Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I was driving a 1 litre burgundy VW Polo in the early 90s, no fear of accident issues for me during that time!
  2. But there are so many factors as you say. Certainly at lower speeds the two facts have to be true 'like for like' 1. you have more time to react 2. impacts result in less damage. Motorways are quite safe and the UK has the safest ones in Europe I believe, you are twice as likely to die on a German motorway than a UK one by all accounts. Most accidents though happen in built up urban areas, they just don't make the news like a big motorway pile up. Doing just a few mph over a speed limit makes huge differences to survival rates in urban areas to both driver and more importantly pedestrians. I would disagree with the boredom thing in 50mph zones, I actually think there is no difference and people are as likely to lose concentration at higher speeds they just have less time to correct it. So heres a theoretical question, if motorways had been 50mph since year dot, would you be sat on it frustrated and bored? If you had known no different?
  3. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5691552/ ? Not whilst new series of red Dwarf is on though
  4. Yep love it.
  5. Oh my...that is pretty https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-aston/aston-martin-vanquish-s-ultimate-unveiled/37019 Off to buy lottery tickets.
  6. I am also pretty sure @Ekona would have switched off in disgust at yesterdays Star Trek episode
  7. How far have you got in season 2? First season was a little scary but more around character development and the mystery around Eleven. Second season though is full on horror and blood and gore!
  8. Agreed. 20s and 30s in built up areas are there for VERY good reason are not places to be having a hoon. I witnessed my younger brother get hit by a car at around 20mph when I was a kid, even at that relatively slow speed the impact is pretty bad and he literally got thrown through the air and over 30 years on can still remember the incident vividly.
  9. Yeah I finished Expanse, its was really good it really does keep you on the edge of your seat, no clear goodies vs baddies thing and you don't know who to trust! Started and finished Stranger Things 2 in two days...was BRILLIANT although a few loose ends left at the end that no character seemed to address...
  10. But a turbo charged/mapped 335 would have been much quicker that would have been the sane choice
  11. So why buy a 6 series BMW and put it on track
  12. Its not about what others think, its about what I think, and I think BMWs look bland boring and if I got out of one and walked away I would never look back. I get out of my Celica, I stop, look back, wowed by how different and out there the car is and happy as anything. Guess it comes down to whats important to you in a car, I know you like to get obsessive about minute characteristics of driving a car and hell you could be in a pink cadillac if it handled well enough, for me handling etc is important but also is it to own a car that when I look at it it wows me, every hour I spend polishing every mm of it is because it looks something special - sorry but a 3 series saloon aint gonna do it for me guv!
  13. There should be a little white stick in the hands of that emoji you used there...!
  14. Blue Ferrari, not a chance! Ohh Emm Gee (normal service almost resumed, not always agreeing with Dan, the therapy is helping...)
  15. I guess the issue is, why have anything inbetween if it makes the business no money and doesn't lend enough prestige to make it a marketing tool? As mentioned Chevy is a hard competitor in the US market. In Europe you spend a bit more and get a Cayman or a bit less and get a very fast 1 series BMW. All these outselling the 370z (I am guessing) by some margin. There is no harm in businesses trying to focus and not try be jack of all trades, it may be that Nissan decide its the least profitable market segment for them so decide to get out and focus on smaller cars with a flagship supercar. Toyota jumped out the segment some time back and focused on boring family cars, but hey made them one of the best selling manufacturers for the last 30 years.
  16. Yep As Dan mentioned, I think the time of large engine NAs in this price segment is coming to an end. Nissan have the GTR, 370z sales have been poor, commercially it is a segment that would appear not worth investing in moving forwards when that money could be better spent elsewhere by the manufacturers.
  17. I think it looks great!
  18. http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/10/29/Looks-Like-The-Iconic-Nissan-Z-Car-Might-Be-Dead-7741748/
  19. Haha yes there is the exception I guess!
  20. Its funny but I keep having a cheeky nose at BMWs but the idea of jumping in one and becoming part of the anonymous horde really puts me off. I get the M cars are amazing bits of kit though and appreciate cars like the 135i are fantastic, but I do like to drive something different and rarely drive the car to the limits, so do I need anything faster. Had a moment at the weekend when driving around Richmond in a two lane approach to a roundabout in slow moving traffic pulled alongside a deep purple Supra - engines were blipped, windows came down, compliments passed and we carried on our way
  21. Nice one Bob, saw that on FB last night
  22. I have gone for black ony Celica but have not gone for black wheels, find that the black tends to hide how fabulous wheels look!
  23. Very nice! Shame about suspension, did you know about that in advance?
  24. Never seen that done before, it does look a bit odd you have a lot of real estate there on the front of the car with nothing on it (maybe debadging makes the effect more pronounced?) - personally I would have as Dan said smoothed the whole thing if fibreglassing? Would have come up a bit like the V3 nismo front bumper?
×
×
  • Create New...