Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Personally try to avoid physical confrontation - as Dan hinted you have no idea what you are getting yourself into, sure smash it up, then find the following day your driveway smashed up/vandalised etc, you repair it and its done again and again and you get into a stressful situation. Even worse case scenario is you go out to your drive a few days later and twenty bikers rock up wanting 'a word' just how tough can you be then? Put up additional signage, you never know that might just sort it. If not, leave a note on the bike reminding them that its a private driveway and its important you have access to it at all times etc. Dialogue should always be the first effort so you know the full facts of whats going on
  2. Ultimately a post code of TW10 1AB is as different to a computer algorithm to TW10 2AB as much as SG5 5YZ. I had a frank conversation with a specialist insurer when I moved one street away a couple of years back and my insurance went up something like 20% He said that they pretty much have to just draw lines in the sand and yes your next door neighbour could differ but how else can it be done, there has to be a black and white difference by post code based on theft/damage/claims etc made by specific post codes.
  3. I did the same, just set mine to up at the max, it actually provided no assistance to me at all when driving I kind of worked out what revs to shift at if I wanted to make progress etc.
  4. I'm going to bump this a couple of times in case anyone missed it
  5. What cars did you have the Avons and Falkens on? A tyre that works well on a Civic might not be so effective on a 300bhp heavy GT car. As HP said above, if you got loads of tread on the 050As then go with them on the front they have good reviews. The general concensus is that Michelin Sport 4s are great tyres, but Conti's etc. are going to be good enough too if you are looking for reasonable fast road grip.
  6. Wow
  7. coldel

    New Ferrari

    Not the 330GT 2+2?
  8. Appreciate the time and money gone into that, but if I am honest not sure on the colour, its looks like a black/red that has bleached out in the sun?
  9. coldel

    New Ferrari

    Better looking than the 458 I think...side profile is really GT.
  10. coldel

    New Ferrari

    Mixed opinion on the comments on PH, personally I think it looks fantastic https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/new-ferrari-portofino-revealed/36659
  11. The wait for that beautiful sound continues!
  12. Buy ten mitts and switch to the next one each time you use one on one panel?!
  13. My black Zed was horrendous for it - Wasso spent 7 hours on mine then a few weeks later and any tiny minor abrasion showed up like a christmas tree! Black looks fantastic when polished, but it only lasts a few days! PS, suds do not mean anything in terms of car cleaning, I use Bathe+ which is by far the best shampoo I have ever used and it is pretty much sudless.
  14. Had to video this, in case my car did get involved!
  15. Is it using one of those wide angle screw on lenses you can stick to the front of an SLR?
  16. If the Toyosports one is on and working, not sure why you would change it for a Japspeed as in terms of what they are they are both low cost budget exhausts. Interestingly Japspeed 'quality' is fine, on the GT4 forums a guy cut one up and found that the actual work is really good, its the fitment that is the problem. I have one on my Celica GT4 and its loud and drones a bit, the fitment is 'neat' to say the least. If you are looking for lower cost exhausts I would look at the Cobra exhausts that a few traders on here supply, fair bit cheaper than any true dual invidia/ark etc but sound really good.
  17. Have had a bit of a run of bad luck lately, laying in bed last night at 10:30 heard a vehicle outside and then a loud grinding noise - I feared the worst looked out the window and saw an ambulance had driven into a parked car opposite outside. Front bumper, wing, door and wheel all damaged. I went out and my car had nothing on it, in fact it could have been they were trying so hard to avoid the loud looking red thing they misjudged the innocent beemer. In the end they pulled away dragging it 20 yards down the road until it came free you can just see the back of it in the photo. Chap who got in the ambulance was a neighbour, he looked pale but not distressed sure he is ok will knock later to see how he is.
  18. Good shots although makes my eyesight go a bit weird, either that or my contact lenses are not in focus!
  19. When the bonnet got smashed by those plonkers working on next doors roof, took it to TGM for respray and they commented that I had so much paint on the car it must add a fair bit of extra weight! Can only assume whoever resprayed it prior to owning it myself went to town!
  20. Only do the bits that need it and go easy on it.
  21. I machine once a year max. Bathe+ and Victoria Concours keep it shiny in between. I used Menzerna polishes which seemed pretty good.
  22. coldel

    New Z4

    Cant make my mind up, looking a bit like an SL/SLK maybe?
  23. Yes if you hold a torch to the paintwork you can see the swirl change - loads of cars cleaned by hand can look great in photos but you need that swirl check to see the real impact - and DAs mean even an idiot like me can have a fair crack at it.
  24. The difference a DA makes is night and day - dont care what some of these products that are hand worked in claim, a DA takes it to a wholly different level nice work.
  25. And in case anyone missed this thread it helps with look and feel and how the forum look operates https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/118099-tip-making-the-most-of-your-activity-stream/
×
×
  • Create New...