Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Not as far as I am aware, but a mile is shorter than you think.
  2. 2 good calls there, however I think the 5 series could handle it depending on the weight of the trailer. Is it expensive to do trailer tests in the south? I guess it is because everything bloody is
  3. You see, I would. I'd happily travel a bit to meet a buyer if I felt they were serious. But, at the same time i'd still rather see it start from cold. I bought my Zed when it was warm and I sold by motorbike when it was warm, no problems with either.
  4. KyleR

    Sun strips

    They can be solid, but they can only be so big. I think it's a percentage of the window. Not a fan of them anyway.
  5. KyleR

    GOODIES :)

    So is the spring resting on this thing instead of the top mount, so to speak? Then when it wants to raise, it expands putting pressure on the spring and top mount, expanding the damper, lifting the car? Hmmm, does that sound healthy for a damper to be under the full load of the car and stretched?
  6. What tyres you running? I've had mine in similar conditions to that and it was fine. I do however have 19's and 275 rear tyres, maybe that helped a bit.
  7. Yep, he did say it wasn't an HR in the OP.
  8. KyleR

    GOODIES :)

    The shiny thing looks like a Viair Air Compressor. Also if you look at the front coilovers, they have additional sleeves mounted near the top with air hose connectors, which leads me to believe its a hydraulic lifting system to avoid speedbumps and the like This is what I was thinking, but what about the rear?
  9. You'll need adapters from Incartech and possibly a fascia. The GPS dongle (assuming this is what you're talking about) will be stashed somewhere.
  10. Should sit around 30 on idle, 60 when cruising and about 90ish when giving her some. So sounds fine to me.
  11. *cough cough* Why are there no 355mm 6 piston calipers for the zed?
  12. Same as 350 one, you can change BB and ballast if you like, but no big brake kit.
  13. Challenge 3 added I'll add everyone's names later, I'm on mobile so it's a bit I'd a PITA.
  14. On a Kia I wouldn't care, on a 300+bhp RWD beast I'd be looking matching all round.
  15. Just buy Daves!
  16. It's all in his signature ^^^^ ( apart from preference, which I think you'll find is the NISMO) He's probably on mobile, so no sigs
  17. HIGH 30s? that seems optimistic, does your commute involve a long downhill section?!? my commute is also 90% motorway, 200 miles a week. i'm normally cruising at 75-80 (same as everyone else on the M40) and average 28mpg. My commute involves sitting in the passenger seat of a 1 series, so I get mid to high millions of MPG 35, 36, 37, 38 is very possible on motorways if you don't have to slow down and speed up again.
  18. This question has been asked once or twice, the consensus is that the Zed will get better MPG than the book says, especially on motorways with cruise control. Mid to high 30's is possible.
  19. KyleR

    Sports cat help

    No such thing, they can and will all fail if not properly heated up when the emissions test is being performed.
  20. As standard I never scraped over the long slopey ones, but ruined the flexies on the sausage ones. Now I'm lowered 30+mm with a V2 front, I avoid all speedbumps, but prior to the V2 it was fine on long sloped ones.
  21. Not a fan of black on black. A few on here have it but I think it looks cheap, lazy and boring. The only way you can get away with it is if you have a very aggressive bodykit and better looking wheels that the Rays. All IMO of course
  22. I wouldn't read into what has sold because if the price is changed in a listing, it doesn't reset the numbers sold. But it does seem strange that someone would do the typical price change by doubling the cost, it's usually adding a zero.
  23. KyleR

    BMW M6 V10

    What about the handling of the ship? I'd love an M6, but I'm not a track day guy (yet) so the handling wouldn't make a huge difference to me. Compared to the 911 how does it go around corners because I imagine it to be a little understeery due to the weight. I wanted to suggest you go for the temper HR, but then I thought to myself, if I had the cash to buy either, where would I go? The answer the the M6. For you it may be a little different however, since you enjoy your track days.
  24. I'm sure Funky would price match, right Funky?
  25. What Will said. In my experience it makes bugger all difference in price going FC.
×
×
  • Create New...