Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Those are all Hebrew names
  2. Surely SteBlock is better?
  3. You can just replace the bush if thats the problem, but if its the ball joint then thats more difficult. I have one new bush here if you're interested
  4. I don't believe it's documented anywhere that the plate has to be plastic. Just states reflective standards to be met and lettering/font details/spacing etc.
  5. Religion, of any flavour, is not a theory. Pinched from Wiki, as that explains it better than my effort: A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. Absolutely none of that applies to religion. It is faith, based upon nothing tangible but (usually) what you told as a little kid. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that the massive majority of people have their faith chosen for them when they are young, as opposed to choosing it for themselves. Bizarrely they quickly discover that neither the Tooth Fairy nor Santa Claus are real, but continue to believe in the presence of an omnipotent being. The irony being of course that both the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus are very real and very provable, just keep an eye open in the night for when your parents come in! Would I call someone stupid or thick or choosing to believe? No, I wouldn't. Would I think it? Well, I certainly would struggle to put them at the top of Dan's List Of Smart People, put it that way. That said, each to their own. Apologies if this link has already been posted, but again it sums it up far better than I ever could. I understand what makes a scientific theory, a theory as we know it, but the reason it's a theory is because it hasn't been proven or can not be proven, otherwise it would be a scientific law. Religion/gods etc also can not be proven or disproven and all the "evidence" we have is a very old book made up of many other books/writings. Anyway, my point is not to support religion, as I don't believe in it myself, but it had it's place in history and making the world what it is today. It's not perfect, but who knows what state we'd be in without it. Changing the education system and beliefs of billions of people doesn't happen overnight and will take several generations to filter out of the mainstream. My only problem is people on their high horses calling those who have faith names and having a superiority complex because they believe they are smarter because they have no faith. It's pathetic really.
  6. There is so much rubbish being thrown around in this thread that it just shows how stupid and gullible the public are. People hear of one group of a religion believing something and therefore think that they all think that way. And just to throw a spanner in the works here, evolution, the big bang etc etc are all theories, not fact. Guess what else is a theory. Religion. Those people calling those who have faith, those who are believers, idiots/stupid/thick etc need to take a long hard look at themselves and get off their "superior" high horse. By the way, i'm not a believer, I have no faith in a religion, but I respect those who do because it's their choice, not yours.
  7. KyleR

    Flashy Lights

    You're missing the point. It can be difficult in certain situations to see how hard the car in front is braking. If the brake light flashes when the anchors are put on, then this will indicate to the person following that the person in front is braking harder than normal.
  8. KyleR

    BHP

    296 actually Anyway, yes, 276bhp up until early 2006 (except for ltd edition GT4 in 2005 with had 296bhp) 2006 facelift cars have 296bhp and 2007-2009 cars have 309 bhp. These are sometimes each referred to as 280, 300 or 313 models which refer to the PS rather than BHP. These model years are not set in stone as sometimes cars are registered late and then if you don't know what you're looking for, you'll end up buying an early model for facelift money.
  9. Looks pretty bad and I've a feeling it'll be written off because of the rear quarter damage in particular. Thats not all bad news, though, you can always buy it back and fix it with the left over money and still have enough left over for a nice holiday
  10. Haha, it'll be fine, aftermarket exhausts don't have heat shields.
  11. Very nice! Took me a while to establish why your bay looks so much better than mine (we are at a similar stage), but then the penny dropped. The horizontal black plastic strip; it looks so much better colour coded and really finishes off the bay nicely. Can't imagine that was easy to spray! IMO the throttle body is the best part of that bay. The small details really make the difference.
  12. I assume you mean your back box? Just rip it off, you don't need it (the heat shield, not the back box )
  13. Usually they drill a hole in your arch to get in to it, then fill it back in.
  14. So it appears to happen when extra pressure/weight is put on the front wheels? Could be bearings?
  15. KyleR

    Which HID

    No its a 2006 UK GT. Headlights are still pants.. :scare: Not you Will, I mean the OP lol
  16. KyleR

    Which HID

    I assume you have an Import then?
  17. I always recline my seat and will continue to do so. I buy a ticket for that plane which enables me to do so if the equipment allows. If the people behind me don't like it they can ensure they get extra legroom seats from that point forward
  18. Sounds typical of the rubbish EPR sell to be honest.
  19. Why unused?
  20. Wait, why are people taking V6 engined cars to rotary specialists? Do people take their RX7's to BMW too? Also, why did they need 2 tubes of Molyslip? And why did they charge £15+VAT for a £12 item. Another point is that used the wrong gearbox and diff fluid and I'm betting the wrong grade Shell oil too. Thankfully I don't live in the south or wherever these guys are and therefore will never need to use them
  21. Yeah I thought that, some really stupid professions on there. It's nothing too important, I'll tell her she will need to find someone else to sign - But I think it's a bit stupid with the occupation requirement as you need to know the person for min 2 years before signing - What if she doesn't know any of the above ? Most people in the uk will know either: A doctor, dentist or optician Although this is true, do you really think a doctor is going to go to court with you to sign some document? Personally I think these lists are pathetic, especially when travel agent is one it. I think you've missed the point of the form. It's so you DON'T have to go to court... Yup, missed that I still stand by the fact that the whole thing is stupid. I've heard of people going to their MP to get these things signed, but surely the fact that you can pay someone you don't know to sign it, invalidates the whole procedure?
  22. Found it It's in settings in my profile. Every day's a school day!
  23. If there is an option it should be more visible because I can't see anything about notifications
  24. Testing 1 2 3? Working?
  25. Yeah I thought that, some really stupid professions on there. It's nothing too important, I'll tell her she will need to find someone else to sign - But I think it's a bit stupid with the occupation requirement as you need to know the person for min 2 years before signing - What if she doesn't know any of the above ? Most people in the uk will know either: A doctor, dentist or optician Although this is true, do you really think a doctor is going to go to court with you to sign some document? Personally I think these lists are pathetic, especially when travel agent is one it.
×
×
  • Create New...