-
Posts
2,628 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by cs2000
-
I feel compelled to go and check mine now. Never seen a sump rust through, must have taken a whack by a rather large stone at some point to chip the paint and expose the metal to the elements.
-
Id say you've been given false info. The cars came with 1 type of oil filter, I can hardly see the specification of this changing...
-
Yep, I believe its facelift only, hold both buttons (with car locked for 5 seconds, this will de-activate the anti jacking feature (having to press unlock twice to unlock passenger door). Again, facelift only, no total closure setting as far as I know, but pressing and holding unlock for 3(?) seconds drops the windows down. Sadly none of these work in my pre-facelift model. The ECU did change from one to the other so that's prob why.
-
Cherished Numbers - Morgan Car Co Auction
cs2000 replied to ianphampton's topic in Spotted on Ebay or Other
Ermmm.... BAT 771E Im surprised that's even allowed.. -
Im guessing these were an extra manual as for some reason this lot isn't included in my regular book or in any extra books I have (such as the warrenty booklet and such), useful to have this around anyway
-
Check Wikipedia, and don't turn off cynical mode. Its 100% a rebadge of vpower. In other markets, from memory, America and Canada to name a few) vpower has been called vPower nitro plus since 2008. Its literally a rebrand. The DID used to do a nitro plus racing which was 104 ron but sadly got rid of that a few years ago. Ive also given shell technical a call on 0800 731 8888 , the RON rating is the same as vpower which is 99. I drive by 2 shell stations on my way home from work every day. 1 evening, its regular vpower, the next morning the forecourt is covered in nitro + logos and flags, somehow me thinks all the regular vpower didn't just disappear overnight. the ONLY thing that they've changed in terms of fuel mix is the lubrication stuff. Still, not that it matters, il always buy it.
-
yup normal :)I always assumed it was so MOT testers could check if the lights were all working.
-
All items sold (thanks guys) thread can be closed/locked now
-
Alex has those too As for the differences, CD008 Double cone synchronizers in 1st, 3rd, 4th Triple cone synchronizer in 2nd CD009 Double cone synchronizer in 4th Triple cone synchronizer in 1st, 2nd, 3rd I do believe however that the mountings for the 009 box are different to the 008 one and as such you would need to make sure you get the mountings with the box
-
Engine overheated - look what I've found in my radiator!
cs2000 replied to leightonjames's topic in 350Z General
Wow, I was not expecting to see that! -
How to - Change spark plugs Part 2 near side (VQ35DE)
cs2000 replied to rothers2901's topic in 350Z Guides
I get you, didn't know that! Brilliant guide anyway thanks. -
Sorry guys ive been out for a while! PM's replied too, if anything falls through il be in touch with the 2nd dibs people
-
Hi all, got a few parts that I've just removed from my zed for a variety of reasons, details are..... 1. D2 Spec Throttle Controller - £60.00 (inc. postage) - SOLD I've just removed this today. I bought it from another member a few months ago (2 or 3) and mostly left it in Normal mode so I figure I may as well just remove it. Still works (obviously), just personally don't have a use for it really. The OBD socket on mine is red as I cut the old one off and re-soldered it due to some dodgy looking connections on the last one. Of course, you can remove this and hard-wire it into the car. 2. LED Carbon Style Reflectors (for pre-facelift bumper) - £40.00 (inc. postage) - SOLD Again, removed this today as they didn't suit my colour, they are a black plastic that resembles carbon fibre, with my car being silver I didn't like them so have replaced them with something very similar but using clear reflectors, looks more subtle, these would look great on a Gun Metal or obviously a black Zed. Each side has 6 LED's in them, all working as per the photos, the LED's are white, not blue/purple like they look in photos .
-
I wouldn't visit that link above, antivirus popped up when I visited it, I think the URl is wrong maybe?
-
Im sure BM will be back but I'll chip in my 2p. The texture effect on both is similar, I preferred the 3M stuff though. It seemed to me to be much sticker, hexxis stuff does stick don't get me wrong, but the 3M is (IMO) better for interior wrapping, deals with tight radius's and edges better. On the outside of a car (or maybe larger internal pieces) the hexxis stuff is better however as its more easy to reposition and it does handle heat a little better than the 3M which in itself does a pretty good job. horses for courses I think...
-
I think the general idea of undertrays in the engine is to stop water from splashing the undersides what with the increase in engine electrics lately. Elsewhere on the car they help to smooth airflow (not a massive factor on a road car but prob helps with fuel economy) but mostly its to stop things, such as stones flying up, chipping into metal and damaging things. I ran with no front (engine) plastics on my Celica for about 12 months and didn't see any issues, sure it got dirty but nothing bad happened because of it, id say its safe to remove the rears. I am however curious as to why I don't suffer from this issue though. (however I do seem to have every other "common" zed issue there is ...)
-
Id say you would be looking at a new box yes. Seems odd though. unless you have been treating the box badly I can see how you would have done something like worn the teeth away. I suppose you are lucky by virtue of the rest of the gears are fine which assuming you cant hear anything hopefully (maybe) means nothing has snapped and is spinning round in there. Ive never looked inside a gearbox but could it possible that the 3rd gear "cogs" have somhow come loose and just aren't driving anymore?? Where's Alex when you need him, or keyser! EDIT, as I post that up pops 1 of the two!
-
The first one looks quite a feat, don't even know how you would do that. And yes, the second pic is genius!
-
Any indication of what company these disks were intended to be branded as?
-
How to - Change spark plugs Part 2 near side (VQ35DE)
cs2000 replied to rothers2901's topic in 350Z Guides
Very well documented guide, so fiddly in these cars compared to everything else ive owned! May be worth combining your two topics however, just in-case they ever get separated. but I appreciate the effort you have gone into with this -
good luck, could look very nice
-
Two classic products never before used... but wow
cs2000 replied to downhuman's topic in Car Detailing
<3 the megs tyre gel, smells so good too. If only it wasn't probably toxic lol Just one application leaves them sniny but if you let it dry and apply another they go even more shiny! -
Driver was over confrontational which is never going down well, but on the other hand there was ABSOLUTLY no reason for him to be stopped. He also said I don't have to have a reason to stop you. As far as I know, this is incorrect and they do have to have a suspicion of something or evidence of wrong doing. Bellend coppers as per usual. Yes im sure somewhere there are a good few, but none of them work in traffic im pretty sure.
-
I always though proper top quality wraps were roughly 1-2k, and that resprays (again, proper resprays with everything dismantled, engine bay sprayed etc) were 4k+
-
Glad it's working again