-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
[SOLD] Dual 10" Fiberglas under strut Subwoofer box
KyleR replied to simon da silva's topic in For Sale
Go away, it's mine, pending price -
Don't know exactly which clips those are as i've yet to tear about the rear trim, but I've bought the popper clips for the top of the bumper and the other black poppers that appear to hold 90% of the car together on eBay for ridiculously cheap prices.
-
What was the previous Z4 you had engine wise?
-
is thus normal? - clutch pressed for a inch with engaging?
KyleR replied to timb2010's topic in 350Z General
Very common, I think it's the slave cylinder going. Hopefully someone more certain will pop on in a second to inform us -
Can I get MacBook Air 13" quality but for less?
KyleR replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It'll be well broke in 3 years, probably taking 5-10 minutes to boot up ? really? Ever touched a good spec laptop? Mac's are always very out of date with hardware, have limited programs, very restricted in use. The only good thing about them is the same thing as the iPhone. They are so heavily restricted that you can't do anything wrong, although you also can't do what you want, only what Apple will let you do. Hmmm same argument with Android, haha I can change almost ANYTHING!!!! Then 99.9% of people change nothing The 5-10 minute boot up comment was designed to get a rise, with SSDs now even a clogged up PC can boot in seconds.... Yeah SSD#s were funny when they came out.. I had an OCZ one pretty much as soon as SSD's existed. Went to PC World about a year later and looked at the mac's for a laugh. The sales guy spent an hour telling me how the next gen mac was coming out in a few months and it had a SSD and it was the first computer in the world to have one and they were developed just for mac's and you couldn't run them in any other PC. The look on his face when I told him that my PC was a year old, already had a SSD twice the size and my year old PC specs were far better than what the new mac had to offer and cost half the price a year in advance. I love my OCZ, recently installed one in a mate's new laptop, makes such a difference once you battle past "modern interface". PC World guys crack me up, I'd be surprised if they could tell you if a toaster can heat a bagel You're right about the specs though they do lag behind, strange that they feel so much snappier to use. Must be OSX. From what I understand, OSX is effectively a firmware rather than a typical operating system which runs on a bios. This means that OSX uses much less RAM and processing power to operate when compared to a Windows device, therefor leaving more resources available to run various programs -
The front would sit 5mm further in, the rear would be about 2mm further out, so still 20/25mm spacers needed all round to make them sit well.
-
Can I get MacBook Air 13" quality but for less?
KyleR replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
It'll be well broke in 3 years, probably taking 5-10 minutes to boot up Anyway Ian, ignore all the bootcamp gibberish, unless you need certain programs which are only available for windows, there is no reason to use it. I haven't used/set up bootcamp since I made the leap to iOS. -
Can I get MacBook Air 13" quality but for less?
KyleR replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
But how often do you use a drive these days, I have had my mac mini over a year and never connected it to a CD/DVD drive, I have a 32GB memory stick for moving files I agree, I was going to add that in but was lazy For me it's one if those things I want, even if I don't use it often. Mine hasn't been used much since I got it when I fed all my music CDs into it. Kind of like electronic damper adjustment for Tein coil overs, I'd use it once to get it set up and probably never again, still want it though -
Can I get MacBook Air 13" quality but for less?
KyleR replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Another thing to add since your budget has escalated I personally wouldn't got he MB Air route, simple because there is no CD/DVD drive. The rest of the Air is awesome and I love how slim and light it is, but the lack of a built in drive is annoying. -
I'm after the 2 covers that are located over two bolts up by the wipers. These ones No idea where they went or when they were off, I just know I want them Already tried Alex and a few on here who have breaking adds. No idea why anyone would have any spare, but here's hoping Kyle
-
Can I get MacBook Air 13" quality but for less?
KyleR replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I made the move from PC to Mac in 2008 and I'll never go back. They just work and keep on working, which is why a 3 year old laptop or desktop mac sells for about 65%+ of its original value. I'm only on my second MacBook in 5 years and the only reason I got a new one was because I smashed the first ones screen to bits and house insurance got me a new one. I know people and from my own experience, after 2 years max of decent usage you need to either upgrade 60% of the internals of a PC desktop or buy a new laptop, however not heard of anyone "having" to upgrade their Mac due to it slowing down. I guess it's kind of like tyres, buy falkens/kumho etc and change them every 18 month - 2 years, or spend the extra at the start and buy Michelin PSS and they'll last longer as well giving you the extra grip. So basically what I'm trying to say is - DO IT NICE, OR DO IT TWICE!! -
Small box, big noise He probably has HFCs or decats then as just a scorpion backbox will not be raspy Yeah he had decats, that's what ruined it Decats will be raspy with pretty much any exhaust on a Zed, HFCs also, some like the sound, some don't all personal preference.... I put a Pop Charger on which covered up most of the rasp anyway Don't mean to argue but he has the pop charger, decats, toyo y pipe and the scorpion back box. He even admitted he made a rushed decision he regrets As Dave said, personal preference
-
They're almost certainly heavier than OEM, 0.5" wider front and 1.5" on the rear, that's a good couple of kg per wheel, plus another kg for each spacer adds up to quite a lot. You'll be looking for an offset of about +20mm for a 9.5" front and 10.5" rear, +10mm for 8.5"/9.5" ideally but +20mm will look ok.
-
A tad ironic, yes, but Rita don't claim to be something they're not and put Ray's etc on their wheels. They also test the wheels for safety, something I doubt the Chinese copies do.
-
Pretty much all induction kits will lose power on an NA motor. But we're talk 1 BHP here and it's worth it for the noise. If you remap you'll get the lost pony back, but then if you remapped with the very well designed OEM box with a high flow filter and velocity stack you'll earn a few.
-
Clear indicators would make the world of a difference, get onto it Awesome motor though
-
Chris, weren't you talking to Scorpion a while back about them changing the tips to allow a rolled option?
-
Asking price dropped to £13k. It hasn't changed on eBay but he mentions it at the bottom.
-
I will try and find a safe private piece of land, that did make chuckle but yeah think that is the best option. Could it only be the button then? if it is knackered That end bit was supposed to read "and I'm betting the button it fooked" It could be, I guess it depends on if the tcs is on it not
-
Better option. Find a safe private piece of land and try to make the car do a doughnut, if you succeed the tcs is off but then there should be 2 lights on the rev counter. If you don't succeed the tcs is on and I'm better your button is fooked.
-
I think they're a veilside copy.
-
haha I found myself doing a little air punch at the end there
-
If you know what you're doing, a rotary is fine, but not in combo with T-cut. The Zeds paints isn't that tough so t-cut would just melt through it.
-
And find out why he's selling after only 1 year. Probably tell you it doesn't get used or baby on the way as most people lie about
-
If the leather, wheels and paint is in good order as well as the service history being spot on at every 9k/1 year it's an ok price for a GT. should get it for £6k, though.