Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. I just had a read through that article. You do realize that it's taking about coolant temps, right? Also, as you mentioned, the test is with a Silvia, which has a completely opened from frame, unlike the 350 which is pretty much closed. So yes, they may have seen 10F lower temps, but you won't see that in the Zed. In fact, you will see less of a difference in you HR than I will my DE. So moral of the story: Buy one, they look awesome, but don't do @*!#
  2. That's fairly accurate -- Except I don't agree with that they are bling unless you are running at the track.. Even just normal driving in the heat around here it will help to some small degree.. But.. Just the normal 2nd, 3rd gear punches REALLY increase temps.. And some testing has shown this over several of these (on a 240sx mind you) -- But it seems pretty fair and conservative with results. Showing Idle doing nothing (as expected) -- And pushing the car a bit in 2nd and 3rd gear (for this test) made 10+ degree differences.. which to me, is substantial. For me it's 50% air flow to filter maximization and 50% helping the cooling in average of 40c daytime temps. Here's a good explanation of what they do, and the test I'm referring to: http://www.importtun...version_panels/ Worth a read imo. Now what percentage of air "more" is being directed and not lost to the Radiator is a figure I don't think we know.. I assume you just did a wild guess with that 10-15% figure -- But all that matters is more = more.. And efficiency is better. With this car a bunch of small efficiency mods eventually add up to something. Just like the bolt ons for the car do. They are 5-10hp usually per $500-$1500 bolt on,.. but you do 3 of them it becomes a difference maker. I don't know if it's because the Second Gen's are so damn efficient in their design, or what.. but it's HARD to add NA power to this car staying out of the internals of the engine. I've put in thousands already.. and the three "bolt ons" are Changing the single exhaust to Dual exhaust with the Invidia Gemini Cat-back with larger piping,.. -- Dropping in higher flowing filters -- and Removing the incredibly restrictive Catalytic converters,.. Each on it's own isn't that much,,.. but add the three up with a proper tune and You are looking at 15 horsepower -- Without tune maybe 0-5hp. But that's getting off subject. Fixed that for you Don't forget the slam panel isn't really covering anything, there is a bit of a hole in the middle where the catch is, thats it, thats all thats being covered. Yes my 10-15% was a guess, it's probably less, more like 5%. Making power NA on the 350Z is not specifically hard for the HR (3rd Gen actually) it's hard for all of them. The only extra modification that I can do to my DE that you can't is a plenum spacer, but the HR, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't suffer from starvation to any cylinders. Agreed, looks great. What I don't like about the ones designed like that (That go OVER the intake from the lower bumper, just where it feeds up to go into the intake hole) is it's making the cooler airflow less efficient for the intake itself. Now you have a Cone filter in the engine bay so it's going to pull hot air in by default anyways, so no big difference,.. but for the more efficient redesign on the Gen 2 Z33's covering those "holes" that the cooler air comes in the front from the outside air, and goes up through the holes, then into the airbox inlet holes would be a step backwards (for my intentions). On the flip,.. the purpose of that design on the older 350's is to maximize the air completely to the radiator.. So your plate would keep your radiator cooler than the one on my car like this: I can't even remember what the 1st gen 350 single intake factory looks like.. but it must not pull from that area like the 2nd gen 350's.. or at least not very much. If you look again at my picture you will see that slam panel doesn't affect airflow near the intake, it follows the bumpers line so as not to block off air, the hole is not covered, even a little bit. Also if you look at my picture again, you will also see that air is pulled from the exact same place in DE and HR Zeds, HR just have an additional hole on the drivers side, pax side to you.
  3. Forgot to add: They look awesome
  4. They're pretty much just bling and do nothing unless you're ragging the ass off the car all day at the track. They will of course send a bit more air the filters way, but it can only suck so much. It'll make more difference to the coolant temperature because there's another 10-15% more air being sent through the radiator.
  5. I think the point is that the £65 could be better spent on the house or other car.
  6. They from Halfords?
  7. Why are they not fitted yet? You've had 3 hours, get it done!!!
  8. Thanks guys The cars had a good birthday with some new toys. About to head out for a big feed of medium cooked fillet steak followed by The Wolf of Wallstreet Feeling old
  9. Wait, aren't they the right way up? Shouldn't the cylinder be at the top as per the photo so the oils are at the bottom to keep the piston and rod lubricated? Bottom brackets are 100% upside down though. Cars at another house so can't check.
  10. I think we'd be good if they could tell us how much they'll be to ship 5 to the UK. I'm sure most people could collect but i'd have to work out postage form the mainland also.
  11. Nothing new, Macbook have had this for years. I can use my computer with only having to remove my fingers from the touchpad if I want to type, all other actions: back page, forward page, change window, scroll up/down etc can be performed using different combinations and movements of fingers.
  12. KyleR

    Steering mods

    PM Bizz, he has some crazy arms
  13. Surely Samco do a set? They have every colour under the sun.
  14. I'd love one, I could put a clock in one and a barometer in the other, NA FTW
  15. Lazy customer servicing. It's almost as if they can only answer one question at a time. Have you sent a message back to tell them that this IS the wing and now we want real prices?
  16. Tyre looks like a balloon in Stevo's picture. Dave, you're wrong, sorry
  17. 60mm So you're going for the US slammed look and have your dampers turned up to 36?
  18. KyleR

    I need a 4x4!!

    If i was in this situation I would be looking at the obvious, Rangey
  19. I would never go 40's on a 19" rim, the tyres will look too big.
  20. ADBlock doesn't work because it's not a pop up unfortunately. It's annoys the hell out of me too! I would t mind except it's positioned perfectly over the effing picture!! :rage:
  21. KyleR

    Wheel gurus

    19x10.5 et 20 needs rolled rears when lowered 15 mm more than yours, your setup has 11mm more poke so I'm pretty sure you'll need a wee roll.
  22. It looks awesome, and well priced for all genuine Nismo parts, even though it is an import.
  23. Keep the spacers... The offsets are a little weak (Same as standard Rays nearly) so with the spacers you will have a nice offset. Then you might just get a 275 on the rear. Agree, roll the rear arches and keep the spacers, it'll be perfect
  24. Is it the Circuit Sports style one or the awesome Top Secret one that you're after?
  25. 245/35 and 275/35
×
×
  • Create New...