-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
^^ Much more modern. Love the way mine look at night.
-
Look's great Keith.
-
Reads ok. Marzman if the engine runs I'm sure you will have more chance of a quick sale at the price you're after ~ as you say in the advert it "may" just be the battery needs replacing can you not try jump starting it or trying a new battery? I know you say it may be the starter as well but if you try the easier option of a battery & can say that you've got the engine running again then I'm sure buyers will be more interested.
-
^^ Very nice mods and love the carbon Z decal surround with black "Z".
-
There is no one answer Matt. As Ian said for some people it's just the fun of the build so once that's done you might as well sell up & move onto the next project. Other reasons; Want something that is....insert their choice. E.g. faster, more economical, turbo'd/supercharged/V8, more doors, more space, less "boy racer", want convertible, don't want convertible, diesel, electric, etc etc. Wife's having a baby ~ we're getting divorced ~ she/he's making them do it ~ getting a dog. Fancy something different ~ had the car for long time ~ just not the car I thought it was ~ can't drive rwd/fwd/4wd properly? There is something wrong with it that.... I can't afford to fix ~ won't fix ~ don't know how to fix. Always changes car yearly. Someone offers a price they can't refuse. Don't like; the colour, shape, interior, manual gears, automatic box etc Change in circumstances; lost job, got new job, company car, midlife crisis etc Everyone's got their own reasons for doing it when they decide it's time.
-
My 350z Race Car Project from Velociraptor Racing
GMballistic replied to VRRacing's topic in Member Build Projects
There could be some interest in those bit's definitely. The rear Z strut bar cover (silver bit with "Z" emblem) could be used by someone wanting to get the part dipped (water transfer printed) and the airbags, pre-tensioners etc may be of interest to someone repairing a crashed 350Z. Once you've posted enough & been on here long enough you can advertise them for free on here but until then you could always try eBay. -
Brazilian New Member
GMballistic replied to Giovane S Durante's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome aboard Giovane. Potential owners guide here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ Some history about the 350Z here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77967-nissan-350z-history-including-upgrades/ Is that price right though? $45,000 US so about £29,000 in UK pounds? -
Squeak on cold start up how do I know if its the pulleys or fan belt?
GMballistic replied to Randy_Baton's topic in Servicing
Imo don't put WD40 on your belts please Randy. It will only temporarily stop any squeaking noise you are hearing & may in fact cause the belt to slip even more in the long term. It will also increase the chance of the belt deteriorating quicker as it is petroleum based product. Just adjust the belt tightness if you can which should solve the problem as you say the belts aren't that old & shouldn't need replacing. Never done belt adjustment on the Zed myself so sure someone else will pop along soon to tell you what to undo/tighten. -
Oh ****. Rear-ended by old lady in West London this afternoon.
GMballistic replied to dajw's topic in 370z General
That really sucks as I know how much you love that Zed dajw but as you say at least nobody is hurt. Tbh looking at the damage I think you've been lucky there. I mean you never know until parts start coming off & you can inspect the hidden areas but still I should think that will be an easy repair job & back on the road again pretty soon. -
Look's good Mikey and it's got a few mods already done to it that I can see (adjustable damper shocks/coilovers & ZunSport grille) which is a bonus. Hope you enjoy it.
-
About 90 minutes of your life you'll never get back... Lol.
-
Gutted for you Gary but hopefully Alex will sort you out & it will be back to as good as new in no time.
-
Fair enough, maybe being a true dual helps with the flow? I get a bit of rasp with my Nismo, but nothing too bad once it heats up. The berks will also soot up after a few 1000 miles which will help with the rasp. I think being true dual definitely helps with flow so could be why I didn't get any noticeable rasp, ...or my hearings f**ked. The sound always settles down after exhausts/Cats etc bed in which for some people is a blessing & others find it disappointing.
-
That is all.
-
As I said I experienced no rasp or drone with my set up using the Invidia Gemini & Berks but if you can stretch budget wise to the Ark system or Motordyne though that's what I'd do. Not that the Invidia isn't good or loud it's just that the other two are probably going to be a tad louder so if that's what your after then that's the way I'd go. My Invidia is plenty loud enough for me but then I have Berks De-Cats now which significantly changes it from the way it used to sound with the Berks HFC's I used to run.
-
^^ Don't agree with all of that Paddy. I used to have Berks HFC's with a full Invidia Gemini exhaust system and I had no rasp or drone at all.
-
Didn't watch the whole video tbh as I could tell within the first few minutes that it would just annoy me. Just smart a**e scum bags who think they know it all again. I'd never dream of speaking to the Police like that but for some reason they think it's acceptable. If they did that to some of the foreign Police in other countries they'd get a good slap which although in itself is not necessarily right to do, some of these people deserve one.
-
I'd try Clark Motorsport if I was you. Got some rocker covers & other OEM parts from them at significantly lower prices than Nissan Dealerships. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/ Link: http://www.clarkmotorsport.co.uk/makes/Nissan+350Z
-
^^ Love those two Ceejay. Very nice.
-
Fair point. That's something I don't have to worry about as my Invidia has all metal connections/sliding metal joints with springs instead of any flexi joints. Still don't often see De-Cats with those bracket mounts as the weight of them is a lot less than standard Cats so I believe most manufacturers don't have them on. Looking at Tarmac Sportz website I can't see any for our DE model Zeds ~ only the HFC's have them as they weigh more. If you can find any put a link up so Jakeey has the option if he wants them with brackets.
-
My 350z Race Car Project from Velociraptor Racing
GMballistic replied to VRRacing's topic in Member Build Projects
Did you weigh the sound deadening material? Pretty sure that would surprise you as I remember seeing one member who weighed a bag full of the stuff he had removed from his car & I'm sure it was a few Kg's itself. -
These are the one's I have which are great quality, have extra O2 bungs for mounting wideband O2 sensors if you want to run AFR gauges at any point and have extended O2 sensors to try & avoid O2 sensor errors (although they can still occur). I bought mine from "gtschris" on eBay but they are also available from "Tarmac Sportz" if he has any in stock. Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Berk-Technology-Nissan-350z-350-z-Decat-Exhaust-Pipes-Test-Pipes-De-Cat-G35-/141506074943?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20f26b593f I don't find them raspy or anything similar with my Invidia Gemini exhaust system but then I'm supercharged so that may make a difference. I don't think the brackets HAMLNJ mentions is necessary and tbh you will be hard pressed to find De-Cats with the brackets from what I've seen. I know they are on the Berks De-Cats for the 2007/08 350Z but I haven't seen them on any DE model De-Cats. Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=6c57854b-9046-445b-819f-94422f204a2b
-
That's not a bad thing though