Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Aww, thats sad
  2. Think you might be in the wrong thread, mate
  3. I found mine touched the plenum also and thats with a plenum spacer and spacers for the strut to accommodate the plenum spacer. I didn't have the car long enough after all this was fitted to do anything about it, but I'd be looking to add another 5mm of spacers to each strut bolt.
  4. Absolute scum of the earth, but £9k? Nah.
  5. The colour in the logbook is subject to the opinion of the guy who first registers it at the Nissan dealership, this is why there is a bit of variation, especially with silver/grey cars. After all, gun metal is simply a dark silver
  6. Hope those bellends at the start got parking tickets Zed sounded awesome!!
  7. Can a 1.0 Micra actually do 100?
  8. Threads posting links to ebay by members trying to sell there Zed who haven't passed 100 posts or been members for a minimum of 6 months will have the thread deleted ​Spelt 'their' wrong
  9. Pfft, I reverse park, I don't need to look at the rear
  10. Fanny pads come in different sizes and colours too?
  11. Still not as ugly as this rear end...
  12. Alright, I'll give you that one, I might have got sidetracked by the whole "Admiral are ****" thing. As far as I'm aware it's not government mandated, is it? I know it has been mooted on and off for a while now, but I'm unaware of this being put through. Certainly in my experience it's only Admiral that automatically enrol in the auto-renewal scheme - I'm aware of others that offer the service but it's opt in, not opt out like Admiral (who will systematically ignore your opting out for as long as they can). My issue is not with auto-renewal per se anyway, it's the way Admiral conduct the "service". Or rather the way Admiral make every effort to force it upon you, despite your expressed refusal, and the way they will often take advantage of that with their renewal quotes. If a decent insurance company ran the service properly, I might even use it. Neither of these sentiments apply to Admiral though. And to your final point; they didn't, because I am. It didn't stop Admiral from trying though! Axa do the same thing, they auto renew also, but onto of that, the stores and online/telephone companies are basically ran separate. Last year the other half got her renewal through the post from the local branch and phoned the call centre to see if they could better it, they did, but in doing that she ended up with 2 policies because the store automatically renewed her policy even though she took the deal from the call centre. Joke!
  13. If I had money to burn, not as in disposable income, but as in lottery rich, I'd love to give this a go. Stick 10-15k into the engine and see whats possible, but as a normal working class person, I could never justify it, no matter how much i'd love to. I had my car almost complete, all I needed was some suspension pieces before the inevitable happened and I would begin thinking about gaining power figures. And do you know what I did next? I SOLD the car! For the same money or possibly less than I would have spent in buying the zed, modifying it for the previous 2 years and then finally building the engine, I bought a 500hp V10 which will lose very little money over the next few years compared to the 50%+ I would have lost on building the engine. My point is - if you're loaded and money gushing from your pockets then by all means, give it a go, I'd love to see figures, but for the normal working class, it is genuinely a massive waste of money. If you need/want more power, sell up and add a couple of grand to the selling price and buy an e46 M3, or add the full £8+ and buy an e60 m5 or something, much better way to spend your cash
  14. Posted afterwards and liked by 3 people: Am I the only person who got it the first time? Anyway, I reckon it was a female owner who's husband was just trying to silencer. Some people just need spoon fed
  15. Just wait 'till we find out what possibly lethal toxins have been released into the area!
  16. CAT B Because of blood? I doubt it. Must be a typo?
  17. Maybe he's quoting £180 labour and you bring your own fluids?
  18. Good condition OEM will cost you about £800, lower if they're a bit banged up. But you can get Chinese DEPO lights off US eBay for about £300-350.
  19. I wish I hadn't of commented now
  20. Can't view
  21. Sorry bud, don't like the sides, looks a bit too "Ripspeed" for me. Apart from that it looks great
  22. I opened this thread thinking it was about noise
  23. 35 is fine. If you find you're not comfortable with that after trying it out, let a couple of PSI out and try again. 35 really isn't that much, so I'm sure it'll be fine.
  24. Thanks. So you leave the original ballast in and fit a new one as well?! Ignore that, not only is it a botched job, but you also can't do it because the ignitor lead from the ballast passes through the headlight from the top of the ballast attached to the light and to the bulb. So it is actually not possible to simply attach another ballast and plug it in, unless you leave the cap that protects the back of the bulb off.
  25. Bumper is a 10 minute job the first time you remove it, the headlight is held in with only 4 bolts, so pretty easy and not too time consuming to do yourself. Do it nice or do it twice
×
×
  • Create New...