Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. Clowns reflectors were posted today, Right, just waiting for the next load of reflectors to arrive to me, gonna be busy seeing as Ive ordered 7 sets... That's 98 holes I need to measure and drill, 98 LED's to locate, 196 solder joints to be made and a total of 336 hrs of testing (24 hrs per reflector * 14) Luckily the mrs is away all of this week so I can get cracking!
  2. Same as me (as per the above haha
  3. And when I tag along I use these! http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5531103.htm Yes, maybe not the greatest name but they are digital (big bonus), good build quality and have a huge range. They are available at about £35.00 on eBay too You can of course hop on to the Bay and get some more powerful radios that technically require a license if you want massive range.
  4. Yep, remember this! Ive never seen any used adjustable camber arms for sale around here...
  5. Looks decent. I was going to recommend the ProScan 600, got no experience with it, I have the 580, the 600 is the same basically but lets you record data.
  6. eBay is also pretty cheap for heatshrink
  7. Yup as above. Even in snow and ice I won't do it, I simply use clutch and no throttle to get rolling. The zed really seems to hate setting off in 2nd. It's possible yes, but doesn't feel right.
  8. Fair enough, il give them a email, see what I can arrange
  9. Ahh il give them a message. Is a bit cheaper cheers
  10. I can get pre 06 already. Just after a post 06 set for some fun and games
  11. 500-750 depending on age of the replacement box. Mine does the same into 6th
  12. Hey all, I know im probably going to see something along the lines of or but I thought id ask here first. Anyone know where I could find a set of reflectors for the facelift bumper that are clear and not orange, without spending about £70.00?? Doesn't have to be genuine or anything, just got a little project in mind so don't really want to be spending a fortune on them
  13. I saw that in the cinema. Look good on a 500 inch screen with the volume upto 11 !
  14. Technical evidence of initial cold start (Car hasn't been started since sunday) Click Me to see video And after a 15 min drive (warmed up idle) Click Me to see video
  15. Printed for future reference. I expect a slap!
  16. Just take a look at the link, clearly this needed a guide.... http://www.350z-tech...ck-shift-z.html also... http://www.350z-tech...do-nasty-z.html Really
  17. 12,000 watts.... I take it you will be purchasing a diesel generator to tow behind you to power that. And a new set of eardrums! lol
  18. This, and that its not cool to fit the wrong sized tyres to save money
  19. Exactly the same situation! I go to my GF's house and use her driveway. Failing that I will go and jetwash the car at a car wash and then take it home and do the waxing etc in the carpark as it doesn't need water.
  20. I went with a 04 for the same (tax reasons) but the first thing I did was a £300 set of LED rears, as above, that's 2 years worth of tax, but then again you will have spent 1-2k more on the car initially, swings and roundabouts. There's a thread in here somewhere about things to look for, but from me, check the rear axel doesn't click, and open the bonnet and move the rubber strips on the actual bonnet, make sure there is no bubbling under there as it can migrate through the metal and ruin the bonnet. Get whatever you buy on a test drive over some nasty pot-holed roads to hear any odd noises from the suspension, banana arm bush failing are common but very noticeable over bumps. Check for good brand tyres on all 4 wheels (preferably the same brand and model of course, but at very least, same brand over an axle), budget tyres may indicate the car hasn't been looked after in other areas too. And if you can afford it, get the car checked over by an AA guy, could save you a fortune in the long run and any honest seller/trader wont have a problem with you doing this, if they reject, walk away as there will be something theyre hiding!
  21. Guess it depend where you drive. I use mine for comuting and a tank can last 300+ miles. But its all Dual carriageways until the last few miles in town. My trip meter shows an average MPG of 25.8 over 3 months of the same journeys.
  22. Mine did this too and I thought I was just the "bigger brakes squeal at lower speeds" but it was damn annoying. Got the pads off and the metal wear indicator tabs were 2-3 mm from being level with the face of the pads but im certain they were making the noise. Perhaps the pad compresses slightly when you brake making the wear indicator touch the disk I changed then anyway (first time on this car, and firt time un-assisted ever) and took me 45 mins orso. No more noise!
  23. Poor you in 1 respect, yes you did JUST miss out on the first batch, however, lucky you, as you know, I ordered your set of reflectors earlier in the week (or was it last week, so this evening... After some (lots) of measuring and drilling... and after a while of work inserting and pressing home the LED's... So, this needs a couple of days to fully cure, but tomorrow or Saturday il complete the wiring, test them, box them up and post them on Tuesday as Monday is a bank holiday
  24. Thanks guys, just didn't want to keep people waiting, especially people who are very early on the list such as poor octet! lol The thing that annoys me is that I can tell from photos of the item that they're EXACTLY what I was buying before, the numbers on the back are identical, yet im paying 30% more! lol never mind, them's the dice!
  25. Bad news guys, the current supplier I have been using has stopped selling black ones, yep, the one most of you guys want! Im trying to source more and have found somewhere but they are more expensive than the old supplier. ------------ EDIT, screw it, there's been enough delays so ive just bought the black ones at a price increase of about 30%. All parts for EVERYONE currently on the list are now on order, should arrive early-mid next week! Any future orders for black ones, the price has gone up by £5 seeing as the cost has also gone up. I have only increased it by £5, despite the actual increase being about £12. obviously anyone who's order is already in (everyone on the list of this date) will get it at the old price of £55 + £3 postage First post has been updated with the new price so ignore this if you're on the list already
×
×
  • Create New...