Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Re: The spark plugs. My understanding is that the metal in the spark plug is there for the purpose of channeling the electric current from the wire in the plug to the engine block in the form of a spark. I believe copper is a more conductive material than iridium or platinum and also doesn't overheat as much as I'm lead to believe the other two materials do. So: Copper spark plugs Upside = More conductive, less likely to overheat meaning less chance of poor spark. Downside = Need changing more often (in my experience though you can always re-gap them to make them last a little longer ). Iridium & platinum spark plugs Upside = Last much longer than copper with iridium having the longest lifespan & best performance. Downside = Less conductive & more susceptible to overheating. Not sure what Nissan recommend for the VQ35 but would be interested to know what Mark, Ricky & Alex make on the subject in between helping solve simmo's issues.
  2. Yep seen it but still love it. Great insight into the 350.
  3. Welcome aboard.
  4. Got a few bottles of E-liquid which will probably last me till the following weekend so I'll get some of that Mothers Milk to try when I'm in the E-cig shop next I think. Like a lot of vapour liquids.
  5. Same here - they quoted me in the region of £1700 for the zed, more than double what I paid with admiral last year! insurers dont seem to follow any logic that i can see i got a really good quote from them with the rear mount turbo so will be going with them at renewall in may +1. I'm currently with Adrian Flux and the price for my insurance with them (supercharger mods declared) was cheaper than my renewal price from my old insurance company for a standard Zed. Always worth ringing around come renewal time for the best price but hopefully I'll be sticking with them again providing they beat the competitions prices.
  6. +1. RIP.
  7. I believe that was headed up by that silly bint Kirsty Allsop wasnt It, who had just moved to the area! Can't remember tbh but I wouldn't put it past her from some of the other stupid things that woman has said & done.
  8. Signed. I remember Castle Combe had the same issue some years ago after certain new to the area residents complained over noise levels from the circuit. I wrote a letter to the local area MP and also signed a petition back then. I mean Castle Combe circuit for example has been there for over 50 years!! Not like it just sprung up over night & started making noise. The residents knew this was the case when they moved in so it's tough sh*t if they don't like it.
  9. 12 confirmed dead now Harry unfortunately.
  10. Mikky if you go on "Autotrader" you can add preferences for a search. So for example if your car is a manual gearbox 2003 Nissan 350Z GT with 80K miles you can add all of that into the search criteria then list the results priced high to low to give you a rough idea of market value for your car going from same age cars with similar miles/service history/extras etc. That's what I'd do anyway. Good luck with the sale.
  11. Happy Birthday both.
  12. 1. glrnet x2 2. GMballistic x1 3. Grundy225 x1 (Might have 2 ) 4. Keyser x1 5. Veeg33 x1 6. Scott_f91 x1 7.Andy James x2 8. Dunks x1 9. 14N x1 10. Sam McGoo 11. Mikeyazure x1 12. DoogyRev x1 13. Stoker11 x 1 14. Paddy78 x 1 15. tatooandy67 x 1 16.Gixxeruk x 1 17.Crb x 1 18. Steve916 x 1 19. SuperStu x2 20. Bizz 21. Wendy x 1 22. mrt x 1 23. 350zedd x 1 24.martinmac x 5 25. eatonm90 26. Kev T 27. Mudman 28. JetSet 29. Payco X 2 30. KyleR 31. Shezza x 1 32. Mike_89 33. Buster X1 34.richard.hezlett x1 35.Flex x1 36. Ebized x 1 37. ChrisS x1 38. Vlad x 1 39. Rothers2901 x 2 40.Humpy x1 41. Madmarky x1 42.ianphampton x 1 43. Clark Motorsport x 1 44. terry06 x1 45. Martybhoy 46. Jp606 x 1 47. Jimboy2 x 1 48. Harryjax x1 49. Lyndzzz x1 50.Pritchard 51. MBS x1 52. ballardpaul x1 53. Firkindolloper x 1 54. -350-Ed- x1 55. ap427 x1 56. Alf x1 57. jimmy.farrow7 x1 58. AmyZed x1 59. 60.
  13. Yeah I thought the same thing! haha.. I loved how all of us parked the wrong way.. like we were in a car show on display lol! Z owners sure are a proud crowd. The 300ZX's license plate was custom.. and just said "Z32".. epic he got that one, imo. Even somewhat dirty/daily drivers -- these cars really show how timeless the Z design is.. 25 years of car design there. To me the 300ZX looks every bit as 'modern' as the others. I see the 300ZX as the Dad,.. my 2008 350Z as the Older brother.. and the 370 as the younger brother. (The 370's aren't "old enough" to be the 350's kid) Nice analogy.
  14. Honestly I think a Blue Peter presenter could have done a better job, ...even with just Fisher Price scissors & paper mache to work with.
  15. Think that should cover it.
  16. Hard to judge but looking at the roof heights in comparison to the brick wall they all look pretty similar levels to me. Give or take a few mm's maybe.
  17. Have a look through this thread when you've time. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31503-inspirational-350zs-pictures-only-please-guys/ Some amazing Zeds in it.
  18. GMballistic

    EPR nuts?

    They look great in the packet Bobby, ....sure they're going to look miles better though when they're on the Zed.
  19. I agree with you on this. There is a road locally here that I drive on my way to my Mrs parents house. When it rains heavy enough it tends to flood on both sides of the road for a good mile or so. Pedestrians have no choice but to walk along the pavements past the massive puddles with some inconsiderate drivers soaking them. Seen one tw*t drench a mother & child in a pram, ...who the f**k thinks that's funny. People should learn to empathise with others more ~ just think would you like someone doing that to you? what about your mother? or pregnant wife maybe?!
  20. That look's like so much fun. Very cool video Will, ...thanks for sharing.
  21. Awaiting tunnel clips.
  22. Welcome aboard Adam. Potential owners/new members guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ 350Z service schedule: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/
×
×
  • Create New...