'd
  2. Take the cubby out of the dash and take it into Halfords. Test fit them onsite
  3. I must live in an amazingly quiet area as a year older than that and with only 1yrs NCB mine was only £800. I also remember thinking it would go down the next year when I was 25 but nooo, went up about £50
  4. Tell em to fook off and that its irrelevant. If an insurance company wants to be supplied by multiple brokers they have to expect that they may get some quotes that are already underwritten by themselves. Just tough titties tbh! And from the brokers point of view its losing them business as you cant now use them!
  5. +1, dont think I ever need to get my foot right to the floor to be getting max acceleration, the car is already giving it full beans before the pedal is all the way down. Hill start works by itself, no user interaction is required. Not sure it works in reverse, but I know there was a thread where a member was really annoyed with it kicking in when he moved about on his drive.
  6. Admiral are usually the best when it comes to young drivers TBH. I got my 350z when I was 24 and it was about £800 all in with my mum on the insurance to bring down the cost (she did drive it, honest Mr Insurance man). Try out forum traders Livingstone Warman - viewforum.php?f=172 - they have been getting good feedback recently.
  7. Stillen gives the car the perfect sound IMO - very akin to a Nismo exhuast on the 350z. You wont be dissapointed
  8. Chris`I

    Dodgy Carbon?

    My thoughts exactly! But we obviously cant do everything and also there still has to be decent demand for it otherwise it's pointless for us to make it rite. There will be plenty of demand for brake/battery covers and surrounds, rear strut bar covers, engine covers etc so long as you get the price right. Also a front lip would sell well as would the front apron cover thing (goes at the bottom of the grille).
  9. Chris`I

    New Jag!

    Looked at the article before reading any of the comments, and that's exactly what I thought!! +1 - but didnt an Aston designer join Jag not so long ago when the Jags started to look like Astons? Looks great - hope they can deliver on the price front - I can see a specced up one going for a lot more than £50k considering all the Alu parts it has and nicities in the cabin etc. I'm sure I read that Nissan/Infinit have a similar auto gearbox that they've mated a leccy motor to for the same kind of effect as this and its "KERS".
  10. I want the new Exposure Diabolo for commuting - blind those damn car drivers
  11. I never really found one that I really liked, just did a few trials of different software. I did use a program called DashCommand, but that was for real time display on my carpc. On my laptop I had ScanXL which was the bigger brother of DashCommand. Give them a google and see if you like them. Also check out mp3car.com, I havent been on there in years, but they do all things carpc so will have the latest and greatest software linked on there.
  12. I've got a eBay ELM327 USB. Worked well on the 350z, and seems to connect to the 370z too. I should work on any OBDII/EODB car.
  13. Cool -I'll take a look. Havent looked at any form of modelling for a few years since my MSc, so it might not make any sense these days
  14. Chris`I

    Dodgy Carbon?

    Basically I think most people want everything thats already done - but done properly Some 370z pieces would be nice too
  15. Just Googled Baysia and cant find anything - what is it? I'm assuming its some kind of nerual net program? Having worked in business intelligence for a few years at very large data producers (telco's, news providers, payment processors) that seems far too easy. If that can handle the millions of claims a year that an insurer sees, then you need to get on and sell it to them. The ROI to them would be massive. Dont underestimate the poor state that their database will be in. You'd need to do a hell of a lot of data cleansing, conformation and aggregation before you can even think of putting it into a neural net or even a plain old data miner. I do agree they should put the effort in though
  16. I hate each and every one of you ... a lot ... and then a bit more So jealous we couldnt come this year, will definately be making it next time, it looks like a great time. Currently peeing it down in Reading
  17. I would bet on the latter too. As you know working in stats, its costs a hell of a lot of money to come up with working logic for this stuff. To build and train a nerual network would cost far more than they would get back from having accurate risk models. And they would need a lot of good clean data to drive it and allow it to learn and adapt. Its not even just the pure number of claims they'd need to run the model, its the breadth of information about each claim too. It makes far more sense to have a crude and rudamentry system that keeps their quote about the same as the competition based on a few basic facts and have a bit of wiggle room that should someone want to be price matched, they can easily do it.
  18. Ians was a fair bit louder than a K1 - but sounded a lot nicer
  19. Popcharger - gives a nice roar but drops some engine power (not convinced of this myself when out on the road, but on dyno it definately heat soaks) and perhaps some throttle response Standard Airbox - no noise but gives better throttle response and gives a bit more engine power than stock
  20. Speak to Ian, he is the single exit master
  21. No idea what the connections are. I just know that ribbon cables like to be seated properly and if they move they can do that kind of thing. If they are glued though they shouldnt have moved
  22. iGo is the software Nurrish used for Nav, but I think a lot of those little devices came with it too. It could be someone did the same as Nurrish and dismantled a unit to fit it like he did - or it could be an actual Nurrish prepped system. Looks to me like the connection to the screen has gone. Does it change if you move the ribbon cable? If it does then it will be the connection. If it doesnt it could still be the connection, you'd need to locate the ribbon cable connectors and try to seat them again. They can be quite delicate as it just claps the ribbon cable in and it might have just pulled out a little. If that doesnt fix it then it might be broken completely.
  23. Take it he didnt work out how to fix it then? Should have taken the bridge like we did last time
  24. Chris`I

    P1 for a 370Z

    Yes I checked with Nissan GB when I got the car and this was their email reply: "I can confirm that when you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership within its service schedule (12 months or 9,000 miles which ever comes first) your Nissan 370Z gets 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance. Every time you have your Nissan 370Z serviced at a Nissan dealership your Nissan 370Z will get another 12 months RAC Roadside Assistance cover. The RAC Roadside Assistance cover is registered to the vehicle itself and not the owner. Should you decide to sell the vehicle the RAC Roadside Assistance cover will go with the vehicle." Do you know if that covers EU matey, or is it just UK? Need to dig out my docs. Sure I heard someone say it was EU somewhere around here. Just to confirm - it is for the EU, and you get a little renewal bit of info on the jobsheet/reciept. Found it tonight and gives the number to phone on it if you have trouble
×
×
  • Create New...