Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Good point but it does raise the conflicting argument (which has no answer really). Although we see the above as simply archaic and absurd (which I personally agree it is!) other countries would see it as quite normal and very accepted to persecute homosexuality. Boot on the other foot, if we had the tech to reasonably accurately predict if someone of middle eastern origin might commit Jihad against the UK would we use that tech? As it does identify potential criminals, in the same way other countries could use it to identify potential criminals of their laws no matter how bizarre they are they would argue this. I'm not saying you are wrong Doc, hell you only had to watch the Rees-Mogg interview recently to realise how messed up religious beliefs are when they mix with politics.
  2. Sold - thread locked
  3. Damned if you do damned if you don't it seems. Sure this could be used in an ill founded way, but also its just a case of the human race working things out. Instead of ill founded supposition around 'why is someone gay' why not actually try bring out some evidence. For example the defence and intelligence agencies in the UK are always under huge pressure to prevent attacks, when they happen you get the same uproar that they should be doing more, but to do that you have to bring scale to the solution - the second that it involves them potentially looking at you there is uproar against personal privacy - the public are asking for a solution which cannot be done in the absence of magic and sorcery.
  4. I would disagree on your thoughts on modded price, most are well under priced vs the total cost of build. People spend thousands then list at maybe 10% over stock price. I have to say I had the same mentality as you of wanting to mod it myself but really the process of adding a plenum, exhaust, sports cats, remap etc. wasn't actually that much fun but was massively expensive. The fun bits for me were new wheels, painting parts, polishing stuff etc. The absence of LSD on JDM cars is down to the spec. If you buy a brembo brake UK car they will have LSD. A quick google turned up comments about the base JDM spec doesn't, the rest do.
  5. Some useful comments on a forum thread about LSDs here Both cars listed look reasonable enough. What are your plans for the car? Keep it stock or modify? There are a fair few out there with work done - if you are looking for increase BHP/handling etc. its an expensive journey (plenum, exhaust, cats, uprev/ecutek is going to cost £2k and upwards for around +20bhp give or take) you would save money buying a car with the work done on it.
  6. Sold - thread locked
  7. Sounds like some kids story to me... ...maybe spellcheck gone mad with the word Fairlady?
  8. Sold - thread locked
  9. Sold - thread locked
  10. ..which was then left by the river bank when the floods came?
  11. A legend leaves the building I think its fair to say a lot of the work admin do behind the scenes is exactly that, all done behind the scenes with little recognition but Al has always gone above and beyond, getting him to accept a compliment for his efforts is hard work! Enjoy spending more time with the kids and the boat matey!
  12. Presume you got the car uber cheap? Boss kit and respray is going to be £5k give or take?
  13. Great build this is also something I would love to do at some point. Boss kit looks great would be tempted on wedging an RB26 in the front there with it
  14. OK thanks CS - can you let me know when you make the leap so I can update my records
  15. Go easy on clicking that Submit button!
  16. Excellent, despite a shocking episode 7
  17. Not a bad price. I would have a think about what mods you are looking to do and see if anything is for sale that has some of those mods done, especially if its on here as there will be build threads in all likelihood. It saves a fair wedge of cash to have things done in advance and the 350z has been around long enough for a lot of these cars to have various work done to them.
  18. Im not so sure, what about this line in the advert? If you receive the goods and you put in an SSD or HDD and its not 'good' in theory you could make a claim? If he took that as saying that all he had to do to get it working fully again was the SSD or HDD. You have to be really careful with wording in sales ads - although it does say its defective at the top in the standard text it does also say refer to the advert for details. I would be a little cautious around this... "The express cache chip died ages ago, all this did was miminc an SSD for improved boot times. Its redundant technology anyway, Just stick an SSD in the HDD caddy and you're good"
  19. See I thought it was the worst episode! So he knew the captain was captain of the Discovery, but so did the klingons thats why they captured him. If Mudd could have got to the Discovery then the klingons would simply have made him do it, why allow him free to then bargain a pay off to deliver it - they are not that way inclined and simply would have said to Mudd do it or we kill you. The idea this guy Mudd can suddenly become capable of taking over a war ship - even if he had a time machine is just more preposterous. It was farcial. If he was so good why was he sat in a Klingon cell for 7 months. How did he get captured in the first place. It seemed a completely random episode where nothing made any sense and all the characters after spending 6 episodes building up their characters then did the complete opposite of what they are meant to be. It was daft, ridiculous and completely unrealistic in that universe but hey I guess it was different to the overall story. How many episodes are due for this series?
  20. How could he promise to get Discovery? He had no knowledge of where it was or why it was important. He had no bargaining power at all? He said in the story he escaped not that he negotiated his way out. He also mentioned he had done the 30 mins about 50 times, so that only 24 hours or so of 30 minute spots where he has to somehow circumnavigate a locked out computer system. And the magic 30 minute wrist device that appeared from nowhere that no race has ever managed to create at that time. And you complained about a bear that lost some water and got it back again?
  21. coldel

    NHS

    Or not qualified?
  22. coldel

    NHS

    The funny thing is I try desperately to avoid the English male doctor at my GP as he is insensitive and dismissive, there is a lady of African descent who I try to make sure I see as she seems to be much better at coaching me through my symptoms and getting the right next steps in place. It was the English doctor I saw in the above experience.
  23. coldel

