Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. if I could get hold of the reflectors for less than £80 each, certainly, they would be even easier
  2. Ive also used carb cleaner (just because I had it to hand) and that worked too. Was always advised not to direct the spray of fluid at the actual sensor, more on the material around it and let it splash onto the sensor itself.
  3. Ive done some further reading on those eBay ones and found this, but looks like those ebay type ones wont work with the Z. I could be talking out of my A$$ though
  4. Yes! do NOT clay in 30 degrees direct sunlight as a...erm...friend of mine once did....! all that will do is melt the clay bar which, believe me, takes some fixing...
  5. cs2000

    scary tyre wear

    New tyres have a nice pattern Seems like you were very lucky with the old ones. Not only from the old bill, but looks like that could have been close to a blowout..
  6. Of course, il send you a pm in a while (on my phone ATM not the pc so it's hard to get and paste the link) The LEDs are 5mm 30,000 mcd
  7. haha, cant go wrong with BF3
  8. Oh, whats this in the post this morning... Yep, more holes made in the final set of the first batch of reflectors And as if by magic, a while bunch of LED's arrived too So, LED's secured into the reflectors (excuse all the DVD's and such) From there I have connected all of the wires and soldered them together, also the rears of the reflectors are filled with silicone so now my house stinks like vinegar as for some reason silicone smells like that. Im giving it until tomorrow to set, then testing and then maybe Monday evening it will be packing time!
  9. Yep, just copy and paste the list and add your name. paypal is usually the payment method
  10. Still, skills. I couldn't do it. I had a go once, all I managed to do was go round and round in circles, which was fun anyway (and no, it wasn't on a public road, im not THAT stupid)
  11. Would a fish-tank air line non return valve not do the same job? Don't see it needing to be anything special... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Non-Return-Check-Valves-Aquarium-Pump/dp/B005HTT1P4/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1368172038&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=fish+check+valve
  12. Will it not be in your account on the recent orders page? Mine is there, sat saying "Processing"
  13. erm, wow... lol. I thought he was just going to hit it with a hammer or something.
  14. I checked a few weeks ago and was considering UK04 ZED which was available, seeing as I live in the UK, that car is an 04 and well, its a zed...
  15. Lol BM, that was my original plan a while ago, as I said in the other topic, I had relays wired up to turn off the white lights whilst the amber ones were flashing but in the end I ran out of time, money and patience with these and just fitted white, plus I couldn't find the correct LED's which I now believe I have, a project for another day I feel As you can see, stupidly bright orange LED's lol Shaun1982, they will arrive, I currently have 3 sets but im waiting for LED's to arrive everything else (aside from your set) is here ready and waiting!
  16. Two sets of silver turned up today, so, more photos of reflectors with holes Still no damn LED's!! Not sure why the other black set havnt turned up since they were all ordered at the same time, im sure they will however
  17. Nobody needs an extension, however i do need that in my life. Amazing machine.
  18. Exactly what I did 2 seconds worth of work at the possible expense of the BCM module...
  19. phew, lucky I got my two last week Remember that you only get 1, so you will have to donate to get one for the other side window (seeing as that's where 99% of people stick them)
  20. Not those exact ones mate no, the same thing design wise (and from a different seller) but white. I spent a while finding good quality ones that fit right, you can get ones with 30+ LED's but they don't fit inside the dome light cluster, never mind in the actual holder things. Those fit perfectly fine in the standard hole with no mods necessary. The fade out effect also still works brilliantly, cant go wrong for that price, ive hasd them fitted since pretty much I got the car a few months ago with no issues. I do normally buy a few more as spares however and in-case 1 does go pop you always have a spare. Just be careful putting them in as the rear of the LED's is normally conductive and you can short out the connection which you wouldn't want to do obviously. If you want to do the sun visors too, those are 29mm festoons, the space here is almost impossible, however these fit perfectly http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-Festoon-29mm-Fuse-bulb-3-SMD-LED-Sun-Visor-Vanity-Mirror-Light-6614F-6641-/200816106015?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec1929a1f, anything larger and you wont stand a chance.
  21. There are plenty of quality bulbs on eBay if you know what you're looking at. These for the dome light? For instance, you cant go wrong with SMD based LED's such as these. UK seller too and a similar price to the ones from China and the build quality looks good http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4abf4dc4e7 no shame at all in buying things like this off of ebay and paying 1/10th of the price for a quality product
  22. heh I know, but still it takes 5 seconds of my life...first word problems eh I guess it is. I ordered my box right at the start of last month, I believe contents do change if they run out of one item
  23. I just got a number...how are they supposed to scan this Ahhm, I see, you have to register
  24. Sadly looks as though im out, the boss (mrs) has told me I need to be buying holiday clothes and not car bling 1. Trigg 2. TheHeff 3. Ironhide 4. SkylineV35 5. Paddy78 6. Evilscorp 7. R-Face 8. Vlad (Blue if possible) 9. Wolfie.irl (if blue is available) 10. Mick-r1
  25. I think im a member of this too Made me laugh this morning anyway so thanks and at least nothing was permanently damaged in the end !
×
×
  • Create New...