Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't. Hi Kyle. If your asking about the plastic cover over the nuts, then yes and no..out of the 6, 4 fitted OK and 2 I had to use a small bit of superglue, I could have spent another hour and filed them to fit, but time was pressing. I'm pleased with the result, look good at night as well. What did you use to blank off the indicator bulb holder ?. I found that a 10p fits it perfectly held in place with superglue. My holes were already blanked off with a perfectly fitting piece of round tape. You're caps seem similar to mine, only bothered squeezing the 4 in
  2. What did you think of the k-sport bags? Good ride etc?
  3. Is that a trick question lol? Maybe cause they come on the car! Haha most come with rays! What wheels you gonna run Dave? You'd be surprised how many Zeds are on the OEM wheels. No they're not the best looking in the world, but rays aren't the best looking either, very light though. So I think calling a couple of thousand people who have OEM rims on their car is a bit out of order? Ha! You're one to talk!! Everything you comment on is a dig at someone for buying something that you don't like! Think you have me mixed up with someone else! ... Yeah that must be it kyle I'm sure it is, WIlliam
  4. What he ^^^ said. However, you'll only need adjustable arms if you lower it more than about 20mm. So if you go Eibach springs, you'll need them, if you go coilovers, you may not depending how low you go. I just have springs at the moment (K-Sport 30mm drop) with eibach/SPC arms and I'm ok with the handling. It doesn't make it any worse and maybe marginally better, however with a coilover set up you'll be able to adjust more to suit your driving style.
  5. I'm not aware of any changes to the seats, but there should be a guide pin on the of the feet to line it all up? I think it's the inside rear.
  6. I have marks on mine from tyres being fitted, but they're on the inside so I don't really give a toss
  7. Is that a trick question lol? Maybe cause they come on the car! Haha most come with rays! What wheels you gonna run Dave? You'd be surprised how many Zeds are on the OEM wheels. No they're not the best looking in the world, but rays aren't the best looking either, very light though. So I think calling a couple of thousand people who have OEM rims on their car is a bit out of order? Ha! You're one to talk!! Everything you comment on is a dig at someone for buying something that you don't like! Think you have me mixed up with someone else!
  8. Is that a trick question lol? Maybe cause they come on the car! Haha most come with rays! What wheels you gonna run Dave? You'd be surprised how many Zeds are on the OEM wheels. No they're not the best looking in the world, but rays aren't the best looking either, very light though. So I think calling a couple of thousand people who have OEM rims on their car is a bit out of order?
  9. We won Video or it didn't happen
  10. Do the wee dust caps fit back on, on your set? Mine didn't.
  11. You may not have done anything - fitting it, but you did buy an exhaust that needs work done to it without checking it correctly first, so now you have to get it fixed and pay more money - a la doing it twice
  12. ^^ Thats American numbers which by default are lower than ours. I think they're 91 is similar to our super (about 98) so the 100 mentioned in that link would be like 110 octane, which is why there was such a difference in the plane. As for using super, it's not all about an extra pony or two or extra MPG, it's about detonation of the fuel in the chamber at X temperature. Different levels of fuel detonate at different temperatures, our cars from the factory are mapped to detonate at whatever temperature 98 RON does, and therefore running lower levels (and possibly significantly higher) causes the air/fuel mixture to ignite at the wrong point in the revolution and can destroy the engine. Thats how I read the situation anyway...
  13. Tradelink get all their cars serviced by Japex. Maybe they would be willing to have the engine stripped a bit to check condition? They're also a trader on here, both of them, so maybe sent them a PM? But in general, run away!
  14. Finally someone taking up K-Sport Whenever I win the lotto I'll be in touch for a BBK and coil overs
  15. What happened in the semi's????
  16. i like the sound of that! Thank you so much for the very good reply too! youve helped a treat 1 last noob question - coming from rotors i have no experience with a hefty v block .... whats the benefit of the true dual systems? Ben TBH - I'm no expert, but I think since there is a separate 2.5 - 3" pipe for each bank of 3 cylinders, it makes for a more free flowing exhaust and therefore an extra pony or 2 on a NA Zed compared for a 2 into 1 system. I really think it matters more so if you're charged, though.
  17. Just think of the extra £££ you would make . . . getting lost :lol: Unfortunately not here, only Belfast uses meters, so it'd just cost me a tank of fuel every other run
  18. KyleR

    what wheels???

    2nd looks like Halfords specials that weigh about 3.4 tons each. 1st are nice. Have you looked at the Rota range?
  19. I'd be an awful taxi driver, I get lost going to work
  20. +1 on the Wasso spacer too, just received mine today, it's sexy, well packed, comes with all new bolts and British made
  21. The Milltek with HFC/decat pipes is very popular on here, kind of OEM sounding until you open her up then it's bliss (apparently, i've not heard it) Cobra (resonated) is a very popular choice, good price (£425) for Y pipe back but the Y pipes have went up by about 40% to £275 I think. Similar to the Milltek only a little louder. Very good quality, british made and choice of tips. I myself have the Invidia Gemini which is true dual with a cross over pipe in the centre section. Choice of tips again but these include titanium style ones. Not heard it side by side with the Cobra but it has a nice note low down and roars when on full chat Price is pretty good at about £850 from our traders. I wouldn't touch Crapspeed with a bargepole after the negative reviews on here, too many fitting and quality issues. Scorpion is pretty similar to the Cobra I think, has a nicer large back box but only comes with slash cut tips, so depends if thats your thing or not. Price is a little cheaper than the Cobra at about £375. Thats all I can think of right about now, except for the Ark system which looks the dogs, and is similar to the Invidia I guess, but not heard it yet. Think the price is about £800. There are of course other options, but these are the most popular.
  22. Just some extra info, earlier on today I could see your signature, but still not pictures.
  23. BP is 97
  24. Another chargespeed I believe, but a replica modified to fit his mahoooosive exhaust tips. I couldn't chop up an original piece of art like this either.
  25. Have you tried switching the bulbs around? Try putting left in right and right in left just to make sure it's not a bulb problem.
×
×
  • Create New...