    NHS

    I would agree to a point on that bytespc but simply stopping that is not going to solve the problem. There might be non-natives in the waiting room, but one of them might be a wealthy businessman who set up a business employing a dozen people here in the UK and exporting goods, possibly paying much more tax into the NHS that many of us, ok they might not be the traditional white colour and speak the queens English but observational views like that are open to being misread. I do agree though there are the medical tourists that come to the UK for treatment - I do not though believe they are the downfall of the NHS. Other factors that I would say have a big if not bigger role are: Your life expectancy in the UK in 1970 was something like 67-68 years old, now its nearly 80. People are living much longer, but in those later years requiring much more care - UK population in 1970 56m now its 63m with people living longer Lifestyle changes in the UK over that time have swerved all over the place but certainly only recently have people actually understood how to look after themselves, heavy smoking drinking fast food etc has been common place in the UK and obesity was a big issue not so long ago that the government threw a tonne of money at nationwide campaigns to educate the populus The recent rise in pollution and air quality accounts for tens if not hundreds of thousands of problems with health in the UK And many many more things that we as a country do that promotes visits to the GP/Hospitals I guess the easy thing to solve the problem is to point fingers and accrue blame, however I believe there is so much more at play here. Certainly the funding is just not there. £112bn in 2009, £122bn in 2017 and only a planned £126bn in 2012 its simply not enough to deal with the sheer amount of people coming through the door due to all the above reasons and many many more.
  24. Haha but surely there is Dan logic shouting out loud over all of it. Mudd escapes Klingon prison without a single reason as to how after being in it for ages. Despite Discovery being a war vessel every single encounter with Mudd has them losing and pretty much all the crew walking around unarmed and unable to get rid of a single guy. The fact that he can walk onto a starship and take control of the computer and lock out the captain without any explanation of how. At the end despite this guy repeatedly murdering the captain he seems quite happy to play out a scenario where Mudd thinks he's called the klingons but despite only getting a minutes notice the Baron and his daughter rock up, guess they were just hanging out down the road were they? And the captain, who at every opportunity generally wants to kill anything, seems happy to let the murderous Mudd wander off with this other doppy doris. If Mudd can escape a klingon prison ship then surely its a doddle to simply escape the clutches of the doppy doris and come attack the captain in some other way? Mudd also possess info on the spore drive now, he can still use that information and is dangerous.
  25. coldel

    NHS

    About a week after the Coventry meet where all seemed normal I woke up 5am on a Sunday morning to find my knees stuck straight and in absolute agony. Its a pretty scary experience but anyway me the little un and the missus jump in the car to go to A&E. Ended up going to the one in Isleworth and the service was mixed to say the least. Receptionist who couldnt give two sh*ts about me she was too busy writing something down and as I approached the counter and leant on it because I was in screaming agony she told me to go STAND over there. I explained that I couldnt but she just motioned at a notice by her empire that said 'please queue back away from the desk' - I just wanted something to rest against and not have to stand in the middle of a waiting area unsupported. Got seen after about 90 mins which was really good, although nurse was dismissive of my injuries saying it was a cruciate problem (I told her I play football regularly) - I challenged her that I need to see someone else as I have had no impact injury and both knees at the same time that it cannot be that. She told me to leave and gave me co-dydramol which is some horrific pain killer which damages your liver, but hey lets not get into that. I pursued my GP who said its probably cruciate, but again I said no impact and both knees at the same time, also I noticed and raised the issue that both elbows were now swelling up. I got told to 'go rest'. Not at one point did anyone in the NHS feel the need to escalate this. I rang up again and demanded an MRI scan and they gave in and booked it, they also said they would refer me for physio who would call me that week (they never did). MRI scan came back with results about super healthy ligaments and tendons apparently I am fantastic shape in that respect. The report said to urgently see a rheumatologist - I asked the NHS and was given a 7 week waiting time to see one. So I just gave up and called my private health cover that I get free through work. 2 days later, seen a specialist, correctly diagnosed as psoriatic arthritis (I am 42 and yes arthritis in this form can hit anyone of any age) and now on a course of drugs to manage the pain and swelling along with loads of advice on the lifestyle changes I need (high oily fish intake, various supplements, pretty much stopped booze, cycle every day on the bike indoors on a turbo trainer - i have never been so healthy). If you see me now you would never know, telltale signs is getting up from a chair after sitting there for 15 mins or so is painful but nowhere near the constant agony I was in 24hours a day a couple of months back when I lost a stone in weight in 4 weeks and no one in the NHS would listen. I get the NHS is overburdened, I get that the majority of staff are great people, I also get that if I hadnt had private I would have been in a shocking state for months and god knows where I would be now - I was crippled and lost so much mobility (but nowhere near as dangerous as your issue TT) but no one seemed at all bothered because they thought they had the diagnosis right and wouldnt listen to their patient. Maybe I should have used private straight off the bat, but in any case I felt failed and just thank my lucky stars that I get a bundle of benefits in with my job role.
×
×
  • Create New...