Jump to content

cs2000

Members
  • Posts

    2,628
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by cs2000

  1. That would be fortuitous! Cheers D So...where are you based. I can live read OBDII data if you are close.
  2. Oversteer, seems odd at that speed, only looked like 40-45 maybe but the road does look wet. Hope none of this happens to anybodies Zeds in Wales
  3. Well done, really happy you have got it working again
  4. Ouch that looks nasty. Can't believe you bent two of those tools!
  5. Useful discount code cheers.
  6. Seems quite a few issues! one I had the other day was the drop in clutch resistance after some harsh driving. After the car cooled down it came back to normal so I guess that's just one of those things. I don't believe hitting the limiter should induce the CEL to come on with a Misfire error. I hit it once or twice the other day and nothing untoward happened. The CAT bank 2 error code could be a problem or it could be something like a dirty/damaged lambda sensor. Of course the engine could also be running wrong meaning that its actually reading correct and you do have an issue.
  7. Odd, mine has just started to throw up the throttle position sensor code. When this happens on yours do you/have you lost all power or does the car go to limp home mode? Mine goes to limp mode but restarting the engine makes it go away (CEL stays on however). May be worth you trying the ECU reset procedure followed by the throttle position re-learn procedure, I need to try that this evening too. Someone mentioned somewhere on the interwebs about 2 throttle sensors, something about on possibly on the pedal somewhere, the other one is definatly in the throttle body.
  8. Well as you have replaced the pump (and can now hear it turning) the last thing it can be is a blockage in the bottle or an earlier pipe as I suggested. As I say, get the wheel plastics off again, unplug the tube (that takes the washer fluid up, through the 1 way valve and through the jets) from the motor itself and operate the wash then. if you STILL get nothing, there's something jammed in the bottle I would think, or you have no screen wash
  9. frame laying...
  10. Try disconnecting the pipe from the pump, I've never seen it but I'm assuming there's a pipe coming directly out of the pump. You should see Water then. Unless there is a blockage in the bottle which the old owner didn't realise and kept trying the washers hence why the motor died?
  11. Those kickplates looks ace too. Top job! I want some!
  12. You should be able to hear it anyway really, especially from the outside.
  13. as above, come back, zeditus will bite you again! lol
  14. Im sure we all speed so I wont comment on that, but id say 100% you're fine. Unmarked cars still have concealed blue lights and I don't see any mention of these in your post. The guy sounds like he was in his own vehicle which hasn't undergone the same testing the police cars have and as such cannot break the speed limit or any highway code laws. You needed to be handed a written warning, or like a "receipt" of the offence as well. Rest well, you got sway, this time anyway.
  15. I have 3, I think. Top work on the graphics haha, someone bored today?
  16. IIRC it is indeed a live on that stereo. I planned to buy one and wired up a relay so the stereo itself (on the 12v) would provide power to the handbrake wire. I had to use a relay as on some models Pioneer tried to defeat the method above by refusing to work at all if a 12v signal was detected before the main unit was powered on. if you do have to go this route theres plenty online about it. Just needs a standard relay and 4-5 wires.
  17. An incredible amount of damage but glad you're OK. I would be a state after that knowing the amount of time (not even thinking about the cash) that's gone into it but at least it can be resurrected (in another car obviously)using some of the old parts. Glad you're OK though matey, never nice to see a crash like that. How did the A3 fair? Waste of time racing it anyway, 190 ish bhp to yours...
  18. Welcome, id say 2 of the nicest colours there too, Azure and black!
  19. Certainly worry if its eating the bottle. There's plenty of plastics on the car too...
  20. how the heck did that happen! lol
  21. If you disconnect the non return valve all you have is a pipe from the washer bottle/pump so if no water comes out when you spray it seems like a dead of jammed up pump to me.
  22. Ive been doing some reading on this and it appears the 350z isn't a model affected (at least, its not mentioned specifically as an affected model) so we should be OK, but I don't see any online way to check if you're affected. Surely Nissan could set up a VIN number search where you input it and it says if you need to go to a dealers to get a fix applied??
  23. cs2000

    BLEEDING BRAKES

    Leaving the car on shouldn't be needed.
  24. Just a quick one, check the clutch! Mines on 56,000 miles and has already had the clutch swapped once and it needs doing again. Zeds seem to like to eat clutches like they're going out of fashion for some reason Car looks tidy though, silver looks very bright, much brighter than my silver colour.
×
×
  • Create New...