Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Needs decatting, or sports cat? I'll get my coat...
  2. Yes GT2 coming soon - although not holding my breath I thought the first one was downright terrible and just used to skip to the driving bits which meant about 15 minutes worth of footage each episode. I also watched The Mist, it was a bit daft and as one reviewer put it 'he ended up rooting for the mist rather than the characters' and yes its been binned. I watched it all the way through in the hope it would improve but was left disappointed. And yes Klingons, those in the films (new and old) looked different to those in NG, to those in the original and so on - they always look different depending on what make up/technology is on offer at the time
  3. Oh and watching Expanse now...into episode 4 and its pretty good!
  4. Stranger Things 2 out on Netflix on 27th of October First series was awesome.
  5. Website http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_products_mobil-super-3000-xe-5w30.aspx# http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_products_mobil-super-3000-x1-formula-fe-5w30.aspx# One seems more premium than the other citing better protection over wider temperature conditions?
  6. I do love the way the number 100,000 strikes fear into mainstream UK car owners. Its not like cars are programmed to self destruct at that mileage, or that a car on 100,000 miles would be so much worse than one on 90,000 miles. A funny fickle bunch on our little island
  7. Sold - thread locked
  8. Could be bits of any old crap coming up off the road and sticking to the car? Clean it off and see if it happens again - if not then problem solved.
  9. You lot in your V6s are all talk...(see what I did there)
  10. coldel

    GT-Four

    Cheers pal, its hard work! I have also decided COMPLETELY not to get an EBC - its so tempting to easily up the boost to around 310bhp but the amount of stories of ringland failure due to old age are so rife I have decided to keep her quite stock and focus on other areas. Few things on the list are replacing front indicator lenses, going to replace some of the suspension components that are looking a bit old, maybe a new head unit. Also on the lookout for a used Blitz or HKS exhaust, apparently my current set up is a 'bit loud' I have been told by people that have driven behind me...
  11. Quite a few HRs have sold on here for less than £8k lately. Like anything there is always a bargain out there if you look hard enough. From memory a black roadster HR went for £7k.
  12. coldel

    GT-Four

    Did a little bit of scrubbing up on the car engine bay, got out the old degreaser, APC, GTechique metal polish etc. and got to work Looked so bright by the time I finished even little Alfie was amazed...thing I was actually most chuffed with was getting the underside of the bonnet spotless, he didnt notice that though! I really like the three way strut bar on the car, apparently a custom jobbie from RT Performance many years ago, anyway the Gtechnique metal polish is great at getting it up to a nice finish. Shame once you think you got everything done i.e. wiping down all the individual little tubes etc. you take the photo, look and immediately see a little speck of dirt that escaped the job! Hoping to make some more static meets before the end of the year. There is a JDM UK one at Ace early December I signed up for. Here she is at a recent GT-Four meet
  13. coldel

    GT-Four

    Cheeky little mod, but I like it GT-Four brake light...
  14. If you can hang on November 24th is the black friday sales - although not as good as they were a few years back a few head unit bargains to be had. I bought a JVC touch screen double din unit for £130 reduced from £399 which is all singing all dancing and does the trick for me.
  15. Depends what you are comfortable with - I bought a £130 head unit for my old Celica, has hands free calls, music streaming, USB inputs etc. Others prefer the flexibility of an Android install and put tablets in. If you look in the ICE section and search build threads there are a fair few examples.
  16. Search through the forum for the BOSE HACK which allows you to plug in an iPhone or the like. Otherwise you can get BT modules for around £80 used every now and again. Or just go for a new double din head unit/tablet - there are a fair few examples in the ICE section on the forum to get an idea of the brands/work involved.
  17. I will see if I can get Harvey Weinstein to come along!
  18. Next Zed meet I expect to see the result of your efforts Dan!
  19. And long blonde locks...
  20. Yes the judges comments on the student who got drugged up, boozed up, abused her BF and assaulted him who was then labelled a vulnerable young woman under the control of a habit who was so talented she didn't deserve a criminal record. I am sure if it were roles reversed he would have been labelled an alcoholic druggie woman abuser and put away for 5 years for attempted murder. What an utter farce that case was and a disgusting piece of sexual stereotyping. How many 'talented' young men got drunk and committed a crime and put away being told 'you have ruined what could have been a brilliant career' and not given the same legal luxuries she was.
  21. For sale feeler threads Follow the rules please. Ta.
  22. Everyone I know who ran different tyres on their car for more than a day has died in a fiery ball of flames
  23. I cant imagine difference in tyre brand and tread depth would have such a drastic effect at lower speeds like you are describing if both are at normal pressures. Sounds to me like some sort of bushing/suspension issue, when on the move is moving around and causing this drag on one side?
  24. Not open to a public slanging match here people, if you have problems deal with them in private please.
  25. Seen this car so many times now and it is one of the best, stunning effort Andy
×
×
  • Create New...