-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Yes the R34 GTRs are really overpriced but I do notice the same ones up for sale for 3-6 months at around £60k+ so whether they actually sell at that price who knows.I so nearly bought one a couple of years back as well was looking at a few around the £25k mark... R32s are following suit, a decent one is now around £20k. Even the R33 GTRs are creeping up to that level too. AE86 I have never understood why they demand big money. By all accounts its down to Manga and its cult following there but still! Quite a few Americans signing up to the GT-Four pages at the moment, in 2019 they become legal there and there seems to be a group of yanks gagging at the bit to get one and are queuing up already. Lets hope the government can sort its bloody life out and do something constructive with brexit so the pound is actually worth something in dollars in 18 months time!
-
I guess it comes down to what excites you. After the Zed I bought an R33 Skyline and that certainly in a straight line is so much more exciting than the 350z and had a lot more theatre around it. The VX220 I got is much much more of a drivers car, made the zed feel like a van when I climbed back into one after a blat in the VX. The Celica I am in now gives me more practicality but an altogether different driving experience with similar power levels going to four wheels instead of two. My mate took me out in his Boxster S and I found that much more fun in terms of handling and having the roof down in a low slung car than the Zed. For me the Zed sounded good, rear wheel drive V6 which was OKish on fuel economy (VX and Celica are better) two seater GT experience. Reading between the lines in what you have put and the fact that you stated you were interested in the XKR I would think that rather than ask for options you are actually looking for a bigger GT style car for more leisurely driving than anything more raw?
-
Have a good read online for weather advice on the passes - nearly all will be closed in April, some may still be closed in May depends on the weather. Later in the year you go the better really. And yes, Swiss police and fines for bad driving are legendary - a friend of mine got something like a £1k fine for doing an illegal U turn at the exit of a tunnel (which yes is bloody stupid but still a thousand quid).
-
Or maybe a 6 series V8 BMW? Maybe in Orange...?
-
[SOLD]Pioneer SPH-DA120 with fitting kit for 350z
coldel replied to Supersarbs's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
I would have said a Cayman. A 370z is more of the same, just a bit more modern. The Jags you mention are long in the tooth also and from what I read up on them many suffer rust and other issues more than other cars of that era. Or if you are feeling adventurous and want to try out some yoga moves, get a Lotus Europa which is the more comfortable version of the S2 Elise
-
Sold - thread locked
-
The side view of the new Vantage is great, however it just carries on from where the others left off. The front and back seem to have conflicting messages, front looks flimsy and plain with no aggression, back looks confused and cheap.
-
The official colour is called Lime Essence, which I would have assumed is a shade of green. If it was called Lemon Essence...
-
I dont think Green does it any favours, in a nice dark or black colour your wouldnt have the grill standing out so much or the fins on the back. It doesn't look anywhere near as stunning as previous incarnations which had a hulking and hunkered down powerful look to them, this looks a bit 'flimsy' if there is any word for it. The small headlights on the front look terrible and give it no presence at all.
-
Then perhaps park ('scuse the pun) your drifting goal, make it longer term. Get yourself into an industry that you want to be in longer term and then once you have control over working hours pull your drifting goal back into focus. If getting into that industry is more important than drifting competitions right now then your answer is relatively straight forwards. Alternatively, turn both down and see what else you can find? Or take job B in the interim and keep looking for roles in the other industry you like? Set goals, set priorities and align those with your decision making. Things in life often take planning and maneuvering and don't always happen short term, but if you have a plan generally you will get there!
-
Whats most important to you right now? Personally I would write down all the important things you need in your life and in your job in one column and order them in terms of priority top to bottom. Then have a column of Job A and Job B and then tick whichever job best suits against each of your needs. Give two ticks against your high priority things to give them more weight then tally it all up and see what comes out on top. I know I would probably go for job B as some of my priorities right now are family, time at home, weekends to relax and do my thing. Ten years ago though it would have been A, and indeed I moved to Japan and worked my backside off working weekends, lots of travel, hardly any time at home. In terms of the salary, I guess it depends on what the total salary is, if its £100k vs £103k then bah who cares right. But if its £27k vs £30k then its certainly a consideration. Although bear in mind I know people on high salaries that hate their job and are miserable for it and others on lower salaries living their dream and as happy as larry (whoever larry is, would love to meet larry one day...)
-
Getting 350z vert next week
coldel replied to Junkyardbear's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
It is on here somewhere but official operating temperature is something like 6 degrees and upwards and shouldnt be used in colder conditions. Not sure if thats the right number or not but its something like that. -
Has the car been declared a write off? Any chassis damage?
-
Is it worth hanging on until the claim is sorted? It is as Dan said its an absolute non starter for the other driver to challenge this - you had your lights on, you were driving sensibly, you tried to avoid the accident he didn't slow to check it was safe to exit and looked completely out of control of the car.
-
I am not an expert but would remove it just in case. But having seen it I would be shocked if you didnt get a full payout from their insurance, given how dark it is crazy the person didnt stop and appeared almost out of control coming to that junction. Glad you walked away and can imagine it was a scary experience.
-
To be quite frank, you are asking for a car (either the low miles or GT4) that hardly comes up but are not willing to travel? If you plan to keep the car for a while and want something pristine then get the best you can rather than one that will do that is closeby. Clear your weekends and go look at some. Yes some will be a waste of time, but many can be vetted via free sites/apps which show up history. Oh and don't be frightened of imports (and they certainly are not 'dodgy') if they have been in the country 5-10 years any issues will have shown themselves by now and it will have a decent history in the UK, if an owner wants to thrash a car then hide the issues they can do that with a UK car as much as an imported one.
-
GLWTS and great advert.
-
What age do you think you should be allowed to drive a 350z?
coldel replied to Jake.Lowther's topic in 350Z General
I had to hide a post -
What age do you think you should be allowed to drive a 350z?
coldel replied to Jake.Lowther's topic in 350Z General
Wind it in please, keep it civil -
I cannot believe anyone with a decent running car looks online and prices their car up half the price of the next cheapest one, if there was nothing wrong with it. Not unless of exceptional circumstance like leaving the country tomorrow and needs it gone.
-
No service history. Just quickly looked up the MoT history and it has failed every first MoT for the last 5 years. Looks badly cared for, getting pulled up for bald tyres, suspension issues, always failing emissions, wipers, headlights fails among many other things. I 'suspect' but happy to be proven wrong, its engine isn't well looked after unlike the rest of the car?
-
-
Yes the lorry launch is one I was more interested in! If they can provide a lorry that can react to speed changes better than they do now - also I noticed it had anti jack-knifing technology, all useful stuff. Given the billions of taxpayers dollars that have kept Elon afloat the last ten years, about time he knocked up something useful
-
Therein lies the problem, the guy talks about noise and fun, you respond about acceleration and G-forces. The two are not the same - for many people they can have as much fun on a track in an MX5 as a GTR. If everyone on here felt driving was all about the power they would be buying turbo Supras. Its probably why there is so little enthusiasm on this forum for your passion for EVs. Sure I bet there is a bit of woah sitting in one and launching, but thats probably 1% of a driving experience for me, I guess its much more of the experience for you